Inrejects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hilarious Anti Hillary, Pro Obama ad on youtube.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Whidden

Whidden

Number of posts : 7218
Where I am : THE DARK TOWER
Registration date : 2007-01-24

Hilarious Anti Hillary, Pro Obama ad on youtube. Empty
PostSubject: Hilarious Anti Hillary, Pro Obama ad on youtube.   Hilarious Anti Hillary, Pro Obama ad on youtube. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2007 6:18 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6h3G-lMZxjo

Only hilarious is you like Obama and hate Hillary though. Which I don't care for the lady, so I found it kinda o.k.

though I must say, a little dirty. I don't think it was approved by Obama's people, just a side group who did it.

By JENNIFER PARKER

Hilarious Anti Hillary, Pro Obama ad on youtube. Byline_abcnews

March 19, 2007 —
A striking, new and unauthorized negative campaign ad for Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., that attacks his presidential nomination rival Sen. Hillary Clinton, D-N.Y., is the latest sensation on the popular video sharing site You Tube.
The 74-second ad is a creative take on director Ridley Scott's controversial 1984 Super Bowl commercial that launched Apple as a brash alternative to market leader IBM.
But this time, the blond female athlete running away from riot-gear clad police and carrying a sledgehammer is wearing an Obama tank top and listening to an iPod.
The ad's protagonist runs past zombie-like citizens watching a grainy, widescreen television image of Clinton talking about her presidential campaign.
Clinton, the Democratic front-runner, is likened to an Orwellian Big Brother, and the female athlete smashes her sledgehammer into the widescreen television and destroys it, shocking the citizens out of their complacency.
"On Jan. 14, the Democratic primary will begin," the ad's tagline reads, "and you'll see why 2008 won't be like 1984."
In the final scenes, the familiar Apple computer symbol is in the shape of an "O" for Obama, which morphs into the Web site address www.barackobama.com.
The website may be Obama's official campaign website, however the ad's creator is a mystery.
The Obama campaign claims it had nothing to do with the video. And today, the Clinton campaign declined to comment on the ad.
The question remains whether this is an attempt for Clinton's rivals to critique her anonymously, or whether it was created independently by political activists.
'Brave New World' of Political Advertising
"This ad represents the emergence of a new era in political advertising," said Simon Rosenberg, president of the Washington-based New Democrat Network, an influential party advocacy group.
"It's a condition of 21st century politics," said Rosenberg. "It's a brave new world…the barrier to entry for politics has been lowered and it's much easier for average Americans to participate and engage."
The ease of new technology is enabling political activists to make their own media and post it online. Using a simple laptop and software, ordinary Americans can garner attention that political campaigns are spending millions of dollars of advertising to get.
"It used to be that unless they bought tens of millions of dollars in advertising, you weren't going to be heard," said Rosenberg. "Now, if an ad catches on, on YouTube or wherever, and becomes trendy and exciting, it could have just as much impact," he said.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

Number of posts : 9748
Where I am : 台北市
Registration date : 2007-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Hilarious Anti Hillary, Pro Obama ad on youtube.   Hilarious Anti Hillary, Pro Obama ad on youtube. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2007 8:37 pm

Hahahahhahahaha...... I don't get it but it was interesting.
Back to top Go down
Nymphadora

Nymphadora

Number of posts : 4023
Where I am : North Carolina
Registration date : 2007-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Hilarious Anti Hillary, Pro Obama ad on youtube.   Hilarious Anti Hillary, Pro Obama ad on youtube. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2007 11:48 pm

yeah I dont really get it either
Back to top Go down
Lawless

Lawless

Number of posts : 4788
Where I am : SUN Diego

PostSubject: Re: Hilarious Anti Hillary, Pro Obama ad on youtube.   Hilarious Anti Hillary, Pro Obama ad on youtube. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2007 10:56 am

Only Bush lovers get such things!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://lawlessone23.livejournal.com/
Whidden

Whidden

PostSubject: Re: Hilarious Anti Hillary, Pro Obama ad on youtube.   Hilarious Anti Hillary, Pro Obama ad on youtube. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2007 5:53 pm

None of you ever read 1984?
Back to top Go down
Whidden

Whidden

PostSubject: Re: Hilarious Anti Hillary, Pro Obama ad on youtube.   Hilarious Anti Hillary, Pro Obama ad on youtube. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2007 6:00 pm

March 20, 2007 — If the 2004 campaign cycle was about the novelty of fundraising online, for the current mix of White House hopefuls, 2008 could revolutionize the use of the Internet to spread your word.
Or, in the case of Sen. Hillary Clinton, D-N.Y., for someone else to spread the word about you by way of a slick and mysterious attack ad.
A remake of the seminal "1984" Apple ad spot for Macintosh featuring New York's junior senator as Big Brother has been making rounds on the Internet for the last two weeks. This time YouTube is the venue of choice and the ad spoof is well on its way to a million views.
Silly, candid moments are nothing new on the Internet, and YouTube is the virtual corner where candidates have a hard time escaping their pasts. (Just ask former Sen. George Allen, R-Va.; former Sen. Conrad Burns, R-Mont.; or most recently, former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani whose "Hmmm" heard 'round the world has been playing on repeat.)
But the attack on Clinton, which ends with a plug for BarackObama.com, is a polished and sophisticated take: the overarching metaphor of the athlete (Obama) rescuing the numbingly mindless public from the evil establishment (Clinton).
The Obama campaign says it had nothing to do with it.
While nobody knows who made the ad, it quickly spawned an anti-Obama e-counterpunch.
Experts say it could be a groundbreaking moment in the brave new world of Internet campaigning.
"The days of being in total control of your message are over," said Democratic strategist Joe Trippi. "I believe we'll see in this cycle one of those Internet videos actually help make a candidate and also help take one down."
The candidates are trying to harness almost limitless power of the Internet and keep up with campaigning on an information superhighway that's left Main Street far behind.
It's a campaign political strategists say is happening on the Web right now, fought on blogs and popular social networking sites like MySpace where popularity is measured by your number of friends. (Obama's in the lead on that one.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hilarious Anti Hillary, Pro Obama ad on youtube.   Hilarious Anti Hillary, Pro Obama ad on youtube. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hilarious Anti Hillary, Pro Obama ad on youtube.
Page 1 of 1