Inrejects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Playstation Home

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
gaboman

gaboman

Number of posts : 9748
Where I am : 台北市
Registration date : 2007-01-23

Playstation Home Empty
PostSubject: Playstation Home   Playstation Home Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 9:39 am

This is a cool new feature that the PS3 has. Basically it's a social network where you create your own character, you're given an apartment (overlooking the ocean) and you can go out into the courtyard, go to a rave, go shopping (you can buy furniture and clothes and stuff for your character, using real money (You won't see me doing it).

There's a movie theatre (It has movie previews and music videos), a bowling alley where you can go bowling (I didn't - all the alleys were taken. They really need to do something about that), play video games or pool.

It's actually quite excellent. I'm sure it's better if I had heaps of PS3 friends (so far it's just HECK! and my brother in law). But it's cool for what it is. I like the thought and effort put into it, though I wish there was a way to earn better housing (You can buy a new house for like 5 bucks) and clothes and stuff. And you can't add a beard to your avatar, which messes me up since I've got a huge ass beard.
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

Number of posts : 6497
Where I am : Off the deep end
Registration date : 2007-01-24

Playstation Home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation Home   Playstation Home Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 9:33 am

How do you do this? Where do you sign up for it?

By the way, we need a thread where we let the peeps know of our GTA battles. They are glorious.

And maybe this will get Whizzle, Dek, or MF to get a PS3 and join in a very awesome, albeit useless to some, kick-ass time.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

Playstation Home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation Home   Playstation Home Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 10:36 pm

Ah, if Mr F got a PS3 Damon would always be buggin' him to play GTA 4, and I wouldn't recommend that for any kid.

Whizzle and Dek should already be there though.

The Playstation Home feature is right above the Playstation Store now. If you select it, it'll ask you to install it, but it's like 20 megs. Then once you install that, if you want to leave your pad you need to download the courtyard which is another 20 megs or some shit. Then the shopping center's another bit...

You also have to set aside 3 gigs for it, so if you don't wanna do it...

But it's kind of mad. If I knew heaps of people on the PS network it would be madder.
Back to top Go down
Dekka00

Dekka00

Number of posts : 1251
Where I am : Commonwealth of Virginia
Registration date : 2007-01-27

Playstation Home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation Home   Playstation Home Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 1:36 am

I just started playing GTA 3 (ie. the first one on PS2).

I'm really behind on video games.

I'll get PS3 after PS4 comes out.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

Playstation Home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation Home   Playstation Home Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 1:42 am

I got bored of GTA3 heaps quick. Get a PS3 and blow shit up with HECK! and I on GTA4.

I can't imagine Whidden getting a PS3 soon. I believe he just got the PS2 last year, and kept losing in Mortal Kombat to Sandy.
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

Playstation Home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation Home   Playstation Home Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 8:08 pm

Shit, GTA3 is old school.

I have San Andreas. Never finished it. Probably like $20 now. Same with Vice City.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

Playstation Home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation Home   Playstation Home Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 7:52 pm

This is kind of cool, but nothing to do. The movie theater is always closed. The bowling is alright. The mall is weak. Not a lot going on.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Playstation Home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation Home   Playstation Home Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Playstation Home
Page 1 of 1