Inrejects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Who would win, Wolverine or Ironman

Go down 
5 posters

Fight to the death, who would win?
Wolverine
Who would win, Wolverine or Ironman Vote_lcap160%Who would win, Wolverine or Ironman Vote_rcap
 60% [ 3 ]
Ironman
Who would win, Wolverine or Ironman Vote_lcap140%Who would win, Wolverine or Ironman Vote_rcap
 40% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 5

AuthorMessage
Whidden

Whidden

Number of posts : 7218
Where I am : THE DARK TOWER
Registration date : 2007-01-24

Who would win, Wolverine or Ironman Empty
PostSubject: Who would win, Wolverine or Ironman   Who would win, Wolverine or Ironman Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 3:19 pm

Assuming Stark is not at home without the suit, but that he is suited up, and he meets Wolverine for a fight to the death,

who would win?

Who would win, Wolverine or Ironman Ironman-4

Who would win, Wolverine or Ironman Wolverine-1
Back to top Go down
Whidden

Whidden

PostSubject: Re: Who would win, Wolverine or Ironman   Who would win, Wolverine or Ironman Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 3:24 pm

Whidden says:

Ironman would win easily. Not even a contest. While it's true that Wolverine can heal almost instantly, he is no match for Ironman.

1. Ironman's armor would hold up to Wolverines blades. Worst Wolverine could do is aim for the chest piece or the eyes, which he might. That would be his only chance, but I don't think he could pull it off.

2. Ironman can fly, and would pick up Wolverine and carry him wherever he wanted and drop him...in a volcano, in an industrial meat grinder, on top of a nuke, some place that even Wolverine could not heal from.

3. Ironman could hit Wolverine from far off with his missiles and bullets, then just walk up and pound his head while he was healing from the woulds.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

Number of posts : 9748
Where I am : 台北市
Registration date : 2007-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Who would win, Wolverine or Ironman   Who would win, Wolverine or Ironman Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 9:31 pm

But could Wolverine's blades penetrate the Ironman suit? If they can, he stands an excellent chance. If they can't, he's pretty much helpless in this fight.
Back to top Go down
Whidden

Whidden

PostSubject: Re: Who would win, Wolverine or Ironman   Who would win, Wolverine or Ironman Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 12:59 am

I dont' think they can. He just stabs people and stuff. Maybe some sheet rock.

Never seen him put his blades into a tank, which Ironmans' armor is stronger than.

That tough metal he has is strong, but I don't see anyway it could take out Stark's metal alloy.

With the exception of the glass powerpack on front and the eyes...
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Who would win, Wolverine or Ironman   Who would win, Wolverine or Ironman Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 2:36 am

Hm, see, now I'm wondering if The Hulk would really beat Ironman. If Ironman can kick a tank's ass, he may be able to kick The Hulk's.
Back to top Go down
White Tiger

White Tiger

Number of posts : 586
Where I am : Portsmouth, Hampshire
Registration date : 2007-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Who would win, Wolverine or Ironman   Who would win, Wolverine or Ironman Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 9:53 am

Wolverine's claws are made of Adamantium which is the strongest metal in the Marvel Universe and can cut through just about anything, Wolverine had ripped Sentinels apart and they are at least as well armoured as tanks. Why wouldn't his claws rip through Ironman's Armour if he can do that to Sentinels?
Back to top Go down
Whidden

Whidden

PostSubject: Re: Who would win, Wolverine or Ironman   Who would win, Wolverine or Ironman Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 6:32 pm

Hmmm, not sure. It's a big question. The suit has changed over the years, and from what I found on Wiki, Ironman has a force field as well.

I would think that his armor is stronger than a sentinals, just my thoughts though, no proof. But with the force field, I can't see Wolverine taking it out.

Though Stark's wide array of armors have many different abilities, they are alike in that they are made of incredibly strong materials bolstered by a force field. Every suit has a self-contained environment, assorted onboard weapons systems, enhanced strength, flight, and various communications arrays and sensors (such as radar and radio). Furthermore, they typically have multiple power sources including a secondary solar energy collection function in the event that conventional recharging methods are unavailable. Older versions of the armor could also fold virtually flat, allowing Stark to store them in his bullet-proof briefcase.

The defining ability of Stark's armor are the repulsors situated in the gloves. They originated as a hand attachment, but have since become standard armament. They have been referred to as being magnetic,[1] a blast of charged particles,[2] and as a force beam.[3] In the 2008 movie, the repulsors are a form of propulsion and (as hand units) steering jet, though they can be used offensively. A later variation on this is the Pulse Bolts, bolts of concussive energy that actually gain energy the further they have to travel, up to a limit of roughly three football fields (about 329 meters).

Another defining trait is the chest-mounted "uni-beam", also known as the variobeam, and tri-beam (in the 2008 film, Tony commands J.A.R.V.I.S. to divert power to his "chest RT", or chest repulsor transmitter). Originally a spotlight and "proton beam," it has grown to accommodate a number of other weapons, primarily light and force-based.
[edit] Construction

Contrary to its appearance, most of Stark's armors are not rigid metal suits, like a medieval knight's. His standard armor suit consists of approximately two million grain-of-sand-sized discrete units, which are shaped to have as large a surface as possible to optimize their effectiveness. The basis of the suit's structural integrity is the powerful force field which permeates the armor's "cells," as well as the whole configuration when active. Each of the "cells" is a tiny unit in its own right, contributing energy and computing power to the entire armor; this is also why the suit can remain functional even after having sustained considerable damage. The basic principle of the suit is holistic; each part contains the whole, as it were. When inactive, the entire suit can collapse on the microscopic level, the cells "folding" in on themselves to take up a smaller volume, like a three-dimensional accordion pleat.
Back to top Go down
White Tiger

White Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Who would win, Wolverine or Ironman   Who would win, Wolverine or Ironman Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 10:31 pm

There's no denying that the Ironman Armour is an incredible bit of kit for the Marvel world but I would like to draw you attention to this extract from the Wolverine page on Wikipedia:

Wolverine's entire skeleton, including his claws, is molecularly infused with adamantium. Due to their coating, his claws can cut almost any known solid material. The only known exceptions are adamantium itself, and Captain America's Shield, which is the only substance in the Marvel Universe known to be even more durable than adamantium.Wolverine's ability to slice completely through a substance depends upon both the amount of force he can exert and the thickness of the substance. The adamantium also weights his blows, increasing the effectiveness of his offensive capabilities

It is worth noting that Captain America's shield can only be destroyed by Cosmic Power of a force capable of reshaping matter on a massive scale, such as that weilded by the Byonder and Molecule Man (whose ability it to manipulate all forms of matter at a sub-atomic level).

Also worth noting is that Charles Xavier believes the only way to stop Wolverine completely (meaning death) it to behead him from long distance and move his severed head a long way away from the body to prevent it reattaching. Of course that's an extreme but t does show the difficulty of defeating Wolverine once and for all....unless your Magneto.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Who would win, Wolverine or Ironman   Who would win, Wolverine or Ironman Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 12:55 am

Very nice.

So basically, I reckon, if Wolverine were to jump off the empire state building straight down onto Ironman, he could get his claws in and pierce straight through Stark's damn head.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Who would win, Wolverine or Ironman   Who would win, Wolverine or Ironman Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 12:55 am

That's it, I've gone for Wolverine.
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

Number of posts : 6497
Where I am : Off the deep end

PostSubject: Re: Who would win, Wolverine or Ironman   Who would win, Wolverine or Ironman Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 6:30 am

I don't think it's up to debate. Iron Man. Done. His hand energy progectors turned to 11 will char Wolverine to nearly nothing. Even if he regenerates, it would take a very long time, battle over. No freakin' way.

Unless Wolverine got the sneak up and his claws took off Iron Man's head. But would that work? Regard, Iron Man for the win.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

Number of posts : 6497
Where I am : Off the deep end

PostSubject: Re: Who would win, Wolverine or Ironman   Who would win, Wolverine or Ironman Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 6:30 am

They must of fought during the entire run of Marvel... can anyone find comic evidence?

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
White Tiger

White Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Who would win, Wolverine or Ironman   Who would win, Wolverine or Ironman Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 9:47 am

Another thing you have to consider about Wolverine is that he has enhanced instincts, stength and reflexes as a result of his mutation. Again, from Wikipedia:

Wolverine's healing factor also affects a number of his physical attributes by increasing them to superhuman levels. His stamina is sufficiently heightened to the point he can exert himself for numerous hours, even after exposure to powerful tranquilizers.Wolverine's agility and reflexes are also enhanced to levels that are beyond the physical limits of the finest human athlete. Due to his healing factor's constant regenerative qualities, he can push his muscles beyond the limits of the human body without injury. This, coupled by the constant demand placed on his muscles by over one hundred pounds of adamantium, grants him some degree of superhuman strength. Since the presence of the adamantium negates the natural structural limits of his bones, he can lift or move weight that would otherwise damage a human skeleton. He has been depicted breaking steel chains, lifting several men above his head with one arm and throwing them through a wall and lifting Ursa Major (in grizzly bear form) over his head before tossing him across a room.

So he's not just going to stand still while Ironman blasts him and if he gets close to Ironman then its not going to be all that simple for Ironman to get away.
Back to top Go down
Whidden

Whidden

PostSubject: Re: Who would win, Wolverine or Ironman   Who would win, Wolverine or Ironman Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 10:12 am

I think Wolverine is tougher than I thought, but I still think Ironman would win a fight to the death most of the time.

Ironman has distance on his side, he can zap from afar, and he can fly, and the armor stuff is debatable whether his armor will stand up to the Adam blades. I think if Woverine has to run and get some momentum to pierce the armor, Ironman can fly away in time. But maybe not.

Wolverine might win sometimes, but Ironman just has too much going for him.
Back to top Go down
Whidden

Whidden

PostSubject: Re: Who would win, Wolverine or Ironman   Who would win, Wolverine or Ironman Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 10:14 am

This poll is tied at the moment. I'll leave it open awhile longer, we can debate some more, then if no more votes, I'll call it a tie and both can move on to the next heat.

Or we might get another vote to put it over the top.
Back to top Go down
Schmiggens

Schmiggens

Number of posts : 1397
Where I am : 'Straylia
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Who would win, Wolverine or Ironman   Who would win, Wolverine or Ironman Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 10:25 am

I shouldn't vote in this one, I am almost ashamed to admit I know nothing about Iron Man, I had never heard of him before the movies, and I haven't seen the movies, so my vote would only be based on what has been said in this thread, and my bias towards Wolverine, because I think he's cool (and Hugh Jackman is sexy).

So, if I had to vote, I would vote for Wolverine.
Back to top Go down
Whidden

Whidden

PostSubject: Re: Who would win, Wolverine or Ironman   Who would win, Wolverine or Ironman Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 10:29 am

That's the kind of thinking that put Obama in the White House.

JOKE ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Ha ha, not really.

You can vote if you want, anyone can vote, the vote is what counts, not the reasons.
Back to top Go down
Schmiggens

Schmiggens

Number of posts : 1397
Where I am : 'Straylia
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Who would win, Wolverine or Ironman   Who would win, Wolverine or Ironman Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 10:31 am

OK. Wolverine it is.
Back to top Go down
Whidden

Whidden

PostSubject: Re: Who would win, Wolverine or Ironman   Who would win, Wolverine or Ironman Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 10:43 am

We will leave the poll open a couple more days, see if anymore votes, then declare a winner.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who would win, Wolverine or Ironman   Who would win, Wolverine or Ironman Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who would win, Wolverine or Ironman
Page 1 of 1