Inrejects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe (PS3 & XBOX)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
HECK!

HECK!

Number of posts : 6497
Where I am : Off the deep end
Registration date : 2007-01-24

Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe (PS3 & XBOX) Empty
PostSubject: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe (PS3 & XBOX)   Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe (PS3 & XBOX) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 12:48 am

www.worldscollide.com
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mortal_Kombat_8

Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe (commonly abbreviated MK vs. DC) is a crossover fighting game from Midway Games in the Mortal Kombat series, which was released on November 16, 2008. The game contains characters from both the Mortal Kombat franchise and the DC Comics Universe. The game's story was written by comic writers Jimmy Palmiotti and Justin Gray.

The game was developed using Epic Games' Unreal Engine 3 and is available for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 platforms.

Story Line
MK vs. DC does not follow chronologically with the other games in the Mortal Kombat series. MK vs. DC takes place in a universe of it's own. After Shao Kahn's invasion of earthrealm is defeated by Raiden's forces of light, Raiden destroys Kahn by blasting him through a portal.

Simultaneously, Superman repels Darkseid's invasion of Earth by using his heat vision as Darkseid escape through a boom tube. This act causes the DC universe and the Mortal Kombat realms to merge. As the worlds merge the characters powers fluctuate, and experience violent rage outbreaks (later revealed to be the work of Darkseid fused with Shao Kahn). Each world thinking that the other is responsible for the merger, they fight each other in Mortal Kombat until only two remain, Superman and Raiden. In the final battle, Raiden and Superman fight while Dark Kahn feeds off their rage. The two overcome their rage for each other and defeat Dark Kahn, restoring the two worlds.

Roster

Mortal Kombat characters
Baraka
Jax
Kano
Kitana
Liu Kang
Raiden
Scorpion
Shang Tsung
Shao Kahn Sonya Blade
Sub-Zero

DC Comics characters
Batman
Captain Marvel
Catwoman
Darkseid
Deathstroke
The Flash
Green Lantern
The Joker
Lex Luthor
Superman
Wonder Woman

--------

A few extra notes... obviously a character like Superman would immediately win with one punch, or stare for that matter. The designers obviously toned him down.

Also, the DC heroes do not have Fatalities. Everyone else does, as well as a Brutality. DC heroes only have Brutalities.

The game was given a lower rating than the last MK games to appeal to the younger peeps.

-HECK!

Last edited by HECK! on Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:51 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe (PS3 & XBOX)   Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe (PS3 & XBOX) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 12:49 am

I now own this game. Haven't played yet, but it's kind of a geek-out for me. Been waiting for a while. Looks good!

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

Number of posts : 9748
Where I am : 台北市
Registration date : 2007-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe (PS3 & XBOX)   Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe (PS3 & XBOX) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 1:06 am

I saw this shit on play-asia the other day and thought... shiiit. It sounds like a mad idea, since I love Mortal Kombat and I love Superman and Batman and that kind of shit. Then again, I just don't know how well the game will feel. I have that X-Men and Street Fighter game and it's kind of crappy.

Let me know what it's like HECK! I may buy it later if you think it's alright.

I got Grand Theft Auto IV on the way now.
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe (PS3 & XBOX)   Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe (PS3 & XBOX) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 2:14 am

I will play it tonight, should be dope. The reviews say it's good. Doesn't look anything like the Marvel/Capcom efforts. Those were cartoonish.

Nice, I have to get back into GTA4 myself. You will probably catch up to me quick. I play online mostly. We could tear shit up online homie!

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe (PS3 & XBOX)   Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe (PS3 & XBOX) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 9:50 pm

I usually hate online play but we'll see. With GTA IV should be mad. Most of the people I played with online back when I used to have Xbox Live... well, they were cunts. Immature cunts.

I still need to get a headset.
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe (PS3 & XBOX)   Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe (PS3 & XBOX) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 6:05 am

Oh, they are all of the cunt variety, for the most part.

Buddy I used to work with jams online with me on the GTA. It's really fun. Turns out my BluTooth (sic?) deal works with the PS3. Cali turned a law where you can't talk on the cell phone while driving.

So now every asshole has a Blu dealie.

What really pisses me off is when they keep that shit in their ear in the market, restaurant, bar. What fucking douches.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe (PS3 & XBOX)   Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe (PS3 & XBOX) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 12:24 pm

Yeah, dicks here wear those things all the time too. Self-important wankers.

I have two blue tooth headsets (sony erickson) but turns out neither are compatible. You'd think being sony erickson they'd do alright, but noooo.... sony have to be difficult.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe (PS3 & XBOX)   Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe (PS3 & XBOX) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 12:41 pm

Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe (PS3 & XBOX)   Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe (PS3 & XBOX) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 2:16 am

I have this game now (finally).

I haven't played it through on arcade once. I don't know, I find it kind of boring. If I die, I never want to replay the fights. The story mode is alright, but it forces me to watch a story I don't really have that much interest in. Also you change characters so you have to keep learning new moves and that. I guess I'll get better at remembering moves, but as it is I don't care that much.

Still, it's mad fun in its own way. I wish I knew how to do fatalities, I better look that up.
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe (PS3 & XBOX)   Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe (PS3 & XBOX) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 10:08 pm

The big replay value for me is going online. That's fun. You can challenge yourself. I like going to the beginners room and kicking the hell out of the newbies.

I got through the story mode in one night though. Bogus.

Fatalities are listed online. Easy to find I imagine.

The close-up mode is cool.

Watch out for people cheating with Flash.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe (PS3 & XBOX)   Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe (PS3 & XBOX) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 10:46 pm

How is flash cheating? I guess maybe if you super-speed past folks constantly, that'd be a bit annoying. Should be a way to get out of it though.

Wish I'd grabbed Infamous though. Not much going on in this game.
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe (PS3 & XBOX)   Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe (PS3 & XBOX) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 7:14 pm

Exactly. The super-speed run around deal over and over again. Annoying as hell.

Infamous is great. Save up for it. Let me know if you get it. Maybe a rental. There is no online mode. But damn, I do dig this game.

MK vs DC is dopeness too. Maybe we can fight online this weekend...

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe (PS3 & XBOX)   Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe (PS3 & XBOX) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 9:10 pm

We'll see. I don't have a hub yet, so only the computer or the PS3 can be online at the moment.

I'll grab Infamous later this month I guess. I'm flat broke, but a mate of mine said he'll lend me some money if I get tight... might as well take him up on that... what else are friends for?

Yeah, stupid, I know.
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe (PS3 & XBOX)   Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe (PS3 & XBOX) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 7:17 pm

I read that the company which made this game, Midway perhaps, is almost out of business. They were going to do downloadable content, like extra characters, but now they've scrapped it.

Assholes said there might be downloadable content in future MK games. Fuck them.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe (PS3 & XBOX)   Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe (PS3 & XBOX) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 10:01 pm

That sucks man, because there really isn't much to this game. I was expecting a whole butt load of characters and a few varied game modes... As it is, the games a bit of a snore.
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe (PS3 & XBOX)   Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe (PS3 & XBOX) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 10:02 pm

Once you get it online we'll play.Online is the way to go. Kept it fun for me. Not a lot of depth though, you're right.

Could have been tons cooler. Kind of a missed opportunity.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe (PS3 & XBOX)   Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe (PS3 & XBOX) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 12:50 am

I really don't have that much interest in playing the damn thing though.

I saw Infamous has an online thing. If you're on PlaystationHOME (you know that virtual world), you can ... I dunno do something. i didn't get the ins and outs of it.
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe (PS3 & XBOX)   Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe (PS3 & XBOX) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 1:13 am

Really? I know you can't play online with other people. That would be sick.

Wonder what the PS Home stuff is. Will check it out.

Man, I hope there is a sequel. Most fun I've had with a game in a while.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe (PS3 & XBOX)   Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe (PS3 & XBOX) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe (PS3 & XBOX)
Page 1 of 1