Inrejects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Batman: Arkham City (PS3 & XBOX)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
gaboman

gaboman

Number of posts : 9748
Where I am : 台北市
Registration date : 2007-01-23

Batman: Arkham City (PS3 & XBOX) Empty
PostSubject: Batman: Arkham City (PS3 & XBOX)   Batman: Arkham City (PS3 & XBOX) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 2:07 pm

I say PS3 and XBOX, but it's actually on PC too and it's supposedly coming soon to Wii-U (yawn).

I've only played the demo from the Playstation Network but it is AWESOME. I want to get it. Game of the Year edition is out with all the current extras/add ons already featured. Only problem is the crappy cover artwork. Bleh.

Awesome game. Much better than Arkham Asylum and that's just from playing the demo.

Batman: Arkham City (PS3 & XBOX) 71ftvrALWoL._AA1082_
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

Number of posts : 6497
Where I am : Off the deep end
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City (PS3 & XBOX)   Batman: Arkham City (PS3 & XBOX) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 5:31 pm

Yeah, the Game of the Year edition is the way to go.

I bought the original version, but it came with a code to get the Catwoman maps. Totally different gameplay. Cool though.

I think the PSN gave away a free Batman suit skin.

Regardless. The special edition has all the Robin/Nightwing stuff plus the all-new Harley Quinn maps. Dope.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City (PS3 & XBOX)   Batman: Arkham City (PS3 & XBOX) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 10:03 pm

Yep, looking into it. Hate the cover art, but the edition is awesome. All those extras...

I don't blame them for jacking the price up for this new edition (the packs individually will cost you more) but still gives me pause. Game of the Year editions should be $20. They'd sell a billion of them, mark my words.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City (PS3 & XBOX)   Batman: Arkham City (PS3 & XBOX) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 5:34 am

Got the Game of the Year Edition now.

Gonna be an epic gaming session soon. Followed by The Dark Knight Rises at IMAX tonight. Sweet.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City (PS3 & XBOX)   Batman: Arkham City (PS3 & XBOX) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 11:12 am

How far have you gotten in this, HECK!? I've got a couple of more sessions and I'll probably be done with story mode. But story mode apparently doesn't even account for 50% of the game... I mean I look to be about half way through it, and it's telling me I've completed 10% of the game. Kind of sucks.

Just hope the side missions and all of that jazz are interesting.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City (PS3 & XBOX)   Batman: Arkham City (PS3 & XBOX) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 10:31 am

Finished story mode and the 4 Catwoman missions (they're not hard).

Plus 1 side mission and some random Riddler Trophies.

Game completed? 35% Bloody hell, I need to get at least 50%. Just to feel validated as a human being. I guess the Harley Quinn's Revenge mode will give me another 10% or so.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City (PS3 & XBOX)   Batman: Arkham City (PS3 & XBOX) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 12:18 pm

Seriously, the challenges in this are too challenging for me.

I know that's kind of the point, but I don't really like spending a bunch of time re-doing things over and over again until I get them right.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City (PS3 & XBOX)   Batman: Arkham City (PS3 & XBOX) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 8:31 am

Still loving this game. I tried Harley Quinn's Revenge and it was fun. You start off as Robin looking for Batman. Then it goes back 2 days and you play as Batman (I guess the story of how he was captured in the first place?) I gave up then.

When I went back to play again it seemed like I couldn't pick up at the same point I left off, so I just skipped it for the time being. I'll go on with it when I have more time. Right now I'm working on Riddler challenges. At least these things are doable.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City (PS3 & XBOX)   Batman: Arkham City (PS3 & XBOX) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 8:00 am

I'm at 54% now. I just took down Deadshot, which was kind of awesome of me.

Still a few side missions, but mostly I think I need to complete the challenges.
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

Number of posts : 6497
Where I am : Off the deep end
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City (PS3 & XBOX)   Batman: Arkham City (PS3 & XBOX) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 7:27 pm

Damn, you beat it already? I am such a slacker.

The Riddler missions are insane. I can hardly do them when I cheat and look on YouTube.

Did a few Catwoman deals. Sort of cool.

I left off where Batman was in some acid trip and you had to glide and land on these platforms. Sound familiar?

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City (PS3 & XBOX)   Batman: Arkham City (PS3 & XBOX) Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 1:31 am

Bloody hell, lost my post.

Um, yeah, you're up to Ra's Al Ghul. Following him is easy enough, but kicking his ass can be tricky. I think I had to try four or five times to get it right.

Riddler Trophies can be tricky. There's only really been one or two I've needed help with. And in both cases I've thought "wait, I can do that?" because it was like a power I didn't know I had or could use there.

Now I'm done, I'm interrogating his men and then I can actually see the trophies show up on the map. Makes it way easier.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City (PS3 & XBOX)   Batman: Arkham City (PS3 & XBOX) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Batman: Arkham City (PS3 & XBOX)
Page 1 of 1