Inrejects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wii General Discussion

Go down 
+4
fuscia
Mr. F
Lawless
gaboman
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
gaboman

gaboman

Number of posts : 9748
Where I am : 台北市
Registration date : 2007-01-23

Wii General Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Wii General Discussion   Wii General Discussion Icon_minitimeFri Jan 26, 2007 2:06 am

I got to play the Wii Sports and the Wii-other-one while I was in Australia. Pretty cool stuff, almost wish I had one. Considering it's cheaper than both the PS3 and Xbox, it's not impossible that I might splurge on one at some point.

The games I played didn't have the best graphics in the world (though I hear it's capable of some mighty good graphics), but they were fun. Tennis is particularly fun, as the baseball is cool (though I always hit fouls).

I hear fuscia has one. Let's all devise a plan to sneak into her house and pinch it.
Back to top Go down
Lawless

Lawless

Number of posts : 4788
Where I am : SUN Diego
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Wii General Discussion   Wii General Discussion Icon_minitimeFri Jan 26, 2007 8:57 pm

I can't wait to see this game system, at Ron and Sherry's.

Hey guys... what games do you have?
Back to top Go down
http://lawlessone23.livejournal.com/
Mr. F

Mr. F

Number of posts : 1216
Where I am : san diego
Registration date : 2007-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Wii General Discussion   Wii General Discussion Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2007 9:53 pm

Wii have Wii sports (the one you played) , Call of duty 3, and monkey ball something or other

Back to top Go down
Lawless

Lawless

PostSubject: Re: Wii General Discussion   Wii General Discussion Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2007 1:16 am

Laughing I didn't know that you had Call of Duty, Ron! Too funny. But, not surprising. Wink

I saw the game that Damon got... the new one. I told him that I would play that monkey game with him the next time that I'm over there.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Wii General Discussion   Wii General Discussion Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2007 10:01 pm

If I had one I'd grab the Far Cry Instinct game they got.

It comes out in Taiwan in like 2 months, but a lot of people are selling the US and Japanese ones... but with either of those, you need to import the games, and the Japanese one has only Japanese games. Too annoying.

Those are the reasons I don't have a Wii. Well, those and I don't have any money.
Back to top Go down
Mr. F

Mr. F

PostSubject: Re: Wii General Discussion   Wii General Discussion Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2007 10:44 pm

Call of Duty 3 needs more basic training. You take a couple of shots, throw a couple of nades, and then they throw you in front of a buncha German machinegun nests. Ive got the thing on easy and I still get shredded every time because Im trying to get used to the controls
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Wii General Discussion   Wii General Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2007 1:03 am

Hm, how does it work? I mean, with that Wiimote thing, it can't be easy... you, what? Keep it level in front of you, tilt forward to walk, back to run backwards?
Back to top Go down
Mr. F

Mr. F

PostSubject: Re: Wii General Discussion   Wii General Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2007 1:11 pm

You have 2 controls. In your right hand is the pointer- it has the trigger, weapon select, and sight toggle.

In your left hand is the nunchuck- it has a joystick for movement direction and some buttons for stance
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Wii General Discussion   Wii General Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2007 8:26 pm

Oh I see, yeah yeah, I've seen that thing. Never used it.

From what I can tell it works like a normal controller, but the two hands are separated. But I can't say how easy it'd be until I actually try it.
Back to top Go down
fuscia

fuscia

Number of posts : 2304
Where I am : INSane Diego

PostSubject: Re: Wii General Discussion   Wii General Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2007 11:29 pm

I just have to say that Monkey Ball has a TON of mini games that are fun. There is one where you are a bird and you have to fly through these caves and hit the rings, there is wack a mole, well I like to wack stuff Shocked , and they have this ice game where you slide this sled thing on the ice trying to hit the poles. That one cracks me up.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sherryzod.etsy.com
Mr. F

Mr. F

PostSubject: Re: Wii General Discussion   Wii General Discussion Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2007 12:22 pm

I spent at least an hour playing monkey ball darts with Damon last nite. The controls are just like darts- you hold the ''a'' button, make a movement like throwing a dart,and let go of the button to release. Dang its fun!
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Wii General Discussion   Wii General Discussion Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2007 8:43 pm

I'd personally be worried about throwing the wiimote into the TV Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lawless

Lawless

PostSubject: Re: Wii General Discussion   Wii General Discussion Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2007 9:31 pm

Actually, Grant... that has happened, to some people, when Wii first came out. Busted tv's, lamps, etc...
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Wii General Discussion   Wii General Discussion Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2007 9:42 pm

I bet. You gotta be careful. I know it's got some sort of string for you to put around your wrist... if someone's dumb, they probably should be using it.
Back to top Go down
fuscia

fuscia

Number of posts : 2304
Where I am : INSane Diego

PostSubject: Re: Wii General Discussion   Wii General Discussion Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2007 6:02 pm

Monkey Ball has some cool games on it. There is a musical game too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sherryzod.etsy.com
Mr. F

Mr. F

PostSubject: Re: Wii General Discussion   Wii General Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 12:30 am

gaboman wrote:
I bet. You gotta be careful. I know it's got some sort of string for you to put around your wrist... if someone's dumb, they probably should be using it.

Last night I was trying to teach my mom how to bowl. You hold the ''B'' button to start your approach, swing the remote back like a bowling ball, then swing it forward, timing the release of the ''B'' button with the desired releasse of the ball. She says ''like this?'' , and proceeds to gently lob the remote at the tv. She got a strike. Without missing a beat I say ''kinda like that . You may want to use the strap though''
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Wii General Discussion   Wii General Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 1:11 am

Hehehe that's terrible.

So what games do you guys have now?
Back to top Go down
Mr. F

Mr. F

PostSubject: Re: Wii General Discussion   Wii General Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 2:21 pm

Wii sports
Super monkey friggin sumthin ball
Call of duty 3
Excite truck
Wii play

Damon LOVES evcite truck.

Last edited by on Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Wii General Discussion   Wii General Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 8:59 pm

Sounds good. I reckon the Wii Sports alone is enough to keep you going for months.
Back to top Go down
moon

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-09-02

PostSubject: Wii Fit   Wii General Discussion Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 11:04 am

scratch

Someone has a Wii Fit?
What do you think about make sports with it?
It is a good trainer?
Back to top Go down
Mr. F

Mr. F

PostSubject: Re: Wii General Discussion   Wii General Discussion Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 12:25 pm

Havent tried wii fit yet, but you can add Guitar Hero and Mario Cart to the list
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

Number of posts : 6497
Where I am : Off the deep end

PostSubject: Re: Wii General Discussion   Wii General Discussion Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 12:33 pm

My mom bought a Wii and loves it. I play it when I cruise up there. It's really addicting. I kick an ass at Mario Kart though.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
Mr. F

Mr. F

PostSubject: Re: Wii General Discussion   Wii General Discussion Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 12:36 pm

Damon is better than me on that one. Id like to see someone beat him at it for a change
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

Number of posts : 6497
Where I am : Off the deep end

PostSubject: Re: Wii General Discussion   Wii General Discussion Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 1:55 pm

One of these days we need a Wii battle for sure. On the Mario Kart I don't use the steering wheel though, only the old school style controller. Easier that way for me.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
Mr. F

Mr. F

PostSubject: Re: Wii General Discussion   Wii General Discussion Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 11:04 pm

We got Links Crossbow training for Christmas. I can actually beat Damon at it. It bugs him lots .......... heheheheheheh
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wii General Discussion   Wii General Discussion Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wii General Discussion
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next