Inrejects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Grand Theft Auto

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
HECK!

HECK!

Number of posts : 6497
Where I am : Off the deep end
Registration date : 2007-01-24

Grand Theft Auto Empty
PostSubject: Grand Theft Auto   Grand Theft Auto Icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2007 2:01 pm

So I dug out Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas and started to play it again. When it first came out I bought it right away, played it for a week then put it down for almost two years. I found it, loaded it and it started at my last save point. I thought that was cool. But after nearly two years I am lost. Need to start over.

Anyway, any GTA:SA tips out there?

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

Number of posts : 9748
Where I am : 台北市
Registration date : 2007-01-23

Grand Theft Auto Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto   Grand Theft Auto Icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2007 8:59 pm

Tips? Tips?... uh, uh... I dunno, man.

I put it down a while back, haven't been back since. I love the GTA games, but I always hit a brick wall at some point. Usually it's not even by the half-way point in the game, so I get sick of it and wait.

I think if you hold L1 and L2 and press up, left, down, right, up, left, down, right... you get unlimited weapons. Or something like that, I forget the combination exactly.
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

Grand Theft Auto Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto   Grand Theft Auto Icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2007 1:37 pm

I need to find a strategery (sic) guide on the net somewhere. I don't want the unlimited weapons codes... unless I just want to go rampage and bust a cap in a couple white mofo's.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

Grand Theft Auto Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto   Grand Theft Auto Icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2007 1:39 pm

What really pissed me off once when I first played it was I had the character get all buff in the gym. I spent like 15 minutes in there. I get out and decide to shit somebody for fun, long story short the SWAT team takes me out in a blaze of glory and gun battle. Sucks.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

Grand Theft Auto Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto   Grand Theft Auto Icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2007 8:30 pm

hehe, that's why you save every 2 minutes.

I remember why I stopped playing now... My next mission is like a 10 minute drive away, and every time I try that mission I end up failing and having to reload... so then I need to make that 10 minute drive again. I'd save the game closer-by, but there is no closer-by...

Whenever I get in the mood I just go in there, blow stuff up, steal planes and helicopters and stuff. Hella fun.
Back to top Go down
Whidden

Whidden

Number of posts : 7218
Where I am : THE DARK TOWER

Grand Theft Auto Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto   Grand Theft Auto Icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2007 9:02 pm

You all seen this yet? Cracked me up. I saw it on t.v. and was like What The...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfhZfSVuup4
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

Grand Theft Auto Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto   Grand Theft Auto Icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2007 9:33 pm

Hahahaha that's comedy!! That's seriously a coke ad? Good stuff.
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

Grand Theft Auto Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto   Grand Theft Auto Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2007 12:00 pm

Saw that on TV. If that was a real game he would have lost.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

Grand Theft Auto Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto   Grand Theft Auto Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 12:54 pm

HECK! wrote:
So I dug out Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas and started to play it again. When it first came out I bought it right away, played it for a week then put it down for almost two years. I found it, loaded it and it started at my last save point. I thought that was cool. But after nearly two years I am lost. Need to start over.

Anyway, any GTA:SA tips out there?

-HECK!

Okay, okay. So when I wrote that I played it once and put it back away. Now, 8 months later, I am ready to play again! I printed out the codes and what not, so it's time to do this. I've had this game for three years. I think I've waited long enough. It's like a fine wine.

Anyone else play it? I imagine it's like $20 now.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

Grand Theft Auto Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto   Grand Theft Auto Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 8:09 pm

I've got it somewhere.

I may pull it out and play with it for a while.

...Wait, what?

Uh, anyway, I'll see. I like the GTA games, but they don't really make it easy for folks like me who just like to play for 10 or 20 minutes at a time, then go off and do something else. I've never ever finished one.

I actually like "Just Cause" more. Same kind of deal, but set on some South American Islands somewhere. Far more easy to just pick up and play without having to relearn what's what.
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

Grand Theft Auto Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto   Grand Theft Auto Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 5:24 pm

Heh, wrong joystick fella.

Man, I wonder if kids these days even remember what a joystick was. Odd ass name for it. It was a square box with a rod and a red button. There is something weird about it. As a matter of fact, I think our generation was there for the birth of the joystick as it evolved into the 12 button keypad toggle pad monster it is now.

But I digress.

GTA gets more complicated and engrossing with every sequel. I can dig its depth but I just don't have the time to completely dive in. And I have the type of personality where I will totally let this game own every free second I have until I master it. That's why I tend to stay away. I will easily get addicted to it.

Maybe I'll try to breeze through it. Or just blow shit up and turn it off. Either way.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

Grand Theft Auto Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto   Grand Theft Auto Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2007 3:16 am

Rockstar Unveils New GTA IV Trailer
We catch another glimpse at Liberty City in action. Will the Internet survive?
by YVG Staff

Following the somewhat muted unveiling of Grand Theft Auto IV's official packaging, game developer Rockstar Games has released the third official trailer for their long-awaited blockbuster. For most games that's hardly newsworthy, but then again, most games aren't as massive, controversial and, well, newsworthy as GTA IV.

Clocking in at a hefty two minutes, it's nearly twice as long as the last trailer, which you might remember as the one that nearly crippled the Internet, bringing down the game's official site and almost every alternate download source. That behemoth lent insight into the overall look and feel of Liberty City; this one, however, focuses much more on protagonist Niko Bellic by showing off the game's dialogue and story through gorgeous cut scenes and absurdly lifelike animations.

At least that's what you take home after one viewing. If the response to the last trailer is any indication, the gaming community will treat this lengthier video as it would a frog in science class, poring over every detail in an effort to glean new insight into the dozens of as yet unannounced features. Two minutes of new GTA IV footage is like two hours to the millions of dedicated fans.

They've certainly been patient. After nearly ruining everyone's Christmas by delaying GTA IV until next year (the exact ship date is still unknown), Rockstar suffered a bout of deja vu when their controversial action game Manhunt 2 was banned in several countries due to excessive violence. GTA IV will also likely meet some resistance, though the franchise's high pedigree and tremendous pop culture impact pretty much guarantees success at retail.

Will this new trailer help their cause? Check it out and you decide.
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

Grand Theft Auto Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto   Grand Theft Auto Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2007 11:47 am

It's for this game alone I must have the PS3. I'm hoping the prices will go down some by the time GTA4 comes out.

I still can't justify 400 bones for this thing.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

Grand Theft Auto Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto   Grand Theft Auto Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2007 11:59 am

Dope ass trailer. Only shows the in-game movie deals, not the actual game play. I'm sure it will be legit and all that.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

Grand Theft Auto Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto   Grand Theft Auto Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2007 8:27 pm

I'm thinking of getting a PS3 around Chinese New Year. At least I'll decide then, but I'm kind of considering whether I should get a hi-def TV first to make it worthwhile. So by the end of next year, I reckon.

Game trailers only ever show the in-game cut-screens; I hate that, because I know they'll look dope... it's the game play I wanna check out. I think the people who design the trailers know this too, but they just keep fucking with us.
Back to top Go down
Nymphadora

Nymphadora

Number of posts : 4023
Where I am : North Carolina

Grand Theft Auto Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto   Grand Theft Auto Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2007 10:32 pm

I love the GTA games. I haven't played in forever. I think I'm on the same mission Grants on.

I beat the first two. Me and my sister boyfriend used to play ALL THE TIME! I remember one day him and my brother tried for over two hours to beat the mission where you have to blow up the boat. You have to snipe people while dude is setting up bombs. They couldn't beat it and they wouldn't let me try. Finally they got tried of it and let me try and I beat it the first time. Haha that was sweet.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

Grand Theft Auto Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto   Grand Theft Auto Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2007 12:07 am

When you say you beat the first two, you mean the ones with the over-the-head style game play? The first two were pretty dope, but when GTA 3 came out I was there the day it came out just from seeing the trailer. I managed to grab a copy of it before it was pulled off the shelves to be made "less dirty." Awesome stuff.
Back to top Go down
Nymphadora

Nymphadora

Grand Theft Auto Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto   Grand Theft Auto Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2007 12:28 am

No I meant Vice City and San Andreas. I haven't finished Liberty City
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

Grand Theft Auto Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto   Grand Theft Auto Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 10:38 pm

Okay, I haven't finished any of them I think. I think GTA1 I did, I got bored with 2 because it was just the same thing again. I got hella close when GTA 3 came out, but I don't think I even come close with Vice, Andreas or Liberty... I think I got closer with Andreas than the other 2.

Eventually I just start entering cheats, getting weapons, blowing stuff up and see how long I can last against the police, swat and all that. They should have a game mode like that, to be honest. See how long you can last.
Back to top Go down
Nymphadora

Nymphadora

Grand Theft Auto Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto   Grand Theft Auto Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 2:01 am

yeah we did that a lot too. We would always try to steal the tank. I think we did once. I seemed pretty impossible. Well, now that I think about it I do think we stole one a couple of times. Wish there was a way you could steal the helicoptor
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

Grand Theft Auto Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto   Grand Theft Auto Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 2:04 am

Hehehe, see, I like these open-area games like the GTA ones. They're awesome, but sometimes I want less of a challenge and just want to blow people up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Grand Theft Auto Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto   Grand Theft Auto Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Grand Theft Auto
Page 1 of 1