Inrejects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sony Playstation Portable (PSP)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
gaboman

gaboman

Number of posts : 9748
Where I am : 台北市
Registration date : 2007-01-23

Sony Playstation Portable (PSP) Empty
PostSubject: Sony Playstation Portable (PSP)   Sony Playstation Portable (PSP) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2007 3:39 am

Okay, so I should be getting my PSP this afternoon, then this weekend my mate's going to do the software mod for it... not sure what that does, but this is very exciting stuff.

These are the games I wanna get (because I like them on PS2 or Xbox, so why not?)

Sony Playstation Portable (PSP) 52011 Sony Playstation Portable (PSP) Sony-psp-spiderman-2-original Sony Playstation Portable (PSP) Sony-psp-burnout-legends-original Sony Playstation Portable (PSP) Box-l Sony Playstation Portable (PSP) Sony-psp-grand-theft-auto-liberty-city-original
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Sony Playstation Portable (PSP)   Sony Playstation Portable (PSP) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2007 8:52 pm

I watched an episode of The Simpsons and an episode of Angel on the way to work this morning. This PSP dealy is the coolest.
Back to top Go down
Lawless

Lawless

Number of posts : 4788
Where I am : SUN Diego
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Sony Playstation Portable (PSP)   Sony Playstation Portable (PSP) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2007 10:03 pm

You watched a tv show on the psp? Is that sort of like watching one off of an iPod?
Back to top Go down
http://lawlessone23.livejournal.com/
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Sony Playstation Portable (PSP)   Sony Playstation Portable (PSP) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2007 10:57 pm

I don't know... I guess so. But the screen's a lot bigger on the PSP.

I just coverted them to psp video last night... took an avi of the shows and about 4 minutes later I got the psp version and copied it on. It looks GOOOOOOD too.

I'm gonna have a bigger memory card soon, so I'll probably end up sticking movies on there... I can increase my tv watching productivity by 5 if I watch shows on the bus and train too!!!
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Sony Playstation Portable (PSP)   Sony Playstation Portable (PSP) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2007 10:04 pm

Still haven't played a game on it.

But I watched an episode of Seinfeld on the way to work this morning, along with an episode of Heroes. So overall, it's worth it.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Sony Playstation Portable (PSP)   Sony Playstation Portable (PSP) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2007 9:09 pm

So I got up the guts to mod my PSP myself. It wasn't half as difficult as I thought it would be. Played Burnout Revenge and Sid Meyer's Pirates on the way to work this morning.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Sony Playstation Portable (PSP)   Sony Playstation Portable (PSP) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2007 9:59 pm

Got quite a few games now.

Lego Star Wars II
Burnout Legends
Untold Legends
Untold Legends 2
GTA: Vice City Stories
GTA: Liberty City Stories
Samurai Warriors
Sims 2
Bomberman
Tomb Raider Legends
Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Mercury
Miami Vice

...can't think of many others... but there were a bunch that were kind of crap. Like Capcom Classics.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Sony Playstation Portable (PSP)   Sony Playstation Portable (PSP) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2007 3:57 am

I got the Mortal Kombat Unchained game too. It's pretty sweet. Almost like the latest Mortal Kombat game, except it has a Chess mode and a Puzzle mode, both of which are kind of fun in their own way. They take forever to win, though.
Back to top Go down
Lawless

Lawless

Number of posts : 4788
Where I am : SUN Diego
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Sony Playstation Portable (PSP)   Sony Playstation Portable (PSP) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2007 10:44 am

Grant, how easy is it to play games on this psp by Sony?
Back to top Go down
http://lawlessone23.livejournal.com/
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Sony Playstation Portable (PSP)   Sony Playstation Portable (PSP) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2007 12:19 am

Pretty easy. If you're outside and sun is shining, the screen can be hard to see unless you've got some sort of anti-glare dealy... otherwise it's clear. Got a pretty big screen, and the controls are simple enough.

I got the Lego Star Wars II game on PSP and it looks exactly the same as the Xbox and PS2 versions.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Sony Playstation Portable (PSP)   Sony Playstation Portable (PSP) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2007 4:42 am

I've been trying to convert movies I have on DVD into PSP MP4, but am having problems. The program I've got does a pretty nice job of the video, but the audio comes about 2 seconds too late, and that bothers me...

I can use DVD shrink, but if the movie is 2 hours long, I need to use 2 separate files to make the one video... unless it's a TV show, then each episode can usually go fine in one file... I guess I'll just have to live with splitting a movie into 2 files for now, not sure what else I can do.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Sony Playstation Portable (PSP)   Sony Playstation Portable (PSP) Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 2:55 am

Alright, so I recently updated my firmware to 3.52 M33. It was a bit more tricky than the last few times I did it because I used to use OE, but now have changed to M33. It's a bit different, but I got it done.

So I got a few more games.

The Simpsons Game
The game looks great, and the cut scenes are very very funny. It's obviously done by the normal Simpsons animators too, which is nice. Game play? Sucky! It's one of those games where you'll be jumping from ledge to ledge, and you'll fall and then have to start all over again. Pain in the ass, if you ask me.

Spider-Man 3
Niiiiice. It's game play style is almost the same as that of Spider-Man 2 on the PS2 (not a bad thing, that game is dope!), except you have the black suit to help you out... the black suit is cool, but it's annoying to take off. Game play so far has been great fun.

Men of Honor: Heroes 2
Great fun! There's nothing I like more than killing Nazis. It's easy to control, and the missions aren't too difficult overall (granted, I've only just started playing). Graphics are pretty cool.

Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfare
I haven't passed the training level of this game, which pisses me off. Basically you're told to follow orders, and I want to do my own thing. Graphics are cool, the game's easy to control... I'm just hoping the gameplay itself isn't too difficult.

Call of Duty: Roads to Victory
Lots of fun. Similar to the above two games in graphics and gameplay style. Well, let's face it... pretty much identical. But it's fun.

Crazy Taxi: Fare Wars
Basically Crazy Taxi 1 and 2 on a PSP. Gameplay seems to have improved a bit since I first played Crazy Taxi though, so who knows? This game is iritating and addictive at the same time, if you catch my drift.

Sega Mega Drive Collection
A lot of stuff, including the first two Sonics, Battleaxe, and all those old games in their original, crumminess. Sonic's fun, nothing else really got me going.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Sony Playstation Portable (PSP)   Sony Playstation Portable (PSP) Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 9:44 pm

Beowulf
A fun action game; after playing the PS3 version I find the graphics somewhat lacking, but they're brilliant for a hand-held, right? Right. It's a tad difficult to avoid being attacked sometimes, though I don't find myself dying often so that's okay.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sony Playstation Portable (PSP)   Sony Playstation Portable (PSP) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sony Playstation Portable (PSP)
Page 1 of 1