Inrejects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Cheesiest Video Game Commercials Ever

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
gaboman

gaboman

Number of posts : 9748
Where I am : 台北市
Registration date : 2007-01-23

Cheesiest Video Game Commercials Ever Empty
PostSubject: Cheesiest Video Game Commercials Ever   Cheesiest Video Game Commercials Ever Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 11:39 pm

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/?rn=1475790&cl=2970706

I didn't know most of these commercials, but I'd seen the Power Glove one before, and they really bring me back to 80's commercial cheese. They're in a pretty correct order, in terms of lameness, but I can't help but think the Intellivision Guy one should've been closer to number 1.

What's with the "your parents help you hook it up" line? I'm not sure what point they're trying to make...
Back to top Go down
Whidden

Whidden

Number of posts : 7218
Where I am : THE DARK TOWER
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Cheesiest Video Game Commercials Ever   Cheesiest Video Game Commercials Ever Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2007 7:41 pm

I remember a lot of those. I had forgotten about the E.T. one with Intellivison. CRAZY!!!

Man, those graphics sucked.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Cheesiest Video Game Commercials Ever   Cheesiest Video Game Commercials Ever Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2007 7:42 pm

Hehehe but do you remember how kids used to say how awesome the graphics were? I mean, today you've got life-like pictures on screen, and people still complain about the graphics in games.
Back to top Go down
Whidden

Whidden

PostSubject: Re: Cheesiest Video Game Commercials Ever   Cheesiest Video Game Commercials Ever Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2007 7:45 pm

What I recall is we were too poor for Atari. It was around 400 bucks. And everyone wanted one.

We had one super rich friend at church, whose dad was a banker, and we went to his house, and he had Intellivision, and it was the most smokin graphics in the whole damn world. (for then)

Internet Ads have more graphics than those games did. It's sad really. But we was all over it.

Makes you wonder what they will say about our games now in 30 years.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Cheesiest Video Game Commercials Ever   Cheesiest Video Game Commercials Ever Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2007 8:21 pm

I've always wondered that too. I never thought they'd be able to top the Playstation, but here we are 10 or so years later and WHAM! Playstation 3 graphics are hot as hell.

Though I'll be eating those words in 10 years time.

I never had an Atari. I got a commodore 64 when they were already out of style, and a Sega Master System when it was already two years old (or there abouts). My first PC was a 286 Very Happy I had some racing game for it, and the nibbles/snake DOS game.

EDIT: Oh! I got Police Quest and Monkey Island after a while, too. Those games were rad!
Back to top Go down
Whidden

Whidden

PostSubject: Re: Cheesiest Video Game Commercials Ever   Cheesiest Video Game Commercials Ever Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2007 3:44 am

We got an Atari years after it was cool. I think Nintindo was already out. By the time we got it, it was down to under 50 bucks at the store, and we got it for almost nothing at a garage sale. I think, I don't remember real clear where we got it or how.

I played Tank some. By that time, I was too old to enjoy it, I wanted to play Super Mario Brothers.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Cheesiest Video Game Commercials Ever   Cheesiest Video Game Commercials Ever Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2007 4:29 am

Super Mario was where it was at.

But instead I was stuck playing Alex the Kidd. And where is Alex the Kidd now? Dead! That's where!
Back to top Go down
Whidden

Whidden

PostSubject: Re: Cheesiest Video Game Commercials Ever   Cheesiest Video Game Commercials Ever Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2007 5:17 am

I never heard of it. What did old Alex do? Eat dots? Shoot lasers? Jump over ****?
Back to top Go down
Whidden

Whidden

PostSubject: Re: Cheesiest Video Game Commercials Ever   Cheesiest Video Game Commercials Ever Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2007 5:19 am

I looked it up. You can download a version of it from here:

http://alexkidd.wordpress.com/

I didn't download it yet, so I don't know if it works.
Back to top Go down
Whidden

Whidden

PostSubject: Re: Cheesiest Video Game Commercials Ever   Cheesiest Video Game Commercials Ever Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2007 5:26 am

woah. I downloaded and played about a mintue of it. The graphics were sub par my friend.

I jumped over some stuff, was able to punch, but never seen no enimies. I had to use A and Z and the arrow keys to make the game work, none of the other keyboard keys worked when trying to start the game. I almost gave up.

Man, that was some cheese....Very Happy
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Cheesiest Video Game Commercials Ever   Cheesiest Video Game Commercials Ever Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2007 7:22 pm

The Sega Mega Drive 2 had Alex The Kidd in Miracle World built in. I clocked it so many times, even though I sucked at it. Though there was this one part, if you didn't have the staff that allowed you to fly, you were pretty screwed.

Also, there was a few scenes, that if you died, you would regenerate in an area where you couldn't punch your way out of, and you'd have to restart. Not to mention Alex the Kidd's fist was 3 times the size of his head.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cheesiest Video Game Commercials Ever   Cheesiest Video Game Commercials Ever Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cheesiest Video Game Commercials Ever
Page 1 of 1