Inrejects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wii General Discussion

Go down 
+4
fuscia
Mr. F
Lawless
gaboman
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mr. F

Mr. F

Number of posts : 1216
Where I am : san diego
Registration date : 2007-01-25

Wii General Discussion - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wii General Discussion   Wii General Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 12:24 am

Super Mario Smash Brothers is Damon's latest addiction. He will play all day if you let him.

We were playing a team battle when this pink thing came along and challenged Damon to a duel. It kicked his ass 3 times in a row. The it picked me for some reason, and I WON!

Yep, the kid is way better than me at this one , but I unlocked Jigglypuff! It was one tough little pink bastard too lemme tell ya!
Back to top Go down
Whidden

Whidden

Number of posts : 7218
Where I am : THE DARK TOWER
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Wii General Discussion   Wii General Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 2:04 am

Sorry to crash the thread, but I sent Grant, Heck and Fuscia a request for Superhero City. Please ignore it. I got entered in a drawing for good prizes if I spammed my friends with an invite.

Won't happen again for a another 6 months or so...
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

Number of posts : 9748
Where I am : 台北市
Registration date : 2007-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Wii General Discussion   Wii General Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 4:11 am

It actually got me worried because the message said "David needs your help!" I really was concerned for a bit.
Back to top Go down
Whidden

Whidden

Number of posts : 7218
Where I am : THE DARK TOWER
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Wii General Discussion   Wii General Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 10:18 am

David can not breathe and is dying. You have 1 mintue to help him out. The fellow ate turkey too fast, and no air no air no air...no airrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Back to top Go down
Schmiggens

Schmiggens

Number of posts : 1397
Where I am : 'Straylia
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Wii General Discussion   Wii General Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 2:16 am

I got a Wii for Christmas (wooh!) got Wii Sports, Wii Sports Resort and Mario Kart games, my arms are aching so much from playing the games for two days straight now, I can see why this is a great console to get for kids, you're up out of your lounge chair and actually getting active rather than just eating potato chips sitting on your ass with the other consoles. Some of the Sports games are really hard, but the Boxing and Sword fighting are awesome, we got extra controllers and spent Christmas day beating each other to death.

I don't quite have the hang of Mario Kart with the Wii controller yet, I oversteer so much and just crash into everything, it needs a sensitivity setting or something.

I am already looking at other games I want for it, I want Wii Fit next, the new Zelda game looks pretty good, Call of Duty .... we'll probably end up getting that, we have it for PC and it definitely the most played game we have.

I had forgotten how competitive I get at these games. I beat everyone at bowling, was winning at wakeboarding until I started drinking, and then lost my crown, but after a few cocktails, I didn't seem to mind so much. I got my ass kicked at basketball and table tennis.

But, man, my arms are KILLING me.
Back to top Go down
Mr. F

Mr. F

PostSubject: Re: Wii General Discussion   Wii General Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 1:46 am

I used to play a lot of Call of duty on the pc, but never liked it much on the Wii. From what I have heard shooters in general are frustrating on the Wii.

The next thing you need is some sort of Guitar Hero/ Rock Band type game, unless you already have it on another console.

Add Super Mario Smash Brothers Brawl and FIFA Soccer 10 to our list of Wii games. Both very good
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Wii General Discussion   Wii General Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 1:51 am

I think Emma would prefer one of those Sing Star or American Idol-type games over Rockband and that. But we shouldn't encourage her, if she's playing Wii I'll have no one to talk to of an evening.
Back to top Go down
Mr. F

Mr. F

PostSubject: Re: Wii General Discussion   Wii General Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 1:59 am

Both Guitar Hero and Rockband have microphones in some of the versions . Besides, M needs to broaden her musical horizons
Back to top Go down
Schmiggens

Schmiggens

PostSubject: Re: Wii General Discussion   Wii General Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 2:48 am

Super Mario Smash Brothers Brawl is on our wish list, we looked for it at the Video Ezy but they didn't have it for hire, probably a million other people got Wiis for Christmas and hired all the good games out, so we bought a Zelda Crossbow Training game that comes with a bow thing you attach to your control and nun-chuck to make a cool cross bow thing. Its pretty hard but very cool.
Also got a zombie game called Deadland. Real slow storyline, still getting used to the controller set up, but OK, you get to beat zombies up with baseball bats and whatnot, and it's pretty gorey. So cool.

I can't sing to save myself, so I will spare everyone around me the pain of me getting a singstar or that kind of game. Guitar Hero might be cool, but aren't the guitar thingys expensive?
Plus, I think Wii Fit is next on the list, and they're like $140.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Wii General Discussion   Wii General Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 3:30 am

Only Cian could hear you singing. I don't think you wanna save HIM the pain.
Back to top Go down
Mr. F

Mr. F

PostSubject: Re: Wii General Discussion   Wii General Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 11:10 pm

Links Crossbow training- we have that. Its ok, doesnt get played much anymore

Guitar Hero with 1 guitar is about the same as Wii fit with the board thing. The thing with guitar hero world tour or rock band is - you can start with the basic game then expand with another guitar or drums or microphone at a later date to keep it fresh. Plus when you already have the guitar, the expansion packs are cheap

We dont have Wii fit, if you get it let us know what its like
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Wii General Discussion   Wii General Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 11:12 pm

So you can buy the drums and mic and that separately? I've never seen them for sale separately here in stores...
Back to top Go down
Mr. F

Mr. F

PostSubject: Re: Wii General Discussion   Wii General Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 11:17 pm

Yeah, Ive seen them separate at Best Buy. Im pretty sure flying here would negate the savings though
Back to top Go down
Schmiggens

Schmiggens

PostSubject: Re: Wii General Discussion   Wii General Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 8:53 am

Mr. F wrote:
Links Crossbow training- we have that. Its ok, doesnt get played much anymore

I have gotten bronze, silver, gold and platinum medals in all the levels except level 7, which I barely managed to get gold on. Level 7 is mocking me, damn that level 7. Stage 2 is just bloody impossible, i can't shoot those bloody flying things. I can't even get over 10,000 in this stage, it's killing me. I hate it, but I must get platinum in all the levels, I shall not rest until this is accomplished. Although, once that's done, I don't know what the replay value on this will be, beating the high scores?

Bought the full Zelda Twilight Princess game today, have only started playing it. It's weird, having played the crossbow training first, all the maps on that are maps from Twilight Princess and it's like deja-vu, I want my crossbow for it. I don't understand why Link turns into a wolf, but I am sure that will get explained at some point. I don't really like being a wolf, I want to be a person again. I hope they don't make you play in wolf form for very long.

I got the Zelda game instead of the WiiFit, which I regret now, the WiiFit has a lot of different games and stuff to do, Zelda already feels a bit repetitive. Will have to see if I can manage to talk my way into getting the WiiFit as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wii General Discussion   Wii General Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wii General Discussion
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2