Inrejects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Grand Theft Auto IV

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
gaboman

gaboman

Number of posts : 9748
Where I am : 台北市
Registration date : 2007-01-23

Grand Theft Auto IV Empty
PostSubject: Grand Theft Auto IV   Grand Theft Auto IV Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 11:03 pm

There's already a thread for GTA, but this one deserves it's own fucking forum. It's so good. I was expecting to be annoyed by this game within a few minutes, but it is absolutely brilliant.

The older GTA games used to piss me off from time to time because I'd get lost or wouldn't be able to work out what to do next... none of that with this one! There's a GPS which makes shit easier, you can ride taxis which is mad... It's just like 10x better than the previous game.

So far I haven't come across any of that 'building up your muscle mass' stuff which was an interesting feature of the last game, but quickly became pointless. This one is easy to follow, and easy to get lost into.

You just CAN'T not love this game. I defy anybody to! The world that's been created here is full and rich with detail. You can watch TV at home, you can go out on proper dates to bowling, cinemas, stage shows, you can totally beat the shit out of people.

Oh, that does remind me of the one complaint I have regarding this game... I find the fighting mechanic to be a little annoying. It says I should tap such and such a button to dodge an attack, but it's never worked. Small complaint, really.
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

Number of posts : 6497
Where I am : Off the deep end
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto IV   Grand Theft Auto IV Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 9:01 pm

It is really dope. I was hooked. Still dig it, just haven't played in a little bit. Got side tracked with Star Wars.

When we going to meet up online son?

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto IV   Grand Theft Auto IV Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 10:05 pm

Anytime, but I still don't have a headset. You can find me at the id 'bofamily' though. Took me fucking ages to register too. I kept trying gabo, gaboman, gabobo, and a whole bunch of shit, so eventually I just type that one in randomly and BAM! I'm stuck with it.

I've gone on two dates with that Michelle chick. Kicked her ass at bowling and 9 ball. Done a bunch of missions involving... victor? I think that's his name, and just went with Ramon to the strip club. I had a lap dance for $50. It wasn't all that, the silly bitch wore tape over her nipples.

Oh, I think I totally did Michelle.

I'm not sure what kind of advantages that has, to be honest.
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto IV   Grand Theft Auto IV Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 5:58 am

Went on a few dates with her too, the GTA guy got it on for sure.

She is intergral to the story, watch out.

I am stuck on this mission with a ganja dude across town. Pain in the ass.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto IV   Grand Theft Auto IV Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 7:59 pm

The ganja dude is Little... something? Little John... Little Rastafarian dickhead... you mean that fellow?

I'm doing missions with that guy now. It's mad because I've finally got a gun and I'm shooting dudes down cold in these missions. The aiming mechanic for gun fights is so freaking easy, I love it. I'm glad they improved that.

It's not easy to take dudes down though. Perhaps I need to go for headshots if that's possible.
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto IV   Grand Theft Auto IV Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 8:16 pm

I hit a weird point in the game. The Little whatever guy is the only mission to do. Everyone I call goes to voicemail. His is the only mission lit up. It's making me do that one only.

Shitty thing is, dudes house is over the bridge and kind of far away. With me capping fools and hauling major ass with little regard to public safety, I rarely get there without a pile of cops in tow.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto IV   Grand Theft Auto IV Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 9:01 pm

I usually just lose the cops and go back. Unless there's a time limit. I can't stand games that give me a time limit. I'm slow at this kind of shit usually.

Did you check the game guides for any tips? Might be something you're missing. Gamespot has an alright game guide.
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto IV   Grand Theft Auto IV Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 11:47 pm

Haven't checked any game guides yet. I will if I beat this potheads mission then nothing comes up. This sort of thing has happened in past GTA games. Since there are so many characters and missions, you could feasibly go through the entire game and never scratch other missions. They all tie together, so the game makes sure you get certain shit out of the way.

At least I think that's how it goes.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto IV   Grand Theft Auto IV Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 12:35 am

I think you're right. But it could also be that you've gotten to a point where you have no further missions from anyone else, and you've got to do this guy's missions to meet some new folks to work with.

Look at the gamespot game guide, it doesn't look like this game is anywhere near as long as the previous GTA games. I can get down with that, though, because I've never completed a GTA game before. Wait...... I think I finished GTA1.
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto IV   Grand Theft Auto IV Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 1:19 am

True that, probably what it is. Either why I have to get past the Bob Marley level. Drive like an old lady to get there and just get through it.

I finished the first one on PS2, whichever it was.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto IV   Grand Theft Auto IV Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 2:02 am

Grand Theft Auto III was the first one on PS2. I never got close to finishing it, I don't think. I can't quite remember right now, actually, but I know I didn't finish it. I may have gotten close-ish.

Interestingly, I managed to get an unedited copy of GTA3 before the Australian government demanded all copies be recalled and a censored version be released instead. I can't remember everything they took out, but I remember one thing was the ability to pick up a hooker, then go into a dark alley and do it (the car would rock back and forth). Then you could kill the hooker and take her money. I always loved that feature.
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto IV   Grand Theft Auto IV Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 3:56 am

You going online tonight?

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto IV   Grand Theft Auto IV Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 10:55 pm

Sorry bro, not last night. Probably tonight for a while though.

I'd go on now, but it's a bit light and I probably couldn't see the screen properly.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto IV   Grand Theft Auto IV Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 11:34 pm

Holy shit, I got some playing done lately.

Let me see... what have I done?

Alright, I finished all of "Brucie"'s missions. The last one involved a street race which was beginning to piss me off. Eventually I tried just taking it smoothly the entire way, and it helped. Once I learned the route I made it without a problem.

When I won the mission I got that mad ass car I was racing. So I parked it at my safe house and now I don't want to touch it because as soon as I take it somewhere I'll lose the damn thing.

I finished all of Manny and Elizbeta's missions too. Elizabeta's second last mission ticked me off a bit. I had to go to the old hospital and find her coke. Getting in was okay, there were like 3 guards outside and about 10 folks inside with automatic weapons but I took them all out, got the coke... it was all good. But then the SWAT (I think they call them NOOSE) and cops arrived. I took them out as best I could, then jumped in my car and took off. There was a 3-star wanted level on me and I couldn't get the fuck out of it. I almost made it once, but a cunt of a cop came flying out of nowhere, and I was right bang smack in the middle of the wanted level again.

Eventually I died. So I tried again. And again. And again. Geez... Then I looked online and it said there's a dock and a boat nearby, and it's easier to evade the cops in the boat. Okay, good point. So I tried like three or four times further. Kept getting killed, couldn't work out how to take the boat. The cop helicopter kept killing me. Eventually I worked it out, though, and escaped like a breeze. But MAN that was beginning to get on my nerves.

Thank goodness for the taxi function in this game, otherwise I'd have to drive to that hospital over and over again.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto IV   Grand Theft Auto IV Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 11:07 pm

I played a mission from Playboy X last night. It was pretty mad. I had to go to a construction site that was closed down by the union. I had to take out the union leaders. I took guards out with a sniper rifle first, then run in and killed every bastard I could see.
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto IV   Grand Theft Auto IV Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 8:56 pm

gaboman wrote:
Holy shit, I got some playing done lately.

Let me see... what have I done?

Alright, I finished all of "Brucie"'s missions. The last one involved a street race which was beginning to piss me off. Eventually I tried just taking it smoothly the entire way, and it helped. Once I learned the route I made it without a problem.

When I won the mission I got that mad ass car I was racing. So I parked it at my safe house and now I don't want to touch it because as soon as I take it somewhere I'll lose the damn thing.

What? I don't have a safe house, dammit! Where is it? When do you get it? My old place just burned down and I live with the cousin in some shitty place far away.

gaboman wrote:
I finished all of Manny and Elizbeta's missions too. Elizabeta's second last mission ticked me off a bit. I had to go to the old hospital and find her coke. Getting in was okay, there were like 3 guards outside and about 10 folks inside with automatic weapons but I took them all out, got the coke... it was all good. But then the SWAT (I think they call them NOOSE) and cops arrived. I took them out as best I could, then jumped in my car and took off. There was a 3-star wanted level on me and I couldn't get the fuck out of it. I almost made it once, but a cunt of a cop came flying out of nowhere, and I was right bang smack in the middle of the wanted level again.

Eventually I died. So I tried again. And again. And again. Geez... Then I looked online and it said there's a dock and a boat nearby, and it's easier to evade the cops in the boat. Okay, good point. So I tried like three or four times further. Kept getting killed, couldn't work out how to take the boat. The cop helicopter kept killing me. Eventually I worked it out, though, and escaped like a breeze. But MAN that was beginning to get on my nerves.

Thank goodness for the taxi function in this game, otherwise I'd have to drive to that hospital over and over again.

I think you are farther along than I am. I just started the Manny missions. You are kicking some ass.

The last thing I did was took out a bunch of fools with the Rasta guy. That was tits.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto IV   Grand Theft Auto IV Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 9:43 pm

The mission where you break into that building and just keep shooting mo fos? I love those levels. not too difficult, as long as you have plenty of cover. When I have cops starting to chase me, that's what kicks my ass.

The shitty place far away is your new safehouse. The actual safe house is on the second floor, go up the stairs, turn around and it'll be the last door on the left. It's a bit nicer than the last dump.

I think you end up with Playboy X's crib later on, because he has the parking spot out front.

I haven't made any progress since the night before last though.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto IV   Grand Theft Auto IV Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 2:39 am

Shit, I typed out a post but lost it.

Got a bit more playing done lately. My safehouse is on the middle island and is pretty swank.

The missions are getting harder and harder. Starting to piss me off, actually. I have to replay the missions at least twice to actually finish them properly. Annoying.

It seems that Dwayne fellow and Playboy X want each other dead. I've done a few missions for that Francis fellow (the cop).
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto IV   Grand Theft Auto IV Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 2:46 am

I want a house with a garage and shit. Why no garage?

Last game I was like Donald MF'n Trump.

Now I'm a Russian badass with crazy glasses and a dipshit cousin living in a ratshit apartment.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto IV   Grand Theft Auto IV Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 3:02 am

I do feel good when I work out the trick for completing a mission heaps quick. Like there's this one where you have to take out some drug dealer and all his hoods. Basically I looked at the scene and thought 'stuff it, I can use the sniper rifle for this one'. Turned out it made the whole level heaps easier.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto IV   Grand Theft Auto IV Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 3:02 am

I read there're no garages in this one.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto IV   Grand Theft Auto IV Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 3:04 am

They did seem to water the game down compared to the previous ones (you can't buy your own safe houses, for example. Can't make yourself buff and all that shit).

I don't really mind. This is furthest that I've gotten in a GTA game since the first one, probably.
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto IV   Grand Theft Auto IV Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 6:34 am

Online tonight. Will do from here.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto IV   Grand Theft Auto IV Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 6:37 am

In case anyone else reads this thread, my and the G-man rock that shit. With the Skype we have live talky talk. Funny shit. We got worked, but it was fun.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto IV   Grand Theft Auto IV Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 11:55 pm

Last mission I finished I had to fly a helicopter and Little Jacob fired a rocket launcher at another helicopter.

I tried one mission last night (just once, and I did okay considering)... I robbed a bank with Packie and his brothers. Heaps of cops. I had to follow them and run around shooting the cops up, and we escaped through the subway... the fucked up thing was I think I'd almost finished the level and a cop shot me through a goddamn door.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto IV   Grand Theft Auto IV Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Grand Theft Auto IV
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next