Inrejects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
HECK!

HECK!

Number of posts : 6497
Where I am : Off the deep end
Registration date : 2007-01-24

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Empty
PostSubject: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed   Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 2:02 pm

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed is a multimedia project developed by LucasArts along with Dark Horse Comics, Lego, Hasbro, and Del Rey Books.

It consists of a video game, a tie-in novel, action figures, a comic book, a reference book and a role-playing game supplement, as well as a book on the making of the game. The game will be available on the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Wii, PlayStation Portable, Nintendo DS, second-generation N-Gage, iPhone, mobile phone, and PlayStation 2 platforms.

Story

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed tells the story of Darth Vader's secret apprentice, code-named "Starkiller" but born Galen Marek, as he hunts down the remaining Jedi after Emperor Palpatine orders them killed. Set between Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith and Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope, the story explores the aftermath of the Great Jedi Purge as well as the rise of Darth Vader. The events of The Force Unleashed are "pivotal" in Darth Vader's history and development as a character, and offer illumination into other characters from A New Hope, Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back, and Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi.

The Force Unleashed game will be released in North America on September 16, 2008; in Australia and Southeast Asia on September 17, 2008; and in Europe on September 19, 2008.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars:_The_Force_Unleashed
www.lucasarts.com/games/theforceunleashed/
-----

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed   Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 2:02 pm

I am buying this game for sure. Can't wait. Looks tits.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

Number of posts : 9748
Where I am : 台北市
Registration date : 2007-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed   Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 8:52 pm

Tsk... it may be about time for me to buy a PS3....
Back to top Go down
Lawless

Lawless

Number of posts : 4788
Where I am : SUN Diego

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed   Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 11:31 am

If there is a reason... this game is it. Damn!
Back to top Go down
http://lawlessone23.livejournal.com/
HECK!

HECK!

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed   Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 1:35 pm

Coming out tomorrow. Commericals for the game are getting me geeked. Going to pick it up after work. I'll let you all know how it is.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
Lawless

Lawless

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed   Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 3:15 pm

That's it, Heck... it's just damn time that I come hang out with you, over at your place. And it's got nothing to do with this game. Wink

Though, not this week.. since Peregr!n gets here, tomorrow morning, through this weekend.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed   Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 4:48 am

I've almost talked the wife into getting the PS3. It's not too expensive, I think (more expensive than the xbox when I got it, though). I do want to find out a little more about what it can actually do... and how many demo games there are out there (so i can download some demos and play them rather than buying heaps of games that I'll only play one or two levels of).

This Star Wars game better be awesome. I like the games like the Jedi Knights series, where you're bouncing around using the force and light sabers and shit. There are a bunch of crappola Star Wars games out there.
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed   Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 1:46 pm

I liked Battlefront. It was more of a shooter though.

This is strait up Jedi ass kicking. Reviews I read are pretty good. PS Network has a demo online, which I just found out about. Just going to buy it strait up. Don't like renting games, don't like waiting.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed   Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 8:02 pm

Yeah, I'd probably just download the demo to see if I liked it first... but, well, got to wait...
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed   Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 3:47 pm

I bought it... but haven't played yet. I have homework, dammit. Taking this Action Script 3.0 for Adobe Flash CS3 class through the local community college. Have a project due. I know if I start the game I won't stop.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed   Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 11:19 pm

The cheapest I've seen the PS3 for so far is 10500 NT bucks. That's like $325 US.

Hmm... considering it, but that's only with a 40GB, and they have an 80GB version now right?
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed   Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 9:34 pm

I got the 80GB PS3 yesterday. Freakin' dopeness. Can't wait to get a hi def TV, but that'll have to wait until my Chinese New Year bonus, I think.

Downloaded the demo of The Force Unleashed. It handles like no other gave I've ever played. It's honestly so freakin' easy to play. I'm sure it gets hella hard, but the controls and game play are brilliant. Graphics aren't too shabby either.

I'm probably going to buy it.

Does anybody know if I can buy games from overseas to play in Taiwan? All reports point to 'yes', but I really am not that sure...
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed   Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 2:01 pm

Ah, tits! We can play online too. Get GTA 4, we can tear shit up.

Played Force Unleashed this weekend. Freakin' dope. I love it.

You start out as Vader in the first level, but beyond that you are his secret apprentice. You build up different Force powers as you go on.

Won't spoil any of the story, but it's legit. I am having so much fun.

Choking Storm Troopers is the best.

Think I will review the game once I complete it. Dunno.

Regardless, buy it. Buy it now.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed   Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 8:30 pm

I'm totally going to... but I spent a fortune on the system itself, I gotta make do with demos for a bit. I'm going to try and buy a game perhaps this weekend with a gift certificate I have, but I guess it's a toss up between Force Unleashed and GTA4. Both look dope.

I love doing the lightning shit on the storm troopers. In the demo it's still quite small... but BZZZZZ die suckers!

It's mad when you cut the top off an R2 unit. That shit looks so awesome.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed   Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 1:56 am

Got a 7.5 at gamespot.

The Good

• Moving, intense story that will excite fans and nonfans alike
  • Beautiful art design dripping with flair
  • Powerful physics engine lets you execute all sorts of awesome-looking moves
  • You can punt a Jawa
The Bad

• Frustrating, imprecise targeting
  • Several gameplay sequences are simply awful
  • Weird glitches and performance issues

I honestly think they're grasping at straws with the last two. The first one is sort of true, but it's not too bad. 'awful' gameplay sequences could mean anything, and you're going to get glitches in almost everything.
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed   Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 1:43 pm

I like smashing the R2 units. Flinging Jawa's as far as the eye can see is awesome.

I was Force grabbing a stormtrooper, and he grabbed onto another trooper, and I flung them both into the wall.

I loved walking into this room where a dozen or so troppers were waiting. They opened fire, I was blocking it with the lightsaber, then used a Force push to knock them down. Shot lightning to kill a few, Force grabbed another and shot hit down the hallway, Force pushed another through the window into space... then used the lightsaber to send the rest to their doom.

Was excellent.

I also found a secret costume change. There are about 12 or so locked extra costumes. Mine was a Sith cape and hood. Looks bad ass.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed   Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 8:06 pm

Mad. Can't wait to get it.

Can you force choke? I can force grab, then it lets you zap them or push them or whatever, but I don't seem to be able to find a 'choke' button.

The level in the demo is aboard the death star (I THINK, it looks like it at least. Huge space station). They throw all kinds of shit at your. Even X-Wings at some point.
Back to top Go down
Lawless

Lawless

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed   Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 8:34 pm

I tried looking up a "Force Choke" for you... and I can't find anything. *shrug*
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed   Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 8:35 pm

If you Force grab them and bring them in close, I think they die after a little bit. I will try it tonight.

The Jedi you have to fight are tough.

Then you fight Rancor. Then you fight 3 Rancor. It's nuts. Delivering the death blows are great.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed   Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 9:32 pm

Eh, I did a big post here that was lost.

Just mentioned that the demo has an AT-ST at the end of it, and I eventually worked out that they're vulnerable to lightning... then I sliced the bastard in half.
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed   Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 3:12 am

Shut it, really? No AT-ST for me yet, but now I know to get ready son!

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed   Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 3:39 am

It looks mad. It comes out in the space station with 4 storm troopers. Took care of them heaps quick, but the AT-ST is a bitch. It fires fast and heavy. But if you just jump around it you'll be right, then electric shock the mofo when you're behind it. If you get too close, it'll stomp the ground.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed   Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 5:32 am

Quote :
The demo gives players a taste of one of the early levels in the game: the TIE Fighter Construction Facility, under siege by a Jedi General named Rahm Kota. The Secret Apprentice has been sent by Darth Vader to hunt down and destroy the General, but is also told that, in order to remain a secret, he is to leave no witnesses.
IT's an early level, and you haven't gotten there yet? How fucking big is this game, that's what I want to know...

Ah, so it's a TIE fighter construction facility. I never would have guessed.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed   Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 5:48 am

Just saw that it sold 1.5 million copies in the first week. Those aren't GTA4 numbers, but pretty damn good.
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed   Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 4:08 pm

gaboman wrote:
Quote :
The demo gives players a taste of one of the early levels in the game: the TIE Fighter Construction Facility, under siege by a Jedi General named Rahm Kota. The Secret Apprentice has been sent by Darth Vader to hunt down and destroy the General, but is also told that, in order to remain a secret, he is to leave no witnesses.
IT's an early level, and you haven't gotten there yet? How fucking big is this game, that's what I want to know...

Ah, so it's a TIE fighter construction facility. I never would have guessed.

Yeah, I've passed that. You can pick up TIE Fighter wings and huck them at people.

Man, I played that game way too long last night. It's so addictive. But I got mad Force upgrades. I can throw my saber like a boomerang now. The lightning is getting sicker, and my Force push is insane. I'm like a one man wrecking crew.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed   Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next