Inrejects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fight Night Champion XBox360

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
White Tiger

White Tiger

Number of posts : 586
Where I am : Portsmouth, Hampshire
Registration date : 2007-11-20

Fight Night Champion XBox360 Empty
PostSubject: Fight Night Champion XBox360   Fight Night Champion XBox360 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 6:47 am

I bought Fight Night Champion because I was getting into boxing a while ago and the graphics looked great. I wish I hadn't bought it now.

The gameplay is terrible. You punch using the right analog stick but they've made it so that the combos end up overlapping and you foul your opponent with a low blow or a headbut and there's nothing you can do to stop it. You be can ahead on all the cards, you could have knocked your opponent to the floor several times but you can still lose by getting disqualified through fouls you never wanted to use in the first bloody place!

Then there's the totally unrealistic aspect of the game. An example. I wanted to play the game again today but I hadn't played it in months so I thought I'd have an exhibition match and to make it easy on myself I would play using an all time great heavyweight in Lennox Lewis and take on a well known jobber in Butterbean. Then I find out that not only have the makers of the game not given Lennox half the power he had in real life but they've turned Butterbean into the unstoppable Juggernaught. There is no way on heaven or earth, no potential reality that could ever exist that would allow Butterbean to last three round with Lennox Lewis let alone last 8 round without a single knockdown and start getting on top, no matter how bad the gamer controlling Lewis is at the game.

All in all its got great graphics but's not a good game and if you want to play a boxing game I would suggest avoiding this one like the plague. That being said, however, I have yet to discover any boxing game that I have enjoyed, they've all failed to live up to my expectations in some respect.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

Number of posts : 9748
Where I am : 台北市
Registration date : 2007-01-23

Fight Night Champion XBox360 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fight Night Champion XBox360   Fight Night Champion XBox360 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 2:18 am

I've never been able to play boxing games. I always find them somewhat awkward. I can't remember the name of the one I got on the Playstation years ago, but it involved you using the directional controls and swinging punches. I don't think I ever managed to land a punch.

Graphics be damned - you've got to be able to enjoy a game.
Back to top Go down

Fight Night Champion XBox360
Page 1 of 1