Inrejects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mum killed baby for interrupting Farmville

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
gaboman

gaboman

Number of posts : 9748
Where I am : 台北市
Registration date : 2007-01-23

Mum killed baby for interrupting Farmville Empty
PostSubject: Mum killed baby for interrupting Farmville   Mum killed baby for interrupting Farmville Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 10:27 pm

A FLORIDA mother charged with shaking her baby to death after he interrupted her Farmville game has pleaded guilty to second-degree murder.

Alexandra V. Tobias, 22, could face life in prison, the Florida Times-Union reported, after the January death of three-month-old Dylan Lee Edmondson.

Angered that the baby was crying while she played FarmVille, a game that uses Facebook as its platform, she allegedly started shaking the baby.

Tobias told investigators she then laid Dylan on the living room couch and smoked a cigarette to compose herself.

The family dog apparently knocked the baby off the couch, causing him to cry some more and Tobias shook Dylan again until he stopped breathing.

She told investigators the boy’s head "could have" hit the computer while she abused him, according to police reports.

Prosecutor Richard Mantei told the Times-Union that Tobias’ plea will help the family avoid reliving the tragedy during a jury trial.

Florida state guidelines call for 25 to 50 years in prison for a second-degree murder charge, but Tobias could face a life sentence, the paper said.
Back to top Go down
Schmiggens MKII

Schmiggens MKII

Number of posts : 438
Where I am : @ Work
Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Mum killed baby for interrupting Farmville   Mum killed baby for interrupting Farmville Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 12:55 am

I think the Farmville angle here is irrelevant. Most people who lose it with babies like this, would've lost it anyway. If the baby had interrupted her reading US Weekly, or playing Wii Mario, or doing a crossword puzzle, I think the outcome would be the same. I don't think that Farmville is the culprit, why is this news? Mothers lose it all the time with their babies. Because she was playing Farmville, a game on the evil social platform known as "Facebook", this one is news?

Do the courts give any kind of leniency over there for post-natal depression?
Back to top Go down
lodgebo

lodgebo

Number of posts : 524
Where I am : Edinburgh where drink is cheap and women are cheaper
Registration date : 2007-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Mum killed baby for interrupting Farmville   Mum killed baby for interrupting Farmville Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 5:24 am

I don't think the farmville angle matters that much but what I don't get is how the dog knocked a baby off the couch maybe it's to early in the morning over here for me to figure it out, I think she did more than just shake this baby I think she banged his head of something and that is why she is blaming the dog or accidentally banging his head of the computer.
Back to top Go down
Nymphadora

Nymphadora

Number of posts : 4023
Where I am : North Carolina

PostSubject: Re: Mum killed baby for interrupting Farmville   Mum killed baby for interrupting Farmville Icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 12:02 am

They are all the time trying to link something with something irrelevant in the news. Makes for a better headline. It would still be in the news though. This doesn't sound like a case of post-natal depression though. Just a young dumb idiot with no patients having kids when they shouldnt.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

Number of posts : 9748
Where I am : 台北市

PostSubject: Re: Mum killed baby for interrupting Farmville   Mum killed baby for interrupting Farmville Icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 1:03 am

It's not farmville in particular, but it does kind of highlight the priorities of young folk today. I guess negligent parents isn't exactly a new phenomenon, but it's just one more thing to distract dumbasses who haven't got their shit in check.

It's not the game's fault, of course, but I know way too many people who are just facebooking and farmvilling almost 24/7 and some of them have newborns (one woman I'm thinking of is a single mother of 5 kids, damn it). It's disgusting, and I just hope that people seeing news about a woman who'd rather play farmville than take care of her child will make one or two people who have messed up priorities to close the damn computer and change their baby's diaper.
Back to top Go down
Nymphadora

Nymphadora

Number of posts : 4023
Where I am : North Carolina

PostSubject: Re: Mum killed baby for interrupting Farmville   Mum killed baby for interrupting Farmville Icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 1:37 am

I couldn't agree with you more. Exactly what I was thinking.
Back to top Go down
Dekka00

Dekka00

Number of posts : 1251
Where I am : Commonwealth of Virginia
Registration date : 2007-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Mum killed baby for interrupting Farmville   Mum killed baby for interrupting Farmville Icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 6:32 am

facebook is the root of all evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mum killed baby for interrupting Farmville   Mum killed baby for interrupting Farmville Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1