Inrejects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Last movie watched

Go down 
+17
Schmiggens
enirehtacC
Dekka00
Pippin
Nymphadora
Sandy June
shadow stalker
Illuminate
Mr. F
gaboman
Whidden
Leonna
fuscia
Sierradaddy
LICKETY
HECK!
Lawless
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34  Next
AuthorMessage
gaboman

gaboman

Number of posts : 9748
Where I am : 台北市
Registration date : 2007-01-23

Last movie watched - Page 33 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last movie watched   Last movie watched - Page 33 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 5:29 am

I watched Mystery Team on the weekend. Absolutely effin' hilarious! I was surprised because I didn't take a good look at the front cover. I just thought it was something like the Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew and that kind of crap. It was something 200 times better than any of that crap. It's a sort of 'what-if' movie, in this case it's 'what-if' these kids who have these mystery solving teams never grow out of it and, let's face it, never grow up. So these 18 year old boys have this child-like mentality, but keep on taking cases for a penny. In this movie, they're asked to solve a murder (for a penny) and, as you can imagine, it's a bit out of their league.

Even after explaining it like that, it only sounds a quarter (or less) as good as it actually it. These guys are a comedy team to look out for.

Last movie watched - Page 33 10205411
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Last movie watched   Last movie watched - Page 33 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 6:19 am

Basically an hour and a half of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2eP2764CVc

Cracks me up.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Last movie watched   Last movie watched - Page 33 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 9:46 pm

I watched Formosa Betrayed last night. It was a pretty good movie, and shows what I think is a fairly accurate representation of Taiwan in the early 80's. Things have changed now, but some problems persist. I particularly like the way it could put global focus on the 228 massacre which was horrific, but not really well known. I hope this movie gets more of a following. It has some big stars in it, but just didn't seem to make any impact at the cinemas or on video. Bummer.
Back to top Go down
Schmiggens

Schmiggens

Number of posts : 1397
Where I am : 'Straylia
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Last movie watched   Last movie watched - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 7:04 am

Movie marathon this weekend. I think we've worn two dents in the couch. New TV is bad.

We watched Paranormal Activity, Iron Man 2, and the first 3 Resident Evil movies back to back. I watched I Love You Phillip Morris as well.

Paranormal Activity wasn't scary, although we got one of the alternate endings on the one we watched, so I watched the other endings on the internet, I think we got the unscariest ending. None of it was really scary though, although I guess if I was watching it at home at night when I was by myself, I might have been a bit scared going to bed afterwards.

Iron Man2 was good. Mickey Rourke nailed the Russian accent, normally americans do a REALLY bad russian accent. Gwenyth Paltrow looks so plain next to Scarlett Johansen, no wonder she didn't want to do any red carpets photos next to her, she is smoking hot.

I Love You Phillip Morris wasn't as funny, or as explicit as I was expecting, but good acting performances, especially from Ewan McGregor. Interesting true story though.

I think the new Resident Evil is out now, and in 3D? I think zombies in 3D would be cool, so we might go check that out. OR we could buy a blue ray player and have 3D at home! Those couch dents are going to get a lot worse!
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Last movie watched   Last movie watched - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 11:12 pm

Paranormal Activity sucked. "Oooh a door moved, I'm so scared. What? The Windows weren't open?!?!?! Holy hell! Ahh I stared at you for a few hours while you were sleeping. It's not creepy."

I watched Day and Knight last night, which wasn't bad. I mean critics panned it but it was about what I was expecting. Stupid fun. I thought the beginning was slow. I mean when Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz were on the plane just chatting. That went on WAY too long.

Also watched Everybody's Fine, as per Buffy's suggestion. It wasn't bad. A bit sad in a way, but basically straight forward and a little predictable. I mean really predictable, if I'm being honest. But it was a good story regardless.

Oh yeah, and Letters for Juliet. Saw that too. Or was it 'from' Juliet? Either way, it was a nice little romantic movie with a bit of an interesting spin (at least I thought). Very sweet.

I also tried watching Saw VI again. This time I got all the way through and thought it was pretty decent. Saw III through V, I thought, were kind of crappy. This one was alright because at least it told you what that damn letter in III said...
Back to top Go down
Schmiggens

Schmiggens

PostSubject: Re: Last movie watched   Last movie watched - Page 33 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 9:33 am

Knight and Day was actually supposed to be pretty good I heard? I thought it just did badly as far as numbers went because everyone thinks Tom Cruise is crazy, so no one saw it?
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Last movie watched   Last movie watched - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 6:36 am

Oh I dunno, it was pretty good though.
Back to top Go down
Schmiggens

Schmiggens

PostSubject: Re: Last movie watched   Last movie watched - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 7:28 am

We got the Matrix Trilogy. Watched the first one, it was OK, couldn't stop seeing all the stupid colour themes, green everywhere, then blue everywhere, green, blue, green, blue. Once you notice those sorts of things, its hard to not see them.
The second one, I couldn't pay attention, it wasn't holding my attention at all. Haven't watched the third one yet, I suppose I will get around to it, but after the second one, I am not 100% sure I want too.

Watched Next with Nicholas Cage. He can see 2 seconds into the future, except when he's around Jessica Biel, because she's special or something, and then he can see further into her future. Interesting movie, and then the little twist at the end gave me an"ahhh" moment.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Last movie watched   Last movie watched - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 9:33 pm

I liked Next. Wasn't bad at all.

First Matrix was great. They made a lame trilogy though.
Back to top Go down
Schmiggens

Schmiggens

PostSubject: Re: Last movie watched   Last movie watched - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 8:50 am

I SERIOUSLY need to get my ass of this couch.

I watched Why Did I Get Married and then Why Did I Get Married Too. All I could think about during the second one when Janet Jackson goes nuts is the interview she did with Tyler Perry where they were talking about filming that scene in the week after Michael died, you can see that the emotion in that scene and the following scenes goes deeper than acting, she is letting out some serious grief. OR she could be a really good actress all of a sudden. I am going with the grief theory.

Also watched Date Night with Tina Fey and Steve Carell. Some laugh out loud moments, overall generally entertaining, they have good on-screen chemistry. Marky Mark abs aren't as impressive as they used to be, and his hair is weird, but still a good bit of eye-candy. I can see these two doing something else together that could be absolutely awesomely hilarious, I don't know how much they had to do with writing this, but maybe it's the movie-length that doesn't quite sit right? Let them loose together on a TV show and I think you'd have a winner.

I am making a resolution for next weekend that I will not turn on the TV until I have finished all the housework. We'll see how that goes. I am letting this weekend pass by saying that as this is a long weekend and the last one before Christmas, I am allowed to relish it by being a bum and doing nothing all weekend. That's totally justified. Right?
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Last movie watched   Last movie watched - Page 33 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 3:34 am

I saw a few movies over the weekend

The first was some Scooby Doo movie where they went to Japan. It had none of the old Scooby Doo magic, as far as I was concerned, but did have some great insight into Japan and it's history/culture. So I guess that made up for it.

Next was Death at a Funeral (the US remake). I haven't seen the original movie, so I can't compare it. That being said, I didn't mind this movie. Most of it's stars have not made a good movie in damn near forever (I'm looking at Martin Lawrence and Chris Rock, mainly), so it was decent.

I also watched When in Rome. I can't fucking remember a thing about it, so I don't think I finished it. It wasn't really interesting in the least, if I'm being honest.

Then there was Alvin & the Chipmunks: the Squeakquel. It wasn't bad, but basically a rehash of the original movie with the new female chipmunks thrown in. Nothing to write home about.

On Sunday morning we watched Annie, which I haven't seen in years. It was pretty much how I remembered it. Angela seemed to enjoy it.
Back to top Go down
Mr. F

Mr. F

Number of posts : 1216
Where I am : san diego
Registration date : 2007-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Last movie watched   Last movie watched - Page 33 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 1:14 pm

We watched How to tame your dragon the other night. It was one of those rare movies that kids and adults can both enjoy. I thought it was great. Some really good messages that kinda sneak up on you as well
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Last movie watched   Last movie watched - Page 33 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 9:36 pm

I've watched the beginning of that, but no more than about 15 minutes. It looks good to me, but I can't get anyone else to watch it with me.
Back to top Go down
Schmiggens

Schmiggens

PostSubject: Re: Last movie watched   Last movie watched - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 9:42 am

gaboman wrote:

Next was Death at a Funeral (the US remake). I haven't seen the original movie, so I can't compare it. That being said, I didn't mind this movie. Most of it's stars have not made a good movie in damn near forever (I'm looking at Martin Lawrence and Chris Rock, mainly), so it was decent.

I have seen the original and it was pretty good. I have the new one here to watch, but from what I heard, it's pretty near identical to the original, so I am worried it'll be pretty much like watching the original again, I need to leave some time before I watch the new one. Generally, remakes aren't as good as the original, so I am also wary of it just because of that. I am running out of new stuff to watch though, so I will probably watch it soon.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Last movie watched   Last movie watched - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 10:37 pm

I doubt it's as good as the original, but it worked for me without seeing the original.
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

Number of posts : 6497
Where I am : Off the deep end
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Last movie watched   Last movie watched - Page 33 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 12:18 am

gaboman wrote:
I saw a few movies over the weekend

The first was some Scooby Doo movie where they went to Japan. It had none of the old Scooby Doo magic, as far as I was concerned, but did have some great insight into Japan and it's history/culture. So I guess that made up for it.

I also watched When in Rome. I can't fucking remember a thing about it, so I don't think I finished it. It wasn't really interesting in the least, if I'm being honest.

Then there was Alvin & the Chipmunks: the Squeakquel. It wasn't bad, but basically a rehash of the original movie with the new female chipmunks thrown in. Nothing to write home about.

On Sunday morning we watched Annie, which I haven't seen in years. It was pretty much how I remembered it. Angela seemed to enjoy it.

Saw the original a few years ago, loved it. When the trailer for the remake came on the screen I tripped out. Was like, this plot sounds really familiar...

Then the same midge appeared, same role. Weird.

Have no desire to see the remake though. Like you said, Rock, Lawrence, not a good flick in years. Chris Rock is a terrible actor.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

PostSubject: Re: Last movie watched   Last movie watched - Page 33 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 12:19 am

Finally saw Iron Man 2! Obviously not as good as the original, which I loved, but the sequel holds up. Was fine by me. Great flick, but more of the same.

The Thor hammer at the end ruled.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
Schmiggens

Schmiggens

PostSubject: Re: Last movie watched   Last movie watched - Page 33 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 8:36 am

Schmiggens wrote:
gaboman wrote:

I have seen the original and it was pretty good. I have the new one here to watch, but from what I heard, it's pretty near identical to the original, so I am worried it'll be pretty much like watching the original again, I need to leave some time before I watch the new one. Generally, remakes aren't as good as the original, so I am also wary of it just because of that. I am running out of new stuff to watch though, so I will probably watch it soon.

I watched the US version recently. Weird having the same midget/ small person/ dwarf/ whateveryoursupposedtocallthemnow in it as the UK version. I liked the UK version better, I just thought the acting was better, it was a bit blah from the US cast.

Watched Black Swan recently too. Natalie Portman was definitely fantastic in it. Mila Kunis was good in it, but not a superstar performance or anything. I thought the movie was really good, not as great as the hype had made it out to me, I think they could've delved deeper into the crazy than they did and the ending didn't really make sense, but the story was interesting. I'd watch it again, I am sure there's little things I missed.

Also watched Repo-Men about guys in the not-too-distant future who repossess man-made organs when people default on their payments. Pretty predictable storyline until the end. Jude Law and Forrest Whitaker, good actors, but both just a bit weird looking sometimes and I got distracted sometimes thinking about how Jude Law sometimes looks hot, and sometimes looks like a homeless person and Forrest Whittaker has this facial tic thing sometimes. Distracting. Interesting story though, something you can see happening pretty easily, which is scary.
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

PostSubject: Re: Last movie watched   Last movie watched - Page 33 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 5:55 pm

Peter Dinklage! Tyrion Lannister mofo's! Love that show.

Anyway... did anyone see Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol? Finally checked it. Sucked on wheels man. Just terrible.

Obviously checked The Avengers. Loved it.

The actual last movie I watched, although I've seen it before, was Children of Men. Anyone see this? Damn fine, underrated movie.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Last movie watched   Last movie watched - Page 33 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 9:45 pm

I just watched the opening scene of Ghost Protocol. That seemed okay, but didn't convince me to finish the movie for some reason.

Have considered watching Children of Men. On one hand it seems balls on the wall awesome, but it also seems like it could be a total waste of time... I don't know.

Watched Pihranna 3DD on the weekend. Pretty insane, and if you're looking for something the least bit realistic this isn't the flick. But, I mean, it took the first movie and really brought it over-the-top. To that end it was alright. Unfortunately they reuse a lot of tropes from the first movie and it ends up being one of those "seen it before" flicks.
Back to top Go down
Pippin

Pippin

Number of posts : 884
Where I am : Washington

PostSubject: Re: Last movie watched   Last movie watched - Page 33 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 6:53 pm

gaboman wrote:
Have considered watching Children of Men. On one hand it seems balls on the wall awesome, but it also seems like it could be a total waste of time... I don't know.

I watched that one. Seem to remember that it was awesome, but also depressing and was basically summed up in the previews. What's-his-name, the Cockney actor who plays Alfred in the new Batman movies, he plays a fun and convincing hippie.

Last edited by Pippin on Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pippin

Pippin

PostSubject: Re: Last movie watched   Last movie watched - Page 33 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 6:55 pm

Last movie I saw was X-Men First Class. I'd put off watching it because I was so unhappy with the X-Men Last Stand and Wolverine movies. I was pleasantly surprised, though. Good flick. Magneto was a bad ass.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Last movie watched   Last movie watched - Page 33 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 1:48 am

Yeah you need to see First Class before the new one comes out, I think. Days of Future Past is going to rock. I hope... I mean, they some how fucked up Phoenix, so who knows how bad they can go.

I watched some movies recently.

The Master was good, but the ending didn't do it for me. It's almost like nothing really happened. But the rest of the movie was solid.

Jack Reacher was also okay. Not non-stop action like I thought, but it was pretty good. I do hope they make a series.

Here Comes The Boom was better than I thought it would be. Really enjoyed that.

Silver Linings Playbook, I thought, was kind of a waste of time.

Hyde Park on Hudson was alright. Bill Murray was good, and I learned something new. That is, FDR used to bang his cousins.

That'll do for now. I saw all these on a plane recently.
Back to top Go down
Pippin

Pippin

PostSubject: Re: Last movie watched   Last movie watched - Page 33 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 3:25 pm

I was going to watch Silver Linings Playbook. No good, you say?
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Last movie watched   Last movie watched - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 3:22 am

Some people may like it... I should point out I have really bad taste in movies.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last movie watched   Last movie watched - Page 33 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Last movie watched
Page 33 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34  Next