Inrejects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Game Talky Talk

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
HECK!

HECK!

Number of posts : 6497
Where I am : Off the deep end
Registration date : 2007-01-24

Random Game Talky Talk Empty
PostSubject: Random Game Talky Talk   Random Game Talky Talk Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 7:41 pm

Went to GameStop, a new & used game store. Got Lego Star Wars for the lady and some weird game called Kayne and Lynch. Haven't played yet. Looks odd.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

PostSubject: Re: Random Game Talky Talk   Random Game Talky Talk Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 7:51 pm

Actually, the GameStop place is the way to go. Used games are fine. 60 bones for a game is a lot.

Been checking Ebay too.

I can't rent a game though. It's damn near $10 now for a week. Guess if you just haul ass on it and beat it in a week, it's all good. Typically I grab games that you can play over and over. Plus I don't like a timetable on when I have to play it.

Anyway. Just saying.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

Number of posts : 9748
Where I am : 台北市
Registration date : 2007-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Random Game Talky Talk   Random Game Talky Talk Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 5:41 am

I played the Kayne and Lynch demo. It had a really interesting game concept, but I couldn't get too far in it. I think it might have been the mechanics of the whole thing....

When I was in Australia recently I grabbed Smackdown Vs. Raw 2008 and The Simpsons Game. It was 2 for $50 (which is actually only about $40 US) at EB Games (store chain over there). Both are about as fun as you'd expect. The Simpsons is mad because of the story, but can get fidgety.

I got Far Cry 2 recently as well. More difficult than the first one I had (Far Cry Instinct), but I like the idea of the game. Hope I get into it... but the whole thing is just way more complicated than I'd prefer it to be.
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

PostSubject: Re: Random Game Talky Talk   Random Game Talky Talk Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 3:35 pm

I have The Simpsons game. I like it a lot actually. Really in-depth. Beat the regular game but there is plenty of side stuff.

Is Smackdown vs. Raw good? Haven't played a WWE game in a while.

Still haven't opened Kayne and Lynch.

BUT- I finally got past that damn level on GTA4 I was stuck on. Holy hell. Just bought a bunch of molotav cocktails and fire bombed the shit out of the place. My guy caught on fire though. Still managed to take everyone out with a sliver of energy left. Accidentally shot a cop and they eventually got me, but the autosave feature saved my ass. Love the game. Beat a few more levels afterward.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Random Game Talky Talk   Random Game Talky Talk Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 7:34 pm

Awesomeness. Which island are you on now? The game really ain't that hard, but some levels you need a plan to get past them.

Smackdown Vs. Raw is pretty cool. I got 2008, not 2009... 2009 looks better... but I mean, who cares? You can create a character, do all the different kinds of matches, exhibitions and full seasons and shit... This one has The Rock in it too, which I don't think 2009 does... so that's mad.
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

PostSubject: Re: Random Game Talky Talk   Random Game Talky Talk Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 9:06 pm

I am on the original area and take the bridge to the second hideout, that dumpy ass apartment.

Problem is there is one level back on the first island that I can't get by. You have to race this really nice car and come in first. I can't do it. Imagine once I past it I'll be on the new island. Hopefully.

The new Smackdown vs Raw looks sweet. Might check it out. Still have a few games I need to finish.

Still dig the level I downloaded for Force Unleashed.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Random Game Talky Talk   Random Game Talky Talk Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 9:19 pm

I got butt fucked in the race every time too. Just take it easy, don't speed... just go along with the flow of traffic and you'll end up in front... remember where the straights are and speed up for them, but take it slow around corners and shit... I always wiped myself out at this one particular corner (near a bridge). Pissed me off. But take it easy, that's how to do it (there are no more races in the game after this one... I could call Bruce and arrange the races, but fuck that man).

I believe after you win the race you move onto the second big island. I think! That sounds about right... plus you get to keep the car.

If you find Smackdown Vs. Raw 2008 second hand or for cheap or some shit, get it. I'm sure I'll be able to lay the smackdown on you through the internet then.
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

PostSubject: Re: Random Game Talky Talk   Random Game Talky Talk Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 9:32 pm

That sounds about right, moving onto the next island.

I am going to try it your way for sure. Beacuse I think I know the turn you're talking about because I ate major S right around there.

Getting to that new island and keeping the car? Sweet.

The only pain is I'm on the second island and I have to go allllllllll the way back to that guys hideout. Such a long drive. Plus I usually ram 16 people on the way and crash through the tolls.

I will check out GameStop, place that sells used games. We can tear it up WWE style fo sho.

The new Wolverine game looks alright, you see it yet?

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Random Game Talky Talk   Random Game Talky Talk Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 9:55 pm

Yeah, Wolverine looks mad... anything in the way of online play for Wolverine? I don't think so... but still, I'll consider getting it just so I can run around slashing shit up with my claws (apparently it does real damage, unlike older wolverine/x-men games).

I just replayed the race over and over again... it's easier than reloading and going back. I think it goes on your record as having replayed a level, but I'm like... fuck it, you know?
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

PostSubject: Re: Random Game Talky Talk   Random Game Talky Talk Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 12:26 am

That's what I am thinking, just do it over again. Don't care much anymore about losing a level. Will keep doing the race over. Although, my official record says I haven't died yet... guess one missed mission is alright. Not like you lose your weapons.

Tried again 3 more times tonight and didn't win. Two other times I got chased by cops on the way and didn't get a chance to do the level.

Took a different way on the freeway, guess it was to the next island. There was a giant police baracade. They were just chilling there. I had zero stars. Didn't do anything. Once I walked past the baracade it went to 5 stars and I was gunned down. Crazy.

I will read up on Wolverine. If there is some kind of online deal that would be alright.

Let's figure out a good online game to play and hook it up.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Random Game Talky Talk   Random Game Talky Talk Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 1:33 am

Hahahah I never tried ramming the barricades when I was on those islands... I should try to do it next time. I know if you manage to steal a helicopter and fly to the statue of liberty (or whatever the hell it's called... happiness island?) you get shot down.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Random Game Talky Talk   Random Game Talky Talk Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 4:06 am

I'm not totally addicted to The Simpsons game like I wish I was. It's fun and all, and the cut scenes are great (just like watching an episode of the show itself) but I can never wait for the levels to finish... I just want them to hurry up and be done with. It's like I play it just to get through each level.
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

PostSubject: Re: Random Game Talky Talk   Random Game Talky Talk Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 5:33 pm

I hear you on The Simpsons Game. It gets tedious. Not a matter if I will pass the level just when and how long until I get bored.

Still want to check the Wolverine game.

Started up Force Unleashed again using this crazy skin I downloaded. Some crazy android Sith dude that looks half beat to hell. It's dope.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Random Game Talky Talk   Random Game Talky Talk Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 7:25 pm

I bought the skins and they don't fucking work. I worked out that it's because I bought the Aussie game, but downloaded that shit from the US website. It's bull man, complete bull! That's like 15 bucks gone. Only got 35 left and I don't know what to spend it on.

I need to find a heaps addicting game... not sure what to pick, not sure what to find... I'm thinking Civilization would be a good one...
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

PostSubject: Re: Random Game Talky Talk   Random Game Talky Talk Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 11:16 pm

Weird your skins don't work. Did you get the level too?

My skins also have Qui-Gon, Darth Maul, few others.

I need a game like that too. Maybe we could read up on a few then both grab it, try to play online or what not.

Saw the Wolverine game at the store today. The guide book too. Looks interesting. Dunno.

A bumb guy was playing the Dark Knight game at Target. That kind of looked fun actually.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Random Game Talky Talk   Random Game Talky Talk Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 1:21 am

I think the Batman game is ... Arkham Asylum or something like that... it looks okay, I need to read a review first.

Wolverine might be the way to go. I don't see the point of a guide book though. I heard it's pretty easy.

If it's anything like the movie, it might suck.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Random Game Talky Talk   Random Game Talky Talk Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 7:43 am

X-Men Origins: Wolverine game demo online at the playstation store now. Fantastic. I'm downloading it now. If I dig it, I'll buy it. If I don't, then stuff it.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Random Game Talky Talk   Random Game Talky Talk Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 12:56 am

Okay, X-Men Origins: Wolverine is a solid action game. I played the demo in normal mode (not easy), and I didn't die once but I came close quite a few times (thank goodness that you heal yourself).

The demo is set during the scenes where Logan and his crew go down to South America and take out that rebel whatsie. It's heaps good, anyway, and I don't even have the adamantium (or however you spell it) yet. The demo ends when you get to the boss fight.

There's apparently a level with a sentinal fight. That'd be sweet.

But I read that it's a fairly short game and has no multi-player mode. Not much you can do about that, but it'd still be fun to play for a short while I guess. I might grab it.
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

PostSubject: Re: Random Game Talky Talk   Random Game Talky Talk Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 12:52 am

Do you think it's worth $60 though? I'll check the demo then. But if you beat it all quick, dunno.

Can you go online or anything?

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

PostSubject: Re: Random Game Talky Talk   Random Game Talky Talk Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 12:55 am

Dude! I finally won that f'n race in GTA.

The new island is open, I'm on it. Doing missions for Playboy X, his buddy Damon or something like that. Manny too.

Did this mission where I upgraded all my weapons. Hardcore son! Loving it. Making some progress. Stoked.

Have to chase down this jackball on a motorcycle. Sonuvabitch.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Random Game Talky Talk   Random Game Talky Talk Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 12:57 am

Nothing online, but there are trophees apparently (not that means much...).

I don't know if it's worth buying yeah... it was heaps fun. Got a lot of interesting shit to do, graphics are fun and the mechanics aren't annoying or anything... and you're just slashing the shit out of people, not to mention you're wolverine. But then I think I read there are 5 levels, and then that's it. More customes you can collect, but nothing else.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Random Game Talky Talk   Random Game Talky Talk Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 12:58 am

Jackball on the motorcycled fucked me up the first time, but you can do it. Not too bad.

When you have the choice to kill Playboy X or his buddy, I believe you need to kill Playboy X. I mean... you can kill the buddy, but if you kill Playboy X you get his apartment which is the pimpest apartment in the game.
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

PostSubject: Re: Random Game Talky Talk   Random Game Talky Talk Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 1:01 am

Oh no shit? You have to kill one or the other?

Yeah, the friend lives in the projects. Playboy has a pimp pad. I can dig that. Will probably smoke him then. Noticed there was a parking space in front. Anything to get away from that crappy apartment. Been there for f'n ever it seems.

On the motorcycle one, did you chase him in a car? And did you cap his lady or let her go?

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Random Game Talky Talk   Random Game Talky Talk Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 1:03 am

Forget about the chick. But I jumped on the bike that was there to chase him (or did I have a bike already?) anyway, he goes down some small allies so the bike is better. But you gotta be careful on those damn things, because you can fall off them easy enough.
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

PostSubject: Re: Random Game Talky Talk   Random Game Talky Talk Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 1:05 am

Figured the bike was the way to go. There is one right there. I try to jack a car and it takes forever. Will try the bike.

Glad I am on these new missions though. Kicking some butt.

I need to check the IGN site for some new games. Find a new one after GTA.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Game Talky Talk   Random Game Talky Talk Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Game Talky Talk
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next