Inrejects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
HECK!

HECK!

Number of posts : 6497
Where I am : Off the deep end
Registration date : 2007-01-24

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed   Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 4:10 pm

I fought a AT-ST last night, it was tough but I got through it. Sliced that mofo down. It can tax you quick though if you're not careful. I slid in, hit that bitch with lightning/Force push combo, flew out, flew back with a saber slice and more lightning. Picked it apart.

This game is so fun dude.

And the story is getting nuts! Let me just say that this is really Episode 3.5. Major characters are entering the mix, and all is not as it appears...

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

Number of posts : 9748
Where I am : 台北市
Registration date : 2007-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed   Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 8:11 pm

Can throw sabers in the demo by force holding folks and clicking the lightsaber attack button. Not sure if that's because the demo gives you a few upgrades or what.

Is James Earl Jones doing Vader's voice?
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed   Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 7:36 pm

I don't think it's Jones doing the voice, doesn't really sound like it.

In the demo are you Vader or the main guy, I think his name is Starkiller.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed   Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 7:53 pm

Main guy. But at the start of the demo you see Vader 'knighting' you. I don't see how that works, even touching your shoulder with a lightsaber should slice it up some.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed   Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 7:16 pm

I got the full game last night... Weeeeell... it's not as fun as I thought. The first level with Vader and the wookies is good, as is the next level in the TIE Fighter building fascility... (note, the demo is like the first, say, 5-10 minutes of this level, then it ends early and gives you a AT-ST to deal with).

But what's with the next two levels? They pick just random planets, and you bounce around this way and that trying to get through them... The end of the third level (the planet with all the lava) has a mad Jedi for you to fight, so it's not all that bad. But getting to him was a bit of a chore. I think the levels are a tad longer than they need to be.

Plus I'm supposed to be tracking down some sort of Sith cube whatsies, but I just can't be bothered bouncing around and finding them... And my desire to replay some levels isn't so high.

Still, controls are mad, and you've got different suits and light saber options... the power up method is alright too.

(PS. I bought the Australian disc, which is a different game zone and in PAL, but it still worked like a charm on my PS3. Niiiice).
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed   Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 9:07 pm

Spoke too soon, the fifth level is fucking awesome, and I loved killing the rancor in the fourth level.
Back to top Go down
Whidden

Whidden

Number of posts : 7218
Where I am : THE DARK TOWER

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed   Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 10:56 pm

Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed   Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 11:01 pm

heh. Pretty cool.

I got to the end of a level where a bunch of TIE fighters come at you and you've got to throw barrels at them, then once they're all gone you need to use the force on the big Imperial battle ship... I don't think I'm doing it right though, because once I use the force, after a bit the TIE fighters come back, and it starts all over again. Repeated the process like three or four times, so I don't think I'm doing it right.

From what I read online, the next level is the last. So... uh, almost finished the game I think.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed   Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 8:17 pm

Finished the game. The story is pretty good. It's basically about the formation of the rebellion. At the very end you fight Vader, followed by the Emperor.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed   Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 4:02 am

I did find a somewhat annoying glitch in the game at one point. I had to quit the game and start again. It was when I was fighting Vader, I don't know how but I ended up underneath the platform and I couldn't get back up. After a minute or so of moving around, I couldn't actually move anymore. It was really quite annoying.
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed   Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 7:22 pm

Whooooooooooaaaaaaa.... spoiler guy, not that far in the game yet.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed   Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 8:20 pm

Where ya up to? There's only like 2 hours worth of game play there, bro.

I didn't spoil the story that much, I'm pretty sure there are two possible endings.

I leant the game to my brother in law. I got Dynasty Warriors 6 off him. It's alright.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed   Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 4:37 am

I got this on PSP now... it's obviously a lot lamer than the PS3 version. Graphics are kind of shoddy, and the game play can get frustrating... but it's still okay.

There are a couple of things that I like on the PSP version over the PS3. For one thing, they have a multiplayer option. Another thing is, they have kind of side missions which are just boss battles... you can also play famous scenes in the movie. Like you can play Vader fighting Luke just before you reveal you're his father...

There are also a couple of levels that I wish the PS3 version would have chosen instead of the two lame levels (I call them abe's oddyssy land and mushroom land). There are a few short levels in the PSP version too, which are less frustrating than the super-long levels that the PS3 has.

Still, game play is a bit shoddy compared to the PS3.
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed   Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm

gaboman wrote:
Where ya up to? There's only like 2 hours worth of game play there, bro.

I didn't spoil the story that much, I'm pretty sure there are two possible endings.

I leant the game to my brother in law. I got Dynasty Warriors 6 off him. It's alright.

I am still playing... don't go at it every day.

I just started the Rebellion, and Vader mugged the party and stabbed that droid. Now I'm on the Death Star getting my ass kicked. I assume that I'm almost done?

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed   Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 9:24 pm

I forget, to be honest. You can go to the mission select area to see which missions are completed and how many left. I think there may be a few more levels where you rescue folks that the empire kidnapped.

I love the story and gameplay. I think the levels run a little thin, that's my only complaint. I guess they couldn't work certain areas like Tatooine and Naboo into the story anywhere... disappointing.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed   Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 3:29 am

Didja finish this yet, HECK! ?

I noticed they have a character pack online for $5.99 and I wanna get it. Then I remembered you didn't answer my email, you snobby mo-fo.

Anybody know if you can get those pre-paid cards for the PS3 online store at Wallmart? I wanna get like a 50 buck one when I'm out there so I can buy shit in the PS3 store whenever I want.
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed   Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 5:58 am

Shit, my bad, yeah I beat the shit out of that game a while back. Few weeks or so. I started to go back through jacked up on The Force. Smackin' bitches like never before. It's not fair to them. Taking down AT-AT's and Rancors in seconds this time, instead of running around like a bitch and hiding.

Character pack? You sent me an e-mail? Will check in a second.

What do you do with pre-paid cards on the PS3? What are they for? You making long distance calls? Heh.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed   Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 12:28 pm

Nah, you like enter the code and it credits your PSN account. I only read about them but can't tell where the fuck you buy them.

http://blog.wired.com/games/2008/08/psn-cards-sales.html

7 Eleven and blockbusters. I'm sure I can track them down in Anaheim.

I want the Star Wars character pack. That'll make the game worth playing again.
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed   Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 3:18 am

What can you do with a character pack?

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed   Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 3:48 am

7 new playable characters. Anakin, Obi-Wan, Luke, Imperial Commando, Drath Sion, Ki-Adi-Mundi, Kit Fitso.

3 new costumes for the apprentice.

$5 and the download is a bit over 200 megs. I read they all hold the saber in the same way as the apprentice though. Still would be pretty bad.

I read they'll do an upgrade with a new level at some point too. That'll be cool.

I got free updates on Battlefield: Bad Company though. It was pretty mad too. They incorporated a trophy system into the game. I have like 7 or 8 trophies now. They give them to you for weird-ass reasons like blowing up 1000 trees or hitting a million to one target. I got the million to one one, which was cool. I dropped a bomb on top of a helicopter which is damn near impossible.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed   Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 3:53 am

Thinking about it, it is complete bullshit that you pay so much for a game and they still want more money for the 'add ons'. If it was a lot of money, maybe I'd care... but I mean buying one of these packs every now and then isn't a bad idea.

But like I said, need a Playstation Network pre-paid card.
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed   Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 3:59 am

I have Bad Company! How do I get the updates? What am I missing here?

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed   Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 4:37 am

Log onto the PSN network first. Start Bad Company up and it should say you can update to version 1.52 or some shit like that. I think that's how it happened at least. It was telling me to update every time I turned it on for like a week before I bothered to actually do it. I'm pretty sure it started because I was on the PSN network when I started up.
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed   Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 2:20 am

Check it holmes, http://www.lucasarts.com/games/theforceunleashed2/

Force Unleashed 2.

Look at the trailer.

Bad to the ass. Would like it now.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed   Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 4:11 am

Eh, I dunno, doesn't tell us much about game play. A good teaser as far as story and video quality go, but I wanna see how much badder they're going to make game play.

Not to mention, I mean, are they just going to do the lame bit where some magical spell takes your powers and you've got to build them again? Or will you be bad ass from the beginning like you were at the end of Force Unleashed 1?

It better be awesome, though, that's all I gotta say.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed   Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next