Inrejects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Back To The Future Trilogy Appreciation Thread

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Whidden

Whidden

Number of posts : 7218
Where I am : THE DARK TOWER
Registration date : 2007-01-24

The Back To The Future Trilogy Appreciation Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Back To The Future Trilogy Appreciation Thread   The Back To The Future Trilogy Appreciation Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2007 8:50 am

You know, I'm being a negative nancy here, it's an apprecitation thread, I should go on about the positive instead of the negative, I gets in my whiney moods ya know.

Let see:

Favorite line: "If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits eighty-eight miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious ****."
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

Number of posts : 6497
Where I am : Off the deep end

PostSubject: Re: The Back To The Future Trilogy Appreciation Thread   The Back To The Future Trilogy Appreciation Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2007 6:17 pm

Whidden wrote:
yeah, but Vader lops off Lukes hand in the second one, and boy wonder goes off into the abyss. Can't beat that!

And the Falcon was a bad ass ship in two, Han was flying that thing around like a man on crack.

And the bounty hunters on the Battle Cruiser, Han frozen, Cloud City, asteroids, lots of dead admirals, the imperial walkers,

that movie just rocked my world at the time.

I hear what you're saying and agree, those parts rocked. My point is if you see Empire without seeing Hope, those scenes don't rock as much. Without the awesomeness from Hope, the events in Empire have less meaning. So if it's a lesser movie without Hope, it can't be better.

Ladies and gentlement of the jury, I rest my case.

::cue LA Law music::

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

PostSubject: Re: The Back To The Future Trilogy Appreciation Thread   The Back To The Future Trilogy Appreciation Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2007 6:19 pm

At the end of the first one, when Doc comes back, Marty asks if him and Jennifer are assholes when they're older. Hilarious.

Buford 'Mad Dog' Tannon calling Marty a duded up egg sucker is legendary. He moon walks and jumps onto a plank and that spitoon flies over and hits him.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
Leonna

Leonna

Number of posts : 1172
Where I am : Here... where ever here is...
Registration date : 2007-01-27

PostSubject: Re: The Back To The Future Trilogy Appreciation Thread   The Back To The Future Trilogy Appreciation Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2007 7:20 pm

Mad Dog- "What's your name dude?!?!"
Marty- "Eastwood" *looks at them intently* "Clint Eastwood.."
Mad Dog- "What kinda stupid name is that??"

Loved it!

One of daddy's favorite quoting lines is "You are my density...."
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

Number of posts : 9748
Where I am : 台北市
Registration date : 2007-01-23

PostSubject: Re: The Back To The Future Trilogy Appreciation Thread   The Back To The Future Trilogy Appreciation Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2007 8:38 pm

My name is Darth Vader! I have come to you from the planet Vulcan!

And A New Hope is the best Star Wars movie. Empire just had one of the best endings ever, that's all.
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

PostSubject: Re: The Back To The Future Trilogy Appreciation Thread   The Back To The Future Trilogy Appreciation Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 1:00 pm

G-Man, you are wise beyond your years.

At the start of BTTF, Biff is pissed because the car has a 'blind spot' and he almost spilled his beer after wrecking it. Hilarious.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: The Back To The Future Trilogy Appreciation Thread   The Back To The Future Trilogy Appreciation Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 8:20 pm

Educational too. I didn't know what a blind spot was until I saw Back To The Future. We need another BTTF thread. Like "Things I learnt from Back to the Future." It could include the fact that they didn't have sugar free pepsi in the fifties, and that Chuck Berry ripped Johnny B. Goode off of a time travelling teenager.
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

PostSubject: Re: The Back To The Future Trilogy Appreciation Thread   The Back To The Future Trilogy Appreciation Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 8:35 pm

Very true.

Things I learned about the 50's from BTTF:

Wearing 3D glasses was socially acceptable, while sleeveless jackets which looked like life preservers were shunned.

Staring at chicks with binoculars was okay, and if you fell out of the tree and was hit by a car you could get a free dinner out of the deal.

John F. Kennedy was a nobody and didn't have streets named after him.

Pepsi was not free, you wanted a Pepsi, you paid for it.

Janitors can become mayor.

Attempted rape was not something you called the cops over.

Clock towers were easy to break into.

Old people were deathly afraid of picking up hitch-hikers.

Jackie Gleason was very, very famous.

Coon skin caps were allowed at the dinner table.

You could easily enroll in high school with no transcripts, no identification, no parental signature, and no birth certificate.

White bullies didn't mess with refer addicts.

...to be continued.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: The Back To The Future Trilogy Appreciation Thread   The Back To The Future Trilogy Appreciation Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 9:05 pm

Hahaha, comedy. You also learnt that knowing the approximate time of a future lightning strike, you were able to determine, to a fraction of a second, the exact time the bolt will strike.

I remember around the time Back to the Future 2 came out, Pizza Hut had a tie-in dealy, where you could buy 3D glasses, or x-ray glasses or something. There were 5 pairs you could get. If I remember right, they were just the typical 3D deal, except they had images of the time machine and stuff stuck right into the lense. Kind of neat, for the time.
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

PostSubject: Re: The Back To The Future Trilogy Appreciation Thread   The Back To The Future Trilogy Appreciation Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 5:11 pm

Other things I learned from the BTTF trilogy:

At any age, some people are just assholes.

Police in the future will have hats with friendly messages on them.

Skateboards will always be popular, but eventually become terribly unsafe.

If you have a bad experience with cow dung, it will haunt you and your family for generations.

It's okay to mess with the timeline if it's for a chick.

I want a sports almanac, because, let's face it, you can't win much money betting on presidential elections.

Pine Tree farmers are not friendly to aliens, or as they say, 'space bastards.'

Chuck Berry got his new sound from a weird white kid, thanks to his cousin, Marvin.

Jerry Lewis could be vice president.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Back To The Future Trilogy Appreciation Thread   The Back To The Future Trilogy Appreciation Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Back To The Future Trilogy Appreciation Thread
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2