Inrejects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

DC Universe Online (PS3)

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Whidden

Whidden

Number of posts : 7218
Where I am : THE DARK TOWER
Registration date : 2007-01-24

DC Universe Online (PS3) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC Universe Online (PS3)   DC Universe Online (PS3) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 7:20 pm

Dirty looks form wives are par for the course. To be expected and loved.

I got a head set today and hooked it up. Blue tooth and all that jazz. The game reset me to no skill points or power points. Don't know if that's from the headset hookup or game update.

Anyhow, I am way too drunk tonight to make it work, so will sign in sometime soon and get the head set working. I "think" you can just hook up this generic 16 dollar head set and get it working in game without Skype, etc.

Drunk talk don't scare me, I just just dont' want to assign all those skill points unless sober. Let me know if it's just me or if the game rest the skill points for everybody.

Also, get that drunk Heck! to find us in game on a Friday night so we can all play together.

ORDERS GIVEN, WHIDDEN OUT.

Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

Number of posts : 9748
Where I am : 台北市
Registration date : 2007-01-23

PostSubject: Re: DC Universe Online (PS3)   DC Universe Online (PS3) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 1:36 am

Yeah, HECK's been a bit slack lately... considering this was all his doing, you'd think he'd be a bit more responsible.

I believe I just used the words 'HECK' and 'responsible' in the same sentence.

I don't know when I can look at getting a bluetooth headset. This month I've got to pay for my Taiwanese permanent residency application, next month I'm getting a huge electricity bill... oh and I'm like having a wedding or something (my wife always wanted one of those. Spoiled, she is.). I'll see how I go though.
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

Number of posts : 6497
Where I am : Off the deep end

PostSubject: Re: DC Universe Online (PS3)   DC Universe Online (PS3) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 7:26 pm

Damn you. Mention his name, and he shall come... haha.

I will play DCU this weekend. Maybe tonight, for sure tomorrow. Freakin' love it.

How did you guys meet up?

What day/time is good for you guys to play?

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: DC Universe Online (PS3)   DC Universe Online (PS3) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 1:34 am

Friday night is best. Your Friday night. It'll be Saturday morning for me.

That's when Dave and I tend to meet up. My wife goes to work on Saturdays so I've got the TV to myself (well, Regina's here... but seriously, I watch her stupid shows all week...).

Through the week, I just can't. Weekday mornings (evenings for you guys), I've got to work.

Meeting up is easy. I see Dave's online, playing DC Universe, I start it up and then push left and find him in my friends list. Select Join Group. Easy.

Finding each other can sometimes be a pain in the ass. And there's not much communication going on yet. But there will be. Dave said he's bluetooth enabled, and I'm ... not. But maybe one day.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: DC Universe Online (PS3)   DC Universe Online (PS3) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 6:31 pm

Bloody software update.

I'm going to be here a while Sad
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: DC Universe Online (PS3)   DC Universe Online (PS3) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 8:50 pm

I'm stuck outside a door while Whidden fights Mr. Freeze.

I can't even watch and cheer him on this time, it's this blood huge thick metal door.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: DC Universe Online (PS3)   DC Universe Online (PS3) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 9:09 am

I caught up with Whidden again last weekend. Just for a bit. He helped me with some missions. Didn't really talk because I don't have a headset or anything yet. But I hope I can figure something out soon. It's fun playing together but if you're not really communicating it loses part of the fun.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: DC Universe Online (PS3)   DC Universe Online (PS3) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 10:49 pm

I'm level 13 now.

Honestly, I find missions difficult. I mean, figuring out which missions are best to do and where I need to go to do them can sometimes be annoying.

Yesterday I figured out how to do an "event", so I cued myself up for it and everything... then... nothing. Nothing ever happened. It was kind of a pain really.

While I was playing the game with Whidden and his co-worker, the game kind of shat itself. Somehow I re-spawned underneath the surface of the earth and I couldn't get my black ass out of there.
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

Number of posts : 6497
Where I am : Off the deep end

PostSubject: Re: DC Universe Online (PS3)   DC Universe Online (PS3) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 4:42 pm

Are you guys still playing? I need to get back into this. Finally beat Arkham. Only took a year.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: DC Universe Online (PS3)   DC Universe Online (PS3) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 6:50 am

You, sir, are not allowed to play DC until you finish all side missions as well.

Or just don't listen to me. Most people choose this option.

Dave plays almost every day. I get on when I can, but when that time comes around I usually have to spend 2 hours updating. Bleh.

I honestly don't like it. Dave's worked it out better than me because he obviously knows what he's doing.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: DC Universe Online (PS3)   DC Universe Online (PS3) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 3:02 am

I had a good session online with Dave last week. Basically played my lame ass missions, but I went up one more level which was cool.

It really is hard organizing all the silly missions and side missions and stuff. Sometimes it's hard to find the events and stuff like that. Combat also is a little troublesome, I feel. Maybe I made some wrong choices, but my special powers aren't that interesting.
Back to top Go down
Whidden

Whidden

PostSubject: Re: DC Universe Online (PS3)   DC Universe Online (PS3) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 8:31 pm

I am now a level 87 healer.

Toon name is Algul Siento

Villain.

It took me a full year. Lot's of beer and play time. You dudes need to play some and let me heal you. It actually works a little now that I'm an 87....

Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: DC Universe Online (PS3)   DC Universe Online (PS3) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 10:51 pm

My ex brother-in-law seems to be playing this 24/7. I got a new Playstation 3 and can't even seem to install it anymore. Keep getting errors.

I guess this game is more fun when you have friends anyway Sad

I'm a Playstation Plus member now, so I've got the instant game collection. That keeps me heaps busy. Plus, you know, being a dad and stuff keeps me slightly busy. When I can't ignore her any longer, that is.
Back to top Go down
Whidden

Whidden

PostSubject: Re: DC Universe Online (PS3)   DC Universe Online (PS3) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 10:51 pm

I play everyday almost and I still get freggin lost in the Hall of Doom.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: DC Universe Online (PS3)   DC Universe Online (PS3) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 11:29 pm

Hated that hall of doom.

My big problem right now is I can't reinstall the game. Not entirely sure why. It just keep giving me errors, something about not being able to download an activation key. It's been a few months now.
Back to top Go down
Whidden

Whidden

PostSubject: Re: DC Universe Online (PS3)   DC Universe Online (PS3) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 11:35 pm

That sucks.

PS4 is out in November, all these PS3 games will be old news.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: DC Universe Online (PS3)   DC Universe Online (PS3) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 12:34 am

PS2 kept kicking for a while after PS3 came out. PS3 will keep going with the online store and everything. There are still new titles announced into next year at least. It won't completely die out right away.

That being said, I want a PS4. Only game I'm interested in so far is Infamous: Second Son, but you know there'll be a heap of good stuff.
Back to top Go down
Whidden

Whidden

PostSubject: Re: DC Universe Online (PS3)   DC Universe Online (PS3) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 10:44 am

I will be looking for another MMMMMMMOOOOOO deal. Doesn't have to be DC Universe. I would rather it be. I have never done the World of Warcraft, I might check that out if it's on there.

I seem to enjoy the never ending toon build where you can't reach a goal, you just build stronger and stronger for years.

They say no PS3 games will work on it, but I'm hoping they will make a new version of DC Online and allow us to transfer over with all our powers.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: DC Universe Online (PS3)   DC Universe Online (PS3) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 10:24 pm

I need there to be an end in sight. I can't just keep going, it would drive me nuts.

I have a 30 day PS+ trial for the European site, so I have Mafia II, Need For Speed: Most Wanted, Spec Ops: The Line and a few other games at least for 1 month.

I've deleted DC Universe completely, since that bloody thing just won't update.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: DC Universe Online (PS3)   DC Universe Online (PS3) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 9:14 pm

Back to top Go down
Whidden

Whidden

PostSubject: Re: DC Universe Online (PS3)   DC Universe Online (PS3) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 5:08 pm

I hope my level 89 healer toon will transfer over. If not, I will have to start all over again. A years playing down the toilet...
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: DC Universe Online (PS3)   DC Universe Online (PS3) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 3:48 am

You could keep your PS3. I plan on getting the PS4 but keeping my PS3. Will play both, no doubt. Too many Playstation 3 games that I have that I've barely played.

I still can't install DC Universe again Sad I keep retrying it now and then and it's just not working. I think maybe a different hub would work, but my wireless hub works fine otherwise... so I'm not inclined to buy a new one.
Back to top Go down
Whidden

Whidden

PostSubject: Re: DC Universe Online (PS3)   DC Universe Online (PS3) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 7:44 pm

I see you logged in all the time in other games. Normally in the morning, which is probably your midnight, ha ha.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: DC Universe Online (PS3)   DC Universe Online (PS3) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 11:50 pm

Hahaha, you're right... afternoon or evening. Usually when I'm (1) not working and (2) able to get the TV away from the kid for a few minutes.

If you're a PS+ member they put new free games up every week. Usually every month there's a big name title and a few smaller ones (which are often fun!). Then you also get some good deals from time to time (I bought Rayman Origins for $5, Max Payne Special Edition for $12, Star Wars Force Unleashed II for $7 -- and a bunch of others).

So, for example, this month I got Hitman Absolution for free. Probably a bit violent for you, but I really dig it. You sneak around and try to assassinate a target. You can go in all guns-a-blazin' or just take it slow and sneak your way in and take them out. Usually the second takes longer, but you won't die that much. They're open to how you go about it too. In the first level (after the tutorial), I found a room with a window where I could just sniper the target and get away. Worked well. Apparently you can just walk over and poison his soup too.

You should look into it. $60 a year, but totally worth it. Then again... DC Universe seems to just keep going and going and going and going and going and going... It's like they're creating missions faster than you can play them.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: DC Universe Online (PS3)   DC Universe Online (PS3) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 2:09 am

Dave, feel free not to answer, but what downloadable content have you bought for this game, and how much did it cost you? There are a lot of packs I've seen but I don't really know what they do.

Not that it would help me much anyway Sad Still can't download.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DC Universe Online (PS3)   DC Universe Online (PS3) - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DC Universe Online (PS3)
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next