Inrejects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

DC Universe Online (PS3)

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
gaboman

gaboman

Number of posts : 9748
Where I am : 台北市
Registration date : 2007-01-23

DC Universe Online (PS3) Empty
PostSubject: DC Universe Online (PS3)   DC Universe Online (PS3) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 10:44 pm

HECK informed me this was free. 30 hours of downloading later, yes, it's indeed free. Looks okay. It starts with you escaping from Brianiacs lair or something. Then you end up in the main foyer area where everybody's walking around. I don't know what happens next, I turned it off. Fighting is easy enough, but is a little messy overall. You can select your powers and design your super hero to look however you want it to look (the options aren't too detailed though).

15 GB, but it's free... so I'm torn.
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

Number of posts : 6497
Where I am : Off the deep end
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: Re: DC Universe Online (PS3)   DC Universe Online (PS3) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 5:32 pm

I fell asleep waiting for the updates.

It's fun. Typical MMORPG. You can spend money to upgrade your character.

I like how you choose your mentor, to be a hero or villain.

Telling you, erase your Saved Game Utility. Easy peasy.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: DC Universe Online (PS3)   DC Universe Online (PS3) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 10:01 pm

Oh yeah, I deleted some game data to make room. I'd hate having to install shit every time I want to play though. Man, I could upgrade my hard drive, but I don't know if the PS3 still lets you install your own hard drives. They don't let you run windows or linux anymore.

I think I chose Superman as my mentor, but I kind of regret it now. Batman would have been dope.

At the end of the opening scene, Superman came out and helped me kick Brainiacs ass. That was kind of cool. I haven't played any other missions yet.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: DC Universe Online (PS3)   DC Universe Online (PS3) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 3:32 am

Okay, last time I played I only did the opening mission so I didn't get a proper feel for the game. I cracked it open again last night and had a lot of fun. I left the compound where you start the game and was surprised to find a nice, large open-world area. It was supposedly Metropolis. Checking the map, there's also Gotham and a bunch of other Cities (maybe I have to play as Batman's apprentice to get there).

So first thing I see is this race, so I decide to do it. It's quick enough and I got a silver medal.

Then I just flew around the city a while. I wanted to see what'd happen if I jumped of a building and I just land with a crash which is pretty cool.

Then Brainiac's monsters were loitering around so I kicked their asses. Every time I almost died I flew off so I could regain my health. I seemed to pick up a bunch of points and items and stuff. I added a cape, gloves and boots to my outfit. My dude isn't that powerful yet, but he will be. Oh, yes, he will be.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: DC Universe Online (PS3)   DC Universe Online (PS3) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 10:30 am

This is my character on DC Universe. If you watch to the end, you can see what happens when you get your character to free-fall.

So far I'm doing okay. I've finished one full mission, I think. It's pretty good the way they've worked it out. They give you a bunch of tasks first, then once they're done (you can do them anytime) you move onto the mission part. It's pretty good. Not the best fighting game there is, but it's pretty slick. Free play is pretty good too, since I've already played about an hours worth and I'm still going without feeling the need to pay for anything. I may want to when I get into it a bit more, but so far so good.
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

PostSubject: Re: DC Universe Online (PS3)   DC Universe Online (PS3) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 3:09 pm

Can we play at the same time, like meet up? Do missions?

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: DC Universe Online (PS3)   DC Universe Online (PS3) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 9:47 pm

I'm not sure how to meet up except for "hey, let's meet at the Metropolis coffee shop at 10 sharp!" and then you like hold a button to have someone join your team. I was doing a mission and joined someone's team, and it made the mission a tiny bit easier (because any kills they did counted towards my total). Otherwise it's actually not that restricting to be part of a team, which I like.

There's probably a way to find your friends online through the menus, I'm not sure though.

For the free version you can have 2 different characters to play, so I'm going to make another one someday soon with totally different powers. Fire sounded cool to begin with but I'm not loving it as much as I thought I would.
Back to top Go down
Whidden

Whidden

Number of posts : 7218
Where I am : THE DARK TOWER

PostSubject: Re: DC Universe Online (PS3)   DC Universe Online (PS3) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 6:32 pm

I will try to download it, but I never got my PS3 sign up to work. I can watch netflix, and go online, but I can't get my official ps3 certification. I will try again and download this deal.

Maybe we could play and not pay, and be losers, but meet other losers to play with and be part of the poor team.

Then we are cool in our group that is non credit card.

Back to top Go down
Whidden

Whidden

PostSubject: Re: DC Universe Online (PS3)   DC Universe Online (PS3) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 7:38 pm

It has 15% of it downloaded as of right now.

My user name is WHID19

How do we find each other on PS3?

I have zero PS3 friends at the moment. Can you fellows search for me and send requests?

Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: DC Universe Online (PS3)   DC Universe Online (PS3) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 9:56 pm

I'll fire up my PS3 and see if I can find you later. I turned DC Universe on last night to see if there was a way to find friends within the game, but I got side-tracked destroying turrets to gather data for something or rather. The missions really don't make much sense to me, if I'm being honest. Fun anyway.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: DC Universe Online (PS3)   DC Universe Online (PS3) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 1:44 am

I have a US Playstation Network account and it works fine without a credit card. I put one of those 50 buck cards onto the account and one point (spent it all on bullshit).

Since you've gotten into the Playstation store now, you should check out all the demos. There's heaps of cool shit going back years. The latest demo that I love is the 15 minute playable demo of Batman: Arkham City.
Back to top Go down
Whidden

Whidden

PostSubject: Re: DC Universe Online (PS3)   DC Universe Online (PS3) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 6:54 pm

I played some when I got home, got to level 3 and could not find a save option. I quit and went back and it started me over, but I was still level 3.

I will work on it some more tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: DC Universe Online (PS3)   DC Universe Online (PS3) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 12:14 am

Yeah you don't save or anything, but whenever you log off and log on again, you're in the same state, basically in the same place you left off. You don't even need to finish levels/missions, just turn it off and pick it up later. I dig that.
Back to top Go down
Whidden

Whidden

PostSubject: Re: DC Universe Online (PS3)   DC Universe Online (PS3) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 8:05 pm

I went from level 1 to 3 in about a half hours play time, and have spent about 3 hours play time at level 4.

I wander around and get in fights and try to do missions, but I get lost, can't fly that good, and forget what the mission is. Having fun though...

Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: DC Universe Online (PS3)   DC Universe Online (PS3) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 10:08 pm

I have, I believe, 15 or so unfinished missions in my journal. One of them I just need to talk to the person who gave me the mission, but arsed if I know who that was. I still enjoy it too though. I'm level 9, which means I got some boosts flying now, which I dig. I can fly faster than before.

Man, going into the League of Justice's headquarters is really confusing. That place is like a maze.
Back to top Go down
Whidden

Whidden

PostSubject: Re: DC Universe Online (PS3)   DC Universe Online (PS3) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 10:55 am

1. I can't figure out how to get back to headquarters to check my mail.

2. I took off all my clothes (in game you pervs) and like it a lot better. I got rid of my hair, I am a giant Rock skinned thing flying around with evil eyes. Coolio. I know I lost some defense and attack stats, but the dorky gloves and cape looked stupid on me. I fly nude now and I'm liking it Jerry, I'm liking it (Seinfeld reference).

3. I think to meet each other, one of us has to start a league, which costs money. I have a little extra, I'm thinking of seeing how much, how to buy it, etc. and start us a league, then me, you, Heck! and friends from work or whatever can meet up while online.

4. I chose villains and my mentor is Circle, Circe, whatever. I am doing a bunch of spells and crap. I like it, it feels more like Dungeon Siege so far. I go around and steal souls from civillians, I felt guilty at first, but they taunt you and it helps out some.

5. It's a little much for me to digest so far, I'm just going to keep playing till the terminology starts to gell. Since I went with dark magic, I don't know the terms. It's not like I am upgrading my .22 pistol to a .44 fully automatic. I have some stupid gloves with a curse or some crap and I don't know weak from strong.

6. I accepted your friend (GaBO) two days ago and I can see when you have been online and stuff, but I never see you in the game. It might just be we are not online at the same time, I don't know.
Back to top Go down
Whidden

Whidden

PostSubject: Re: DC Universe Online (PS3)   DC Universe Online (PS3) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 11:54 am

Update: I checked it out and I'm not happy with the purchase options.

They sell time and The Whid don't like it. In other words, sign up for 1 month, 3 months, whatever and during that time you can make a league, have plenty of cash, yada yada yada.

So to buy it and keep it, you have to make a monthly payment, or buy a year membership, etc. Then you go back to losing all your options when your time runs out.

This offends my old man sensibilities.

Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: DC Universe Online (PS3)   DC Universe Online (PS3) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 10:40 pm

I think the only way we can find each other is to pay and form a guild. I can't find any other section where we could possibly just find each other without just randomly running into each other in the game.

The emails are done in the Hall of Justice. There's an entry-way for the Hall of Justice in the police station where you started off.

Yeah, monthly payments suck. I mean I believe I'll eventually run out of missions and my guy won't be able to level-up anymore... but I'll deal with that when I get there. If I ever get there.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: DC Universe Online (PS3)   DC Universe Online (PS3) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 1:53 am

I am fiery gabo on this; what's your character's name Whidden?

I have another character that looks like Batman that I call gabo man (with a space) but I don't relaly use him. Just wanted to test it.

It looks like we can play together, but we need to know each others' names to get it done.

BUT

We both need to be heroes or villains (we're both heroes I believe, so no harm) and we both have to be on PvP or PvE (I'm PvE, because I thought this was better. To be honest, I have no idea what it means, but I figured PvP was Player Vs. Player).

Back to top Go down
Whidden

Whidden

PostSubject: Re: DC Universe Online (PS3)   DC Universe Online (PS3) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 8:42 pm

My toon is a villain. We still might be able to hook up.

I spent the last two days fighting Dr. Fate and losing. Tried him about 30 times. I will try again tomorrow.

Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: DC Universe Online (PS3)   DC Universe Online (PS3) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 11:10 pm

With the bosses, I find I need to equip a soda can (medi pack) to restore my health once or twice during the battle. I can't kick their asses without regenerating health at some point. As far as I know, you can leave the mission at any time just be walking away and finding the exit.
Back to top Go down
Whidden

Whidden

PostSubject: Re: DC Universe Online (PS3)   DC Universe Online (PS3) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 5:09 pm

My toon name is Wudan

He is a villain though. I might should start over if we can join missions together.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: DC Universe Online (PS3)   DC Universe Online (PS3) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 10:39 pm

You can create 2 characters, so you can just use one or the other depending on your mood.

I used my second character slot already, but I may delete him and start over on that one.
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

PostSubject: Re: DC Universe Online (PS3)   DC Universe Online (PS3) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 12:11 am

I was a good guy. I can make a villain. Should we all go that route? Maybe choose the same trainer. Let me know.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: DC Universe Online (PS3)   DC Universe Online (PS3) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 1:03 am

My guy's like level 9, I'd hate to start again Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DC Universe Online (PS3)   DC Universe Online (PS3) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DC Universe Online (PS3)
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next