Inrejects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What's That Movie Called?

Go down 
+5
Lawless
Dekka00
HECK!
Illuminate
gaboman
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
gaboman

gaboman

Number of posts : 9748
Where I am : 台北市
Registration date : 2007-01-23

What's That Movie Called? Empty
PostSubject: What's That Movie Called?   What's That Movie Called? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2007 4:57 am

It's been bugging me for years, but I've finally got up the guts to ask...

I watched a movie years ago, when I was about 14, and though I didn't like it, it kind of weirded me out. From memory, it kinda felt like an 80's movie, and had no actors that I seem to remember being famous (at least I didn't know them at the time).

What I remember of the story is very limited, but I remember enough for anyone who knows the movie to remember. And, no, it's not 'Mannequin.' It was about a guy who has a mannequin, though, which he falls in love with, and his sister or mother or someone starts to get worried about his emotional attachment to the dummy. I think he tries to kill his sister/mother/whoever because of it too. If I remember right, they live in a large-ish farm house kinda thing too.

That's all I remember, but it's bugged me for a long time what the hell that movie was. I think it had a 3-letter title, or it was at least an acronym or something.

If anybody's got a similar problem, post it here. If anyone can help me out, much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Illuminate

Illuminate

Number of posts : 1097
Where I am : In my vivid imagination
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: What's That Movie Called?   What's That Movie Called? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2007 12:28 pm

I looked on IMDB and searched for "mannequin" under plot. Nothing came up that sounded like your description. Can you remember anything else that happened? Now I'M curious.
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

Number of posts : 6497
Where I am : Off the deep end
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: Re: What's That Movie Called?   What's That Movie Called? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2007 12:32 pm

Was it Mannequin 2: On The Move? rabbit

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
Dekka00

Dekka00

Number of posts : 1251
Where I am : Commonwealth of Virginia
Registration date : 2007-01-27

PostSubject: Re: What's That Movie Called?   What's That Movie Called? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2007 12:34 pm

I remember that movie. Dumb, but kind of funny.

It is called Mannequin.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093493/

I don't know why you guys couldn't find it

???
Back to top Go down
Dekka00

Dekka00

Number of posts : 1251
Where I am : Commonwealth of Virginia
Registration date : 2007-01-27

PostSubject: Re: What's That Movie Called?   What's That Movie Called? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2007 12:35 pm

er, wait. I just read your post a bit more carefully. There IS a movie called Mannequin where the guy falls in love with the mannequin, but I don't think it's the same movie you're talking about now....
Back to top Go down
Lawless

Lawless

Number of posts : 4788
Where I am : SUN Diego

PostSubject: Re: What's That Movie Called?   What's That Movie Called? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2007 3:35 pm

Sorry, Grant... can't help you on this one. The only movies that I know are the actual Mannequin movies. This one sounds like some freaky ass movie.
Back to top Go down
http://lawlessone23.livejournal.com/
Sierradaddy

Sierradaddy

Number of posts : 237
Where I am : Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Registration date : 2007-02-12

PostSubject: Re: What's That Movie Called?   What's That Movie Called? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2007 4:16 pm

was it a mannequin, or a dummy? There's a difference, you know... Razz
Back to top Go down
Illuminate

Illuminate

Number of posts : 1097
Where I am : In my vivid imagination
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: What's That Movie Called?   What's That Movie Called? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2007 4:40 pm

Is this really a "MOVIE" or are you trying to get something off your chest? HMMM? Cool
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: What's That Movie Called?   What's That Movie Called? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2007 8:19 pm

That could explain why I was banned from the women's section of almost every department store.

It seriously was a movie, but I forget everything else about it. It looked pretty low budget, and it was a late-night kind of deal. Sucks no one else's seen it.
Back to top Go down
Whidden

Whidden

Number of posts : 7218
Where I am : THE DARK TOWER

PostSubject: Re: What's That Movie Called?   What's That Movie Called? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2007 8:59 pm

I will research it. I remember seeing a trailer for something like that, back in the 80's and thinking it was really silly.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: What's That Movie Called?   What's That Movie Called? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2007 9:11 pm

It was ridiculous, but it stuck in my head for some reason. At times I think it's called D.O.T. or some crap like that, but it's not that... but it was something silly like that.
Back to top Go down
Whidden

Whidden

PostSubject: Re: What's That Movie Called?   What's That Movie Called? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2007 9:11 pm

For some reason, Steve Gutenburg comes to mind. Was he in it?
Back to top Go down
Nymphadora

Nymphadora

Number of posts : 4023
Where I am : North Carolina

PostSubject: Re: What's That Movie Called?   What's That Movie Called? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2007 11:23 pm

i have two movies
boh are horro i guess, i saw them on tv late night when i was younger so probably 80's movies too

one there is a girl, she has long strightdark hair. she somehow get stuck in this house, she tries looking out the window and falls and gets maggots on her hand. a guy gets his head bashed in with a shovel or a mail box i think. she goes through the house and keeps going underground. evenutally ends up at this crazy gross lake thing.

the other one i think is like aliens or something land in this field near a house. i think they take over the teachers and they all have bandaids on the back of their necks, there is a boy who figures it all out. he saw the thing crash i think and its near his house. no it's not the faculity
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: What's That Movie Called?   What's That Movie Called? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2007 12:34 am

Whidden wrote:
For some reason, Steve Gutenburg comes to mind. Was he in it?
You're thining of Police Academy, bro.

Nah, I looked him up in imdb, nothing there that seemed like this movie.

I have no immediate idea about your ones Nymphadora Sad Sorry
Back to top Go down
Sierradaddy

Sierradaddy

Number of posts : 237
Where I am : Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Registration date : 2007-02-12

PostSubject: Re: What's That Movie Called?   What's That Movie Called? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2007 8:19 am

Nymphadora wrote:

one there is a girl, she has long strightdark hair. she somehow get stuck in this house, she tries looking out the window and falls and gets maggots on her hand. a guy gets his head bashed in with a shovel or a mail box i think. she goes through the house and keeps going underground. evenutally ends up at this crazy gross lake thing.

Could that be from one of the House movies? It sounds like it.
Back to top Go down
Whidden

Whidden

PostSubject: Re: What's That Movie Called?   What's That Movie Called? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2007 6:20 pm

Aight Gabo, I spent a long time searching, and it's frustrating. Can't find nothing.

But I do remember, in the 80's, I went to the movies, and saw all these mannequin tailers, and I didn't want to see that movie. Looked stupid as hell.

Then, the one you are talking about was advertised some years later, or around the same time. It was a dude living with a mannequin, and he was obsessed and crazy, and it looked like a horror movie. And I remember thinking, damn, now they got the same stupid movie in horror style.

So, the movie does exist, but after much internet search, I can't find it. Sad
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: What's That Movie Called?   What's That Movie Called? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2007 8:30 pm

Sierradaddy wrote:
Nymphadora wrote:

Could that be from one of the House movies? It sounds like it.

That was my first thought too, but I can't think of which one... Plus I remember the movies mainly focused on guys rather than chicks with "straightdark hair..." Maybe Whidden can use his incredible googling to find out.

Thanks for the help Whizzle, it's okay. The movie was totally dumb, and I probably wouldn't watch it again if you paid me... but still it bugs me. It wasn't really a horror movie... it could've been, but it was just too boring to be considered horrific...
Back to top Go down
Whidden

Whidden

PostSubject: Re: What's That Movie Called?   What's That Movie Called? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2007 9:47 pm

I have my own unknown movie.

Lets see. I was very young, maybe between 7 and 10, and we went to the drive in to see something. When the first movie was over, we were going to leave, but my parents decided to stay and watch some short horror flick, which was rare for them, they didn't watch that kind of thing.

I was told to go to sleep in the back, and not watch, but I was a sneaky little booger, and I saw most of it.

The mystery movie:

1. People were in the desert. There was an invisable wall of some kind. When a buzzard overhead flew around, he went into and was gone. But would fly out of it and re appear.

2. If you entered the wall, you went into some kind of funky zone, full of bad people, or maybe just one bad person.

3. A woman or dude went in, and thought they were talking to someone they knew, but they took them outside back into the real world, and they had zombie eyes.

4. Towards the end, there was some crazy ass claymation of the devil landing on a rock or throne, with his giant bat wings.

5. Only one dude survived, and at the end he was in a room watching a cruxifix swing back and forth on his chain deal, really terrified. Like he was hoping the cross would protect him.
Back to top Go down
Whidden

Whidden

PostSubject: Re: What's That Movie Called?   What's That Movie Called? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2007 10:02 pm

Damn. I was searching for my movie, and put in satan claymation and found this disturbing clip from a g rated movie.

The devil is freaky in this, sinister, scared the tar outta old whid, and he kills his little claymation men with total rudeness. And those little clay men fighting a cow? What the hell?

That movie was rated G? Truly horryifying!!!!

http://digg.com/videos/animation/A_disturbing_moment_in_a_children_s_film
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: What's That Movie Called?   What's That Movie Called? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2007 10:11 pm

hehehe that is pretty freaky.

The movie you mention sounds kind of familiar... I'll have to think about it a bit though. I may have seen it or just seen parts of it...
Back to top Go down
Whidden

Whidden

PostSubject: Re: What's That Movie Called?   What's That Movie Called? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2007 10:21 pm

Well, I was 7 or so, so my memory could be messed up. Might have been a cartoon vs. claymation.

I do recall it scared the living **** out of me. I don't do well with horror movies even now, much less back then.
Back to top Go down
Whidden

Whidden

PostSubject: Re: What's That Movie Called?   What's That Movie Called? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2007 10:35 pm

Ha, I got to stop searching. Found an Evil Mary Poppins flick. Too much!

I'm quitting now, calling it a day...

http://www.videoruku.com/movie-trailer-video-clips/20061206-scary-mary-mary-poppins-horror-movie-trailer
Back to top Go down
LICKETY

LICKETY

Number of posts : 502
Where I am : Toronto, Canada

PostSubject: Re: What's That Movie Called?   What's That Movie Called? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2007 9:14 pm

Dave, the movie you describes kinda sounds like "EQUINOX" but I'm not too sure.

I vaguely remember that movie when I saw it on televison, not sure if there is a claymation devil at the end, but there is a devil in in.

When I was little I watched horror movies when I wasn't supposed to. I'd stay up late & watch them oldies on TV and it always spooked me. I saw Rosemary's Baby and couldn't sleep for weeks because I thought it was "real". :ahhh:
Back to top Go down
Whidden

Whidden

PostSubject: Re: What's That Movie Called?   What's That Movie Called? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2007 9:22 pm

Ha! I looked it up, that wasn't it, but that movie you have there looked like a riot. Big clamation devils and gorrilas. I guess it's really stop motion photography, not claymation, but it' looked really hokey!

http://www.stomptokyo.com/badmoviereport/reviews/E/equinox.html
Back to top Go down
Whidden

Whidden

PostSubject: Re: What's That Movie Called?   What's That Movie Called? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2007 9:29 pm

Actually, you know, I was real young, that could be the movie. Not how I remembered it, but some of the major plot points seem to mesh with what I remember.

I don't remember no giant gorilla though, but the invisible zone and the fako devil winged thing, that might be it...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's That Movie Called?   What's That Movie Called? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's That Movie Called?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next