Inrejects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hillary Clinton might just win this thing.

Go down 
+5
HECK!
Dekka00
Nymphadora
gaboman
Whidden
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Whidden

Whidden

Number of posts : 7218
Where I am : THE DARK TOWER
Registration date : 2007-01-24

Hillary Clinton might just win this thing. Empty
PostSubject: Hillary Clinton might just win this thing.   Hillary Clinton might just win this thing. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2007 3:52 pm

geek To a right wing conservative like myself, the ultimate nightmare would be a Hillary Clinton presidency.

For you Bush haters out there, take whatever illwill feelings you have for old Dubya, then multiple that by ten, and you can Start to feel how we on the far right think about Hillary.

You would think that there would be enough ill will among conservatives, that we will overwhelm the ballot box come 2008, and vote for whoever is running against Hillary. Hereby referred to as The Wicked Witch. Very Happy

However, no matter how much we loathe the woman, the true right winger will never ever vote for anyone who is not against abortion. And the Republican candidates this year, the front runners, are moderates, and it's yet to be seen who will be selected by the Republican convention.

It's very possible that we might get a Guliani, whom I respect and think would be a halfway decent president, but the man is pro choice. So, no matter how cool I think he is, I can't vote for him.

So, if the demo's put Hillary on the ticket, and if the Repub's put a pro choice candidate up, then no matter how much we hate Hillary, we just can't vote for her opponent and we have to sit out the election.

The repub's, in part, have been wanting to shake us religious oriented abortion hating members out of the party, but they are scared to, as we make up a significant % of the voting block. Not huge enough to not think about dropping, but big enough to not turn a blind eye too.

If we get stuffed by our repub candidate this year on the abortion issue, then a lot of us won't vote, and Hillary just might slide into office.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

Number of posts : 9748
Where I am : 台北市
Registration date : 2007-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Hillary Clinton might just win this thing.   Hillary Clinton might just win this thing. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2007 8:47 pm

If I was running for president, I'd never say anything about my stand on abortion - it seems to be the biggest factor in a lot of people's decision and the kind of subject I would never want to talk seriously about as long as I live.
Back to top Go down
Nymphadora

Nymphadora

Number of posts : 4023
Where I am : North Carolina

PostSubject: Re: Hillary Clinton might just win this thing.   Hillary Clinton might just win this thing. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2007 11:33 pm

I'm not a rightwing conservative but I DON"T want Hillary to win it.

maybe you can explain something to me.I don't understand why some people use just one plank to determine weather or not they vote from someone. I understand that it is a touchy issue that people feel strong about, but there are lots of issues out there that people feel strong about and your not gonna find someone you agree 100% with. You have to look at the over all platform and decided who you think is the better choice. There are way too many factors to have one decide it all. I respect the fact that people have these strong convections but it's it a bi counter productive. I mean democrats, are more pro choice. So by having someone run that you agree with on all but one thing and not voing because that one thing, is going to allow someone you don't agree with but has the same stance on abortion as the person you agree with win. That's just not doing any good. So not voting is not going to keep someone with that opinion out of the white house. It just going to get someone you hate in. you see what I'm saying?
Back to top Go down
Dekka00

Dekka00

Number of posts : 1251
Where I am : Commonwealth of Virginia
Registration date : 2007-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Hillary Clinton might just win this thing.   Hillary Clinton might just win this thing. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2007 9:28 am

Whidden, you can always vote for one of the smaller candidates, like the Constitution party Very Happy
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

Number of posts : 6497
Where I am : Off the deep end

PostSubject: Re: Hillary Clinton might just win this thing.   Hillary Clinton might just win this thing. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2007 11:49 am

I'd vote for Mccain over Hillary any day of the week.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
Dekka00

Dekka00

Number of posts : 1251
Where I am : Commonwealth of Virginia
Registration date : 2007-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Hillary Clinton might just win this thing.   Hillary Clinton might just win this thing. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2007 12:24 pm

I'll vote Democratic if Obama is the candidate, otherwise I'm sticking to my snowball's-chance-in-hell voting record.

oh yeah
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

PostSubject: Re: Hillary Clinton might just win this thing.   Hillary Clinton might just win this thing. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2007 12:34 pm

Obama doesn't have enough political experience. State Senate and not even a full term in the U.S. Senate then president?

Eh, still more qualified that Dubbs.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
Lawless

Lawless

Number of posts : 4788
Where I am : SUN Diego

PostSubject: Re: Hillary Clinton might just win this thing.   Hillary Clinton might just win this thing. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2007 4:15 pm

GO HILLARY! cheers
Back to top Go down
http://lawlessone23.livejournal.com/
HECK!

HECK!

PostSubject: Re: Hillary Clinton might just win this thing.   Hillary Clinton might just win this thing. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2007 4:21 pm

Yeah... go away... Wink

I just think she's going to so damage the Democratic party. She should wait 4 years if anything.

In all reality, I don't know that the country is ready to vote for a woman president. But I do know the country will never be ready to vote for that woman as president.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
fuscia

fuscia

Number of posts : 2304
Where I am : INSane Diego

PostSubject: Re: Hillary Clinton might just win this thing.   Hillary Clinton might just win this thing. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2007 4:46 pm

I would never vote for Hillary. I hope Richardson gets it instead of her.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sherryzod.etsy.com
Lawless

Lawless

PostSubject: Re: Hillary Clinton might just win this thing.   Hillary Clinton might just win this thing. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2007 5:02 pm

I don't know that Hillary would do a bad job. I would vote for her. I won't, however, vote for a Republican. I want Bush gone... and I want to see a real change. I don't believe that either side... Dem or Repub... is truly right. I think that they are all working together, for one common goal, under the cover of split parties.
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

PostSubject: Re: Hillary Clinton might just win this thing.   Hillary Clinton might just win this thing. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2007 5:25 pm

fuscia wrote:
I would never vote for Hillary. I hope Richardson gets it instead of her.

Bill Richardson? Not over Clinton or Barack Obama. Richardson is okay but I don't see it happening.

Lawless wrote:
I don't know that Hillary would do a bad job. I would vote for her. I won't, however, vote for a Republican. I want Bush gone... and I want to see a real change. I don't believe that either side... Dem or Repub... is truly right. I think that they are all working together, for one common goal, under the cover of split parties.

I don't know that she would do a good job. Aside from being Bubba's old lady I don't really get how she's qualified for the Senate. Not to say she isn't a smart, capable person. But that's still far and away from being C&C of the most powerful nation on the planet.

If McCain runs and he was opposite Hillary I would go for McCain all the way.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
Lawless

Lawless

PostSubject: Re: Hillary Clinton might just win this thing.   Hillary Clinton might just win this thing. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2007 5:38 pm

Hillary has a lot of experience in many different forms. The woman is brilliant, and wants to see change happen. I don't think that she would do a bad job. I think that IF she were to win the election, there would be a lot of people (in power) that would do everything that they could to make sure that she fails. Men have a hard time allowing a woman to be in control. Especially if she were to run our country. Personally, I think that she would do a wonderful job. But, I didn't used to think that way about her. I've come a long way in my thinking where Hillary is concerned.
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

PostSubject: Re: Hillary Clinton might just win this thing.   Hillary Clinton might just win this thing. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2007 6:29 pm

What has she done though that would make her a great president?

She is very smart; well educated with honors, a lawyer, all that good stuff. While she does have a background in politics she has a very limited time as what Dubya would refer to as being "the decision maker." Studying politics is one thing. Being the first lady is one thing. Being in the big seat is a whole other thing. What has she even done as senator of NY? The only thing she brings to the table is her last name. Plus she's had some shady dealings while Bill was in office too.

I don't have a problem casting a vote for a woman. It's just that woman.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
Lawless

Lawless

PostSubject: Re: Hillary Clinton might just win this thing.   Hillary Clinton might just win this thing. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2007 6:48 pm

How about our current president, Heck? He's there because his FATHER was a former president.
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

PostSubject: Re: Hillary Clinton might just win this thing.   Hillary Clinton might just win this thing. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2007 7:13 pm

You'll get no argument from me there sista. That actually almost backs my point. Look how Dubya defending Texas from the Viet Cong, wasting his daddy's friends money on failed oil businesses, owning a baseball team and being the governor of Texas made him a great president... or not at all. And in all honesty I don't know if Hillary would be that much better. I think having Bill back in the White House would just make me feel better overall though...

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Hillary Clinton might just win this thing.   Hillary Clinton might just win this thing. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2007 10:41 pm

I wouldn't be that upset if Hillary won it. She did an alright job her first 2 terms.

Boo yah!
Back to top Go down
fuscia

fuscia

Number of posts : 2304
Where I am : INSane Diego

PostSubject: Re: Hillary Clinton might just win this thing.   Hillary Clinton might just win this thing. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2007 12:59 am

HECK! wrote:
What has she done though that would make her a great president?

. Plus she's had some shady dealings while Bill was in office too.

-HECK!

That is why I could never vote for her. It just is a matter of trust.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sherryzod.etsy.com
Pippin

Pippin

Number of posts : 884
Where I am : Washington

PostSubject: Re: Hillary Clinton might just win this thing.   Hillary Clinton might just win this thing. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2007 1:52 am

Hey Whidden, if you don't want to vote for a Democrat or a Republican you could always vote for a third party. You don't have to sit the election out just because the two front runners don't meet what you want in a president. If I didn't like the Democrat running after the primary I'd have no problem voting for a third party candidate if I liked them.
Back to top Go down
Whidden

Whidden

PostSubject: Re: Hillary Clinton might just win this thing.   Hillary Clinton might just win this thing. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2007 6:35 pm

gaboman wrote:
I wouldn't be that upset if Hillary won it. She did an alright job her first 2 terms.

Boo yah!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Whidden

Whidden

PostSubject: Re: Hillary Clinton might just win this thing.   Hillary Clinton might just win this thing. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2007 6:36 pm

Pippin wrote:
Hey Whidden, if you don't want to vote for a Democrat or a Republican you could always vote for a third party. You don't have to sit the election out just because the two front runners don't meet what you want in a president. If I didn't like the Democrat running after the primary I'd have no problem voting for a third party candidate if I liked them.

I wonder if we will have an independant this year? That would be cool.
Back to top Go down
Lawless

Lawless

PostSubject: Re: Hillary Clinton might just win this thing.   Hillary Clinton might just win this thing. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2007 7:14 pm

The problem with voting for a third party is that it's just a vote toward the winner. Because let's say that Whidden doesn't want the Repub that is running to win... but, he certainly doesn't want the Dem in there either. Well, voting for a third party takes away from the Repubs, and gives that vote to the opposite party, because that's one less vote the Dems need to beat. (Does that make sense?)

Personally, I just don't want another Repub in the White House.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Hillary Clinton might just win this thing.   Hillary Clinton might just win this thing. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2007 1:08 am

I know you what you mean, Lawless. It's like he wasn't gonna vote for the dems in the first place, so it's no skin off their back... but the republicans lose a vote there.

A third party can't win, unless everybody in the US gets together and decides which 3rd party they're actually going to go for... otherwise it's just a mess.
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

PostSubject: Re: Hillary Clinton might just win this thing.   Hillary Clinton might just win this thing. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2007 11:53 am

Voting for a third party is like going to Taco Bell, eating 3 Gordita's and drinking a bottle of Tobasco then chugging a quart of bacon grease, taking your ballot and using it as toilet paper for the insurmountable lava-turd barrage brewing in your stomach.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
Lawless

Lawless

PostSubject: Re: Hillary Clinton might just win this thing.   Hillary Clinton might just win this thing. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2007 5:00 pm

Heck, I couldn't have said it better!!! *all thumbs up*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hillary Clinton might just win this thing.   Hillary Clinton might just win this thing. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hillary Clinton might just win this thing.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next