Inrejects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Game Talky Talk

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
gaboman

gaboman

Number of posts : 9748
Where I am : 台北市
Registration date : 2007-01-23

Random Game Talky Talk - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Game Talky Talk   Random Game Talky Talk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 5:17 am

There was a Kane & Lynch demo. I remember you start off on a roof, take out some guys, then parasail down the building and smash through a window. It had a fun idea, but I don't think I even finished the demo.

I haven't played shit lately. I'll go check out some games in the next couple of weeks.
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

Number of posts : 6497
Where I am : Off the deep end
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Random Game Talky Talk   Random Game Talky Talk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 4:26 pm

At 7-11 there was a free magazine, not very big, but it reviewed a few upcoming games. Asssasins Creed 2 hits in November. Looks tight.

Transformers 2 looks cool, might have to wait until the price goes down. Which could be a while.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Random Game Talky Talk   Random Game Talky Talk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 9:06 pm

Transformers 2 does look kinda cool, but the reviews I read weren't great. But seriously, what could be bad about driving around turning into a robot and blowing stuff up?

Assassin's Creed 2 should be awesome. The first game is mad fun, but I actually stopped playing and now whenever I pick it up I can't for the life of me remember how to play.
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

PostSubject: Re: Random Game Talky Talk   Random Game Talky Talk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 7:32 pm

I bought Assassin's Creed since you liked it. Thought I would try it out. Got it used for $20.

So far, so good. The story is pretty deep. I wasn't expecting that at all. Really interesting. There are a lot of controls, but I can dig it. The open world environment is great, HUD is solid. I'm still early on, just got demoted and don't have any powers or weapons. Lame.

While I was at the Game Stop, I put a reservation down for Marvel Ulimate Alliance 2. Guess I get a code to be Juggernaut. Teatro.

The guy was telling me about the Batman Arkham game. Downloaded the demo. Man, it looks bad to the ass. Kind of wish I reserved that one instead. Might get it too... eh, probably not. Creed is my game for a while.

How far did you get in it?

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Random Game Talky Talk   Random Game Talky Talk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 10:39 pm

Ultimate Alliance 2 should be awesome. I'm definitely grabbing that one. The original Ultimate Alliance and those X-Men games from back in the day were awesome.

Assassin's Creed is great, but don't put it down for more than about a month... because seriously I'm pretty far along in the game now and when I pick it up I have absolutely NO IDEA how to play it.
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

PostSubject: Re: Random Game Talky Talk   Random Game Talky Talk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 10:37 pm

A buddy of mine had the Ultimate Alliance on PS2. Didn't play, just watched them. Looked cool enough. The previews for the sequel just look dope.

I'm a comic fan, and this game follows the Marvel Civil War storyline. That's sweet.

The trailers for this look great too.

The guy at the game place said that the characters interact and combine their powers for killer attacks.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Random Game Talky Talk   Random Game Talky Talk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 1:47 am

Yeah, you could combine attacks on Ultimate Alliance too. That part of it was fun, you get more points and shit. Helps you upgrade. usually I get stuck on one dude who I like to be. Usually Wolverine, but sometimes I dug being Spider-Man or someone... it was heaps of fun.
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

PostSubject: Re: Random Game Talky Talk   Random Game Talky Talk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 2:52 pm

I am wondering about that too. There are a lot of characters to choose from.

I am partial to Captain America. But I will try to figure other characters out. Hulk and Juggernaut sound fun.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Random Game Talky Talk   Random Game Talky Talk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 9:15 pm

Hulk wasn't in the original, I don't think. Should be awesome to go for though.

I think sometimes you're limited on who you can choose, by good or bad or teams or whatever... but usually not so much.

There was a DC game, they tried to make it the same kind of format... but failed miserably. It was too limited, you could pick out of 6 characters, but only 2 at a time and you couldn't choose the same 2 twice. Plus the game play was repetative.
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

PostSubject: Re: Random Game Talky Talk   Random Game Talky Talk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 12:51 am

The new Batman one looks cool. I will have to wait since I'm getting the Marvel game next month.

But Arkham comes out next week... if I get it now then I get an extra level or some bullshit. I can always wait.

Haha, decisions, decisions.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Random Game Talky Talk   Random Game Talky Talk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 2:02 am

Extra level sounds worthwhile...

I may get it I have no idea. I haven't decided. If I'm that bored.

Ultimate Alliance is a must-have though. I know it already.
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

PostSubject: Re: Random Game Talky Talk   Random Game Talky Talk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 2:22 am

I just don't like waiting. It's a month until MUA2. Arkham is out next week.

What else is coming out down the road?

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Random Game Talky Talk   Random Game Talky Talk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 2:24 am

Nothing I know about, to be honest. I'm heaps selective on what games I get 'cause they're WAY too expensive.
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

PostSubject: Re: Random Game Talky Talk   Random Game Talky Talk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 4:11 am

Same here. But the used games are the way to go. $20 each, can't beat it.

I still have a few I played just a few times. Like Bad Company. Should play it more.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Random Game Talky Talk   Random Game Talky Talk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 5:09 am

I finished Bad Company. It was good. My only issue was once I finished it it didn't remember that I'd finished it so I can't just jump to any level I like. That pisses me off something fierce.

$20 games, I like. I gotten a few second hand online (since with the PS3 you can buy games from wherever the hell you like). But like, I was kinda geeked out for Ghostbusters, but after playing the demo I'm like fuck it. It kind of sucks.
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

PostSubject: Re: Random Game Talky Talk   Random Game Talky Talk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 4:58 pm

Once you told me about it I didn't even download the demo. I've already decided that we have a similar like/dislike of video games and I defer to you.

I bet we have the same games, actually. Except you probably aren't a Madden person. I want to get the new one. But there's another $60 to get my ever loving ass kicked online.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Random Game Talky Talk   Random Game Talky Talk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 9:01 pm

Madden is alright, but I can't see myself forking out too much for it. Plus I know I'll suck at it.
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

PostSubject: Re: Random Game Talky Talk   Random Game Talky Talk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 9:01 pm

It's like, I want a new game... but I still haven't finished Creed or MUA2.

There is a new one that looks cool... forgot the name. Shit. Weirdo on the cover. Goggles. Dammit.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Random Game Talky Talk   Random Game Talky Talk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 2:34 am

You're thinking of Uncharted 2
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Random Game Talky Talk   Random Game Talky Talk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 9:47 pm

So what I was saying in that other thread is there's a new game demo on the PS network that's like God Of War, called Dante's Inferno (based on the Devine Comedy, of course). It's pretty bad ass, and not overly difficult (unless you choose the hard difficulty). But the action is hard and fast, you beat up these heaps huge monsters from time to time which feels cool.

Download the demo, if you like it you'll probably like God of War as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Game Talky Talk   Random Game Talky Talk - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Game Talky Talk
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3