Inrejects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Playstation 3 General Discussion

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
gaboman

gaboman

Number of posts : 9748
Where I am : 台北市
Registration date : 2007-01-23

Playstation 3 General Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Playstation 3 General Discussion   Playstation 3 General Discussion Icon_minitimeFri Jan 26, 2007 2:00 am

Anybody played it yet? Seen something online about it that caught your interest? Share your PS3 related experiences here.
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

Number of posts : 6497
Where I am : Off the deep end
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3 General Discussion   Playstation 3 General Discussion Icon_minitimeFri Jan 26, 2007 1:17 pm

I haven't played it. Everytime I am near a display one some jerk kid is playing it.

I did see a demo for Marvel Ultimate Alliance and it was f'n fantastic. I found myself trying to justify shelling out 6 hundy for the damn thing. Reason got the better of me.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3 General Discussion   Playstation 3 General Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2007 2:24 am

Stupid reason and its butting in.

I totally want a PS3, but I know my bro in law's getting one... so I'll live vicariously through him for a while, until the price is lowered.

I hate those freakin' demos... there's always some kid on it who just won't get off, and when he does, there's another kid there with his mother who says "why don't you just let my son have a go?" and you're too grown up to say "No! I want it. Now get your ugly fucking kid out of my face, bitch."

I mean, that's what I want to say, but there's kind of a line between maturity and immaturity, and I reckon that's on the wrong side of said line.
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3 General Discussion   Playstation 3 General Discussion Icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2007 1:36 pm

Dude I'll walk away for a second because the kid has been playing for 10 minutes and when I come back some other little douche is playing and doesn't stop. None of my pals have gotten the PS3. Just the XBox 360. It's pretty cool but I am a PS guy.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3 General Discussion   Playstation 3 General Discussion Icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2007 9:38 pm

My brother in law got the Xbox 360 too. He had to return it once because it broke due to overheating, but the fucker played it without a break, no joke, for about 3 months. I mean it was honestly on all that time, and in a not-so-well ventilated area, too.
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3 General Discussion   Playstation 3 General Discussion Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2007 11:58 am

You'd figure he would go cross-eyed or something staring at the thing for so long. I remember just out of high school we got faded and played Super Mario Kart on the N64 all night. Last marathon gaming session I can recall.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3 General Discussion   Playstation 3 General Discussion Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2007 9:05 pm

The last marathon gaming session I remember is back when Ghouls and Ghosts was out...
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3 General Discussion   Playstation 3 General Discussion Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2007 7:11 pm

Never heard of it.

Back in the Natty Ice herbage days we stayed up a long while playing Abe's Oddessy. Freakin' beat the game finally after making two beer runs (and having the game reset while we were gone one time) and the game hosed us. Basically you have to help out these characters, they're like the same weirdo creature you are. But some accidentally die or you just leave them. Anyway, we get to the end and they show this deal where all the other creature guys say you didn't save enough or whatever and they kill me. Then it starts you over. We went ape. Never played the game again.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
Whidden

Whidden

Number of posts : 7218
Where I am : THE DARK TOWER

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3 General Discussion   Playstation 3 General Discussion Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2007 8:07 pm

When I got the Playstation two at Walmart, these kids were playing a race car dune buggy game that was set in the desert. It was the Playstation 3 set up.

Looked real tight. Graphics were awesome.

I mentioned before, the one kid had bad gas, and kept dropping long bombs, I had to exit outta there fast. His friends must have really like him, cause the kid stank.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3 General Discussion   Playstation 3 General Discussion Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2007 2:23 am

HECK! wrote:
Never heard of it.
Classic NES, mate.

Never finished Abe's Oddessy. Actually, I did buy it... but I never really played it much past the second level or around there.

PS3's cool, but it doesn't blow me away. They always have the car game demo set up around in the stores here, and it looks okay, I guess... but I hate car games, so it doesn't impress me.

During the Chinese New Year holidays there was an xbox demo in the supermarket, and since no one was there I played it for a while. They had a heap of games I hadn't seen, and some were really cool. Makes me want to get it. But then my family and I will be eating toasted cheese sandwiches for the next few years.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3 General Discussion   Playstation 3 General Discussion Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 4:38 am

I finally got a PS3, and the bastards at Sony have gotten rid of Reverse compatibility (PSX is still okay). Pain in the ass, now I have to keep my PS2 (not really a problem, it's modded and I got some copied games anyway).

I can't wait to get my first blu ray movie and play it. Probably no point on a standard definition TV, but it's still all so exciting. I saw they're selling blu ray players at the Blockbusters near my place... they're about the same price of the PS3... why wouldn't someone just buy the PS3 if they were going to blow all that cash??
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3 General Discussion   Playstation 3 General Discussion Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 1:04 am

gaboman wrote:
Stupid reason and its butting in.
Took me about 10 minutes to figure out what I meant by that. I should have phrased it differently, because even I was confused by it.

These are some of the games I want:

Playstation 3 General Discussion BADCOMPANYPS3
This game is pretty bad ass. I got the demo, and I had a heap of fun for it. Most demos I don't bother playing until the end - this one I did. I played it twice to the end. It was just so much fun. It seems like your every day war shoot-em-up kind of deal, but it's really quite enjoyable and not overly complex. Great dialogue from the supporting cast as well, which is fun. Your tasks are set out clearly, and your weapons are easy enough to use. Also, it's a forgiving game... by which I mean, if you die, you rarely have to make up much ground. I like that. On the negative side, I find myself running out of ammo quickly.

Playstation 3 General Discussion 3379-gta4-playstation-3-boxart
Naturally. 10 out of 10 by most accounts (gamespot, at least, gave it 10/10), and it just seems like a kick ass game. I've never actually gotten through an entire Grand Theft Auto game, but I'm hoping I will this one. Plus it seems to have a pretty hefty multiplayer campaign. Also, I think HECK said he's got it... so that's reason enough.

Playstation 3 General Discussion Devil-may-cry-4.472385
I love the Devil May Cry games. Fast action is really my thing. I never like the way they make shit extremely difficult and still give you like D ratings (I don't think I've ever gotten an A... well, probably), but it's still heaps of fun to get through the stages. DMC4 seems the baddest of the lot, so I'm looking forward to it.

Playstation 3 General Discussion Ps3_metalgearsolid4_display
This one's a 10/10 as well. I've played one of the older Metal Gear Solid games and wasn't 100% sold on it, but this one does look pretty damn good. I'm sure once I get into it I'll love it. If not, it'll gather dust on my shelf. Either way, I wanna get it.

Playstation 3 General Discussion 61g3frpn81L._SL500_AA280_
I basically only want to get it because it's The Simpsons. It had some mad cartoon cut scenes which I love (there are some on the PSP version, which I have, and I saw one in the PS3 demo of the game which was hilarious). I've heard it's not the best game, but that won't stop me.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3 General Discussion   Playstation 3 General Discussion Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 1:01 am

I bought Battlefield: Bad Company today. It was on special in the Carrefour supermarket.
Back to top Go down
Schmiggens

Schmiggens

Number of posts : 1397
Where I am : 'Straylia
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3 General Discussion   Playstation 3 General Discussion Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 2:22 am

We bought a PS3 for my bro-in-law for Christmas.

1. You get NOTHING for free with Sony. In the box, you get the console and one controller, standard avi cords and THAT'S IT. We had to buy the HD cables, extra controller, charger cables, remote (well technically they threw that in for "free") and games. The console doesn't even come with a stand in the box.

2. We bought 4 games; GTA, Colin McRae Dirt 2, FIFA 2010 and Assassins Creed, and only ONE of the games had a 2 player mode. WTF? Colin McRae doesn't have a 2-player mode? OK, everything is about playing online now, but still .... is it just me, or is that kind of stupid?

So can anyone recommend any games that have good in-built (not online) multi-player gaming mode?
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3 General Discussion   Playstation 3 General Discussion Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 10:48 pm

I got Burnout: Paradise and I think it's pretty cheap now. That's got a 2 player mode (just checked, only online... local isn't 2 player), and it's quite fun (you run each other off the road in a lot of the events). Also it's got a big, open world environment, can get quite involved, and has some motorbikes as well as cards (obviously faster, but you can't run cars off the road with them).

It should say on the back whether the game has a 2 player mode on it, and whether it's online or what.

I guess it's mostly fighting games that have 2-player modes.

The PS3 isn't so bad though. XBOX 360 you need to pay monthly or yearly for access to their online whatsie. That's free on the PS3. You guys should have connected it to the internet, logged onto the playstation network, then downloaded some demos. Plenty of two-player demos.
Back to top Go down
Schmiggens

Schmiggens

Number of posts : 1397
Where I am : 'Straylia
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3 General Discussion   Playstation 3 General Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 12:05 am

The bro-in-law doesn't have proper internet at home, just a usb thingy for his laptop, so we couldn't get online with it. Sucks. We're trying to get him to get with the times and get proper internet, it's almost 2010, I mean, who doesn't have internet?!?!
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3 General Discussion   Playstation 3 General Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 12:38 am

hahahha yeah, that's insane.

If he wants to use the PS3 to its full potential, he'll want to get an internet connection. Actually, 1 game demo can be like 1 gig, so I imagine in Australia that could be pretty pricey.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3 General Discussion   Playstation 3 General Discussion Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 2:30 am

I bought Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen for a couple of bucks the other day. I normally wouldn't bother, but... you know, it's a couple of bucks.

I actually quite like it, it's a lot of fun. I just hope it doesn't get too difficult. But the environments are fairly open, it's easy enough to navigate. I dunno, something about turning into a car and driving around then being a robot and kicking ass... it's just very cool.

If I paid a fortune for it I probably would be disappointed, but I didn't... so I don't care.
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3 General Discussion   Playstation 3 General Discussion Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 1:34 am

How much did you pay? I looked at this a few times. Used for $20 sounds about right. It does look kinda sweet.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3 General Discussion   Playstation 3 General Discussion Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 8:46 am

It was probably less than $5 US brand new. I think they were just clearing out stock.
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3 General Discussion   Playstation 3 General Discussion Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 6:14 pm

Son of a B. I would have paid $5. SHIT.

BTW- should I mail your Batman game? Thought I would give it back to you this year but you had to go ahead and start a family. So selfish. Haha.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3 General Discussion   Playstation 3 General Discussion Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 4:22 am

Haha just hold on to it for the time being, I'll think about it. I honestly don't dust off my PS3 games that often so I don't know if I would have played in the past year anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3 General Discussion   Playstation 3 General Discussion Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Playstation 3 General Discussion
Page 1 of 1