Inrejects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Favorite Avenger

Go down 
5 posters

Who is your favorite Avenger?
Captain America
Favorite Avenger Vote_lcap120%Favorite Avenger Vote_rcap
 20% [ 1 ]
Hulk
Favorite Avenger Vote_lcap10%Favorite Avenger Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Thor
 20% [ 1 ]
Iron Man
Favorite Avenger Vote_lcap140%Favorite Avenger Vote_rcap
 40% [ 2 ]
Hawkeye
 0% [ 0 ]
Black Widow
 0% [ 0 ]
Ant-Man
 0% [ 0 ]
The Wasp
 0% [ 0 ]
Scarlet Witch
 20% [ 1 ]
Quick Silver
 0% [ 0 ]
Black Panther
 0% [ 0 ]
Ms. Marvel
 0% [ 0 ]
I could kick all of their asses
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

AuthorMessage
gaboman

gaboman

Number of posts : 9748
Where I am : 台北市
Registration date : 2007-01-23

Favorite Avenger Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Avenger   Favorite Avenger Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 11:20 pm

I could have gone really overboard with the options, but I held myself back.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

Favorite Avenger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Avenger   Favorite Avenger Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 11:22 pm

Simon Pegg is apparently trying to get an Ant-Man movie off the ground, but that's been going for a long time... who knows what's going to happen there.
Back to top Go down
Whidden

Whidden

Number of posts : 7218
Where I am : THE DARK TOWER
Registration date : 2007-01-24

Favorite Avenger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Avenger   Favorite Avenger Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 4:20 pm

Difficult choice, but I went with my gut, which was Iron Man. Like him best as child.

Thor is too elitist.

Hulk is too stupid.

Captain A (apologies the Heck) really just has the shield and fights Nazi's . It's like, WTF, get some more armor and get some real bad guys you dope.

Rest of them I don't know too well, but they are on the Marvel poster I have in my computer room.

Favorite Avenger Mh

Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

Favorite Avenger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Avenger   Favorite Avenger Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 10:05 am

Captain America isn't big in Australia. People have heard of him of course, but was never a comic book kids actually read out there. So they limit their market a bit just with the name. Although the movie did well, and I really liked it. I hope the Red Skull comes back.

Good choice on Iron Man. He's pretty kick ass, I agree. The whole idea of this genius millionaire weapon designer just giving himself the ultimate weapon, it's pretty cool. The movies have been enjoyable so far.
Back to top Go down
Whidden

Whidden

Favorite Avenger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Avenger   Favorite Avenger Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 7:26 pm

Iron Man is something we could all be. We put on a suit and BOOM, WE ROCK.

Only close thing is Batman, but his suit gives him no powers, it just stops bullets. He has Bat winches and bat gas and bat crap he throws, but Joe Sixpack in the bat suit is still just like that poor fat dude that tried it in the second Batman movie. Joker killed his sorry butt on t.v. if I recall.

However, any of us thrown on the Iron Man suit, and like War Machine, we can hang whoop some serious butt.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

Favorite Avenger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Avenger   Favorite Avenger Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 10:44 pm

Yeah, plus you can make things go boom! Awesome.

I actually love Batman. The darker stories are the best. Basically Burton and Nolan movies are the best, but also the Frank Miller comics. Good stuff.

Something about Adam West's Batman just doesn't have the same impact. Though it's good for some chuckles.
Back to top Go down
Whidden

Whidden

Favorite Avenger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Avenger   Favorite Avenger Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 7:29 pm

I would love a good decent Superman movie. Reboot the whole darn thing, get rid of the newspaper crap, make him the most awesome crime fighting badass of all time.

Show him roll up on mobsters and throw them into the sun.

Show him take some lawyers and jail them in the fortress of solitude.

Show him go out with Lana Lane, then dump her for Lois.

Give him a cool suit and have him crack the moon in half just for kicks.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

Favorite Avenger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Avenger   Favorite Avenger Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 11:32 pm

So no emo, creepily stalking Lois Superman for you?

I actually thought Brandon Routh was a brilliant Superman, but Superman Returns was just so poorly written there was no saving it. It's okay to watch, if you don't think about it too much.

Man of Steel may be good. I'm afraid they're going to go the Dark Knight route though, and make it 'darker' - that's not really Superman.

They need more of his more interesting enemies in the movies too. Just to clarify: Lex Luther is boring as shit. He can be interesting, sure, but in the movies all he does is steal land.
Back to top Go down
Whidden

Whidden

Favorite Avenger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Avenger   Favorite Avenger Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 5:27 pm

I would make a new villain, just do one from my own head. Forget all the comics and crap. I would think of someone it would be cool for him to fight.

Marvel has a larger universe of villains to choose from. DC needs to start thinking inside the box. INSIDE THE BOX I said.

Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

Favorite Avenger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Avenger   Favorite Avenger Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 1:50 am

I get what you're saying, yeah. Marvel's new age of comics, while they borrowed from DC in some aspects, they got how to create a proper mythology behind characters and how to great - let's face it - AWESOME villains. I honestly can't think of any decent DC villains, outside of Batman. And even then, Batman villains are still being created Onomatopoeia and Harley Quinn are very recent Batman villains (considering the book's 70 years old or whatever).

Superman though, his villains... have the potential to be good, but they tend to suck. I mean it is hard to make a real obstacle for him when his only weakness is a green rock. That kind of gets old...
Back to top Go down
Whidden

Whidden

Favorite Avenger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Avenger   Favorite Avenger Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 8:36 pm

They need to think of beings that are weak, but have mastery of the universe and can make dimensional doors, spells, transports, etc.

Really, just a science oriented Warlock. Screw the green rocks. Let Superman be Superman with no equal, but they throw his butt 10 light years away and he has to figure out what the fire just happened?
Back to top Go down
Pippin

Pippin

Number of posts : 884
Where I am : Washington

Favorite Avenger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Avenger   Favorite Avenger Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 11:31 am

I picked The Scarlet Witch. I never read the Avengers comics, and I still haven't seen the movie because I mean to watch the movies leading up to it first. Only made it so far as the first Iron Man.

But in one of my favorite comic books, House of M, which is just pure gold, Scarlet Witch is a prominent character with some really sweet reality-altering powers to go with mental instability. I thought that made for some gripping entertainment. The comic starts after she went crazy and used her powers on her fellow Avengers, killing some of them.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

Favorite Avenger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Avenger   Favorite Avenger Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 10:15 am

You don't need to watch the earlier movies to understand the Avengers movie. As long as you know who everybody is (n**** please), then you'll be right. There's a thing or two in the earlier movies that kind of connect to the movie, but there's nothing that isn't explained.

It was pretty amazing.

I mean amazing, but get ready for a kind of slow beginning and a lull around the middle. Otherwise: amazing!

I haven't read House of M Sad They should make a movie on it so fans can complain and I can say it's awesome.
Back to top Go down
White Tiger

White Tiger

Number of posts : 586
Where I am : Portsmouth, Hampshire
Registration date : 2007-11-20

Favorite Avenger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Avenger   Favorite Avenger Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 4:45 am

I think I voted for Thor. Thor is the most powerful hero in the Marvel Universe - arguably the most powerful being when he had the Odinforce.

Captain America's never been my thing, I've gone off Ironman, I never liked the Hulk, Hawkeye, Black Widow, Ant Man Wasp, Black Panther and Ms Marvel I've never really cared for, and Quick Silver I only really know from X-Men.

That said, I've never really cared for the Avengers as a whole. I've always been more of an X-men fan.
Back to top Go down
Pippin

Pippin

Favorite Avenger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Avenger   Favorite Avenger Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 2:57 pm

When I do get around to watching The Avengers I expect to love it. I have yet to find a Joss Whedon movie/show/comic that I haven't enjoyed. Even the Buffy movie with Luke Perry, and season seven of Buffy had their merits. Though season four of Angel... Man, that was bad. Even worse because it was blocked in on either side by the awesomeness of seasons three and five.

Most of the Avengers characters that I know, I only know because of their interactions with the X-Men. I'm with White Tiger, I'm a big X-Men fan when it comes to the Marvel universe.
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

Number of posts : 6497
Where I am : Off the deep end

Favorite Avenger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Avenger   Favorite Avenger Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 4:48 pm

Have to go with Cap. He's the boss. Has been for years.

Growing up I really liked Hank Pym, aka Ant-Man, Giant-Man, Goliath, and Yellowjacket. Dude was booted from the Avengers for getting sauced and slapping around The Wasp. Dick.

Iron Man was cool but seemed Superman-ish in the sense he could do everything. Almost.

The Avengers I don't like are the dudes who come from other teams, like the FF or X-Men.

Living Lightning and Machine Man might be the worst.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
Whidden

Whidden

Favorite Avenger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Avenger   Favorite Avenger Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2018 8:09 pm

Most feeble character from the movies is VISION. He is created by Hulk and Ironman. He then joins sides in a civil war between the avengers while talking trash about how he is so smart and the human race can never survive.

then he hooks up with scarlet witch, is injured the whole movie. Everyone fights for him and loses.

What did VISION ever do? He showed up, talked a lot of crap, shot Iron Patriot by mistake and took out his legs. He tired to shoot some dudes with his mind laser.

VISION might be good in the comics I never read, but in the movies, he's a full out fall guy.

I now respect the Cap. And Hulk. If I had to be anyone in this Marvel universe, I would be the Hulk. Smart as hell when you are Bruce, tough as nails when you are Hulk.

I recant my ironman vote. But by just a little bit.....not much. I'd be the Hulk in real life.
Back to top Go down
Pippin

Pippin

Favorite Avenger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Avenger   Favorite Avenger Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2018 1:44 pm

Out of the Avengers in the movies, I like the Captain and Hulk, but I think that Hawkeye and Black Widow are cool too. Those last two don't have any powers but can still hang.
Back to top Go down
Whidden

Whidden

Favorite Avenger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Avenger   Favorite Avenger Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 8:47 pm

I'm off ironman now. done with black widow. hawk-eye is weak. somehow, thor is the badass now. do not understand how that happened. Thor is the main power good guy.

I'm with thor and the hulk.

I'm tired of the captain. scarlet witch has grown on me.

I hope drax kills thanos. drax was turned to dust. he dead SON.

don't matter, drax will take his butt out, we hope!!!!!!

Back to top Go down
Pippin

Pippin

Favorite Avenger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Avenger   Favorite Avenger Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2019 6:16 pm

I watched the Thor Ragnarok movie and thought it was really good. It was funnier than the other Avenger-characters movies. Ant Man was funny too.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

Favorite Avenger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Avenger   Favorite Avenger Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2019 8:14 pm

Love Thor Ragnarok. A lot of people give it shit for not being a Thor-Thor movie, but if a Thor-Thor movie is "The Dark World" then I'm fine with that.

The Guardians of the Galaxy movies are hilarious too.

Drax isn't dead, he's just moving real slow so he can't be seen by the naked eye.
Back to top Go down
Whidden

Whidden

Favorite Avenger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Avenger   Favorite Avenger Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2019 8:47 pm

this movie was awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

love it so much.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Favorite Avenger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Avenger   Favorite Avenger Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite Avenger
Page 1 of 1