Inrejects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Out Now/Coming Soon to DVD and Blu Ray

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
gaboman

gaboman

Number of posts : 9748
Where I am : 台北市
Registration date : 2007-01-23

Out Now/Coming Soon to DVD and Blu Ray Empty
PostSubject: Out Now/Coming Soon to DVD and Blu Ray   Out Now/Coming Soon to DVD and Blu Ray Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 12:02 am

I always like knowing what's coming out and what DVDs/Blu Rays are worth getting.

For example, I really want The Wizard of Oz on Blu Ray, but don't really want this whole package:
Out Now/Coming Soon to DVD and Blu Ray 51xYNiMIjyL._SL500_AA240_
And I'm probably going to pick this one up:

Out Now/Coming Soon to DVD and Blu Ray 61dlqbdREvL._SL500_AA240_
Special features on the Willy Wonka DVD aren't that good, but it's got a documentary and a commentary track with the kids from the movie, so that's pretty sweet.
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

Number of posts : 6497
Where I am : Off the deep end
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Out Now/Coming Soon to DVD and Blu Ray   Out Now/Coming Soon to DVD and Blu Ray Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 8:49 pm

Those movies would look really pretty on Blu Ray.

Waiting for Trek to come out. Getting that on BR right away.

Dark Knight on BR was insane.

Want to get Die Hard or some other big action movie.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Out Now/Coming Soon to DVD and Blu Ray   Out Now/Coming Soon to DVD and Blu Ray Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 10:28 pm

Die Hard's already out. I've been considering it.

I saw Sin City was pretty cheap on blu ray the other week. I went to check if I could get it yesterday but it was sold out at the shop I saw it. Bugger it, that's a pain.
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

PostSubject: Re: Out Now/Coming Soon to DVD and Blu Ray   Out Now/Coming Soon to DVD and Blu Ray Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 11:23 pm

I bet Watchmen was great. Man.

Wonder what else is dope on the Blu Ray.

Star Wars on BR?

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Out Now/Coming Soon to DVD and Blu Ray   Out Now/Coming Soon to DVD and Blu Ray Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 5:37 am

They need to do Star Wars on Blu Ray. But you know what Lucas is like, he'll wait forever to get it done and then it'll be some fucked up version you don't want in the first place.

No I'll take what I can get. Seriously. Gimme.

Watchmen ain't out here. They have some crappy DVD release in Taiwan, but its just the original movie not the extended cut. I wanna see the extended cut.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Out Now/Coming Soon to DVD and Blu Ray   Out Now/Coming Soon to DVD and Blu Ray Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 5:39 am

Labyrinth is out this week on blu ray. Same with Dark Crystal. Both kick ass movies I would definitely watch in hi def. Would I pay for them? Perhaps not.

Out Now/Coming Soon to DVD and Blu Ray 51IT-D0WzKL._SL500_AA240_

Out Now/Coming Soon to DVD and Blu Ray 513RLVh4XvL._SL500_AA240_
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

PostSubject: Re: Out Now/Coming Soon to DVD and Blu Ray   Out Now/Coming Soon to DVD and Blu Ray Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 3:02 pm

Tron Blu Ray would be sick...

The Matrix...

Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas...

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
Whidden

Whidden

Number of posts : 7218
Where I am : THE DARK TOWER

PostSubject: Re: Out Now/Coming Soon to DVD and Blu Ray   Out Now/Coming Soon to DVD and Blu Ray Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 6:50 pm

I really want Matrix 1 and Reloaded on Blue Ray...I need to head down to Best Buy this weekend.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Out Now/Coming Soon to DVD and Blu Ray   Out Now/Coming Soon to DVD and Blu Ray Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 10:48 pm

I just got Wizard Of Oz on Blu Ray. It's a 2-disc set and was the price of a normal Blu Ray (with some collector edition cards, some booklets with old magazine articles and promos and stuff).

The main disc is great. It's got the movie, with passable quality. I mean, what can I say? The movie looks sharp, but it means you can see some imperfections as well. What can you do, eh?

Then it has Angela Lansbury reading the story book, heaps of documentaries and the WB Live dealy. Disc 2 has a bunch of movies on it. Older Wizard of Oz movies that I've read about on imdb before but never got a chance to see. Qualiy is shit house, but that makes it all the more exciting. Overall a worthwhile buy, I reckon.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Out Now/Coming Soon to DVD and Blu Ray   Out Now/Coming Soon to DVD and Blu Ray Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 11:16 pm

So now my Blu Ray collection looks like this

Out Now/Coming Soon to DVD and Blu Ray 51sIciMvVtL._SL500_AA240_

Out Now/Coming Soon to DVD and Blu Ray 51-UZV7iwqL._SL500_AA240_

Out Now/Coming Soon to DVD and Blu Ray 51uBHtmwIPL._SL500_AA240_

Out Now/Coming Soon to DVD and Blu Ray 51FTU0EtMpL._SL500_AA240_

The things are just so bloody expensive here... I may buy a few in the US next month.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Out Now/Coming Soon to DVD and Blu Ray   Out Now/Coming Soon to DVD and Blu Ray Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 11:19 pm

When I was in the US I bought a few blu rays. I got:

Out Now/Coming Soon to DVD and Blu Ray 51JDWLU5VNL

Out Now/Coming Soon to DVD and Blu Ray B002R8JE7S.01.LZZZZZZZ

Out Now/Coming Soon to DVD and Blu Ray DieHardBluray2611_f

Out Now/Coming Soon to DVD and Blu Ray Live-free-or-die-hard-blu-ray-large

Out Now/Coming Soon to DVD and Blu Ray Watchmen-the-end-is-nigh-complete-experience-blu-ray-movie-and-game

That last one was brilliant. It's the movie and the game for 20 bucks. I liked Watchmen, but not so much I wanted to spend 50 bucks on the superduper edition of it so I thought I did well.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Out Now/Coming Soon to DVD and Blu Ray   Out Now/Coming Soon to DVD and Blu Ray Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 12:50 am

Oops, one I forgot:

Out Now/Coming Soon to DVD and Blu Ray StarTrekXI_3Dsc_BRD_Front

16 bucks, I believe it was.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Out Now/Coming Soon to DVD and Blu Ray   Out Now/Coming Soon to DVD and Blu Ray Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 11:28 pm

Also forgot:

Out Now/Coming Soon to DVD and Blu Ray 4511302blu-ray_blazing_saddles

Which is a pretty good disc. The quality is great, it has Mel Brooks' commentary which is interesting enough, and it has the unaired pilot of the TV show "Black Bart".

Now I know what you're thinking: a Blazing Saddles TV show - how could it be funny without the racial slurs? Well, they're left in and it's actually kind of funny. Not "It's twoo, it's twoo" funny, but funny.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Out Now/Coming Soon to DVD and Blu Ray   Out Now/Coming Soon to DVD and Blu Ray Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 3:02 am

All the Harry Potter movies from now on I want to get in blu-ray, but in Taiwan they're astronomically expensive (Half-Blood Prince is 37 US bucks). I would get the US edition, but I prefer to grab them with Chinese subtitles. Harry Potter 1 to 5 have Chinese subtitles in the US, which is good, but now they have the ultra-mega-special-super-fantastic-deluxe editions that may be better....

I dunno why I care so much.
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

PostSubject: Re: Out Now/Coming Soon to DVD and Blu Ray   Out Now/Coming Soon to DVD and Blu Ray Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 7:15 am

DIE HARD!

Yes.

BSG YES!

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Out Now/Coming Soon to DVD and Blu Ray   Out Now/Coming Soon to DVD and Blu Ray Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 1:18 am

Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Out Now/Coming Soon to DVD and Blu Ray   Out Now/Coming Soon to DVD and Blu Ray Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 10:53 pm

I was bad on the weekend and wanted to spoil myself.

I bought:

Out Now/Coming Soon to DVD and Blu Ray 512Kb3ix8VL._SL500_AA300_
Blu-Ray and DVD. Both are barebones with nothing but the original movie. Video and sound quality is fantastic!

and:

Out Now/Coming Soon to DVD and Blu Ray 51QjOuj9dwL._SL500_AA300_
I couldn't find an exact picture of my Shawshank Redemption blu ray though. It's just in a normal case, where the above is in a book-style case. They had a normal cased blu ray on amazon, but with different cover-art.
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

PostSubject: Re: Out Now/Coming Soon to DVD and Blu Ray   Out Now/Coming Soon to DVD and Blu Ray Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 11:56 pm

I got Avatar on Blu Ray, too. Made so much on video already. Cameron must poop money.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Out Now/Coming Soon to DVD and Blu Ray   Out Now/Coming Soon to DVD and Blu Ray Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 1:47 am

No extras. I kind of got that idea from the cover, but I was still hoping there'd be SOMETHING. Still, no worries. Nice to have the movie.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Out Now/Coming Soon to DVD and Blu Ray   Out Now/Coming Soon to DVD and Blu Ray Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 3:02 am

Two bad ass sets now available on Blu-Ray.

First off, a 6-disc Alien Anthology.
Out Now/Coming Soon to DVD and Blu Ray 41SSv58iflL._SL500_AA300_

Next, 25 year anniversary edition of the Back to the Future trilogy.
Out Now/Coming Soon to DVD and Blu Ray 61cux4c3EKL._SL500_AA300_

If I could only get one of these I don't know which I'd get (lucky for me I can't afford to get either right now). On the one hand, I guess the Back to the Future movies are a much easier watch for me. Plus it's great to get the proper aspect ratio finally (my DVD version of these movies are framed weird, particularly in the second movie).

On the other hand, the Alien set is so extensive. All the behind the scenes stuff just sounds fantastic. I've already got the DVD sets, therefore have both versions of each movie available on this set. Not with as good an image as on blu-ray, of course, but still pretty neat.

Realistically, why would I get either of these if I already have 'em on DVD? I love blu-ray, but I just can't see the point of spending so much money on something I've already spent so much money on. Hmm...
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Out Now/Coming Soon to DVD and Blu Ray   Out Now/Coming Soon to DVD and Blu Ray Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 10:34 am

I filled out my blu ray collection on this site: http://www.blu-ray.com/community/collection.php?u=194617

I don't think it's quite complete, but mostly. I think I have more Disney that I forgot to put on. So far the kid's not interested in them, but that doesn't stop me from sitting down and watching Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs by myself. Shut up.
Back to top Go down
Nymphadora

Nymphadora

Number of posts : 4023
Where I am : North Carolina

PostSubject: Re: Out Now/Coming Soon to DVD and Blu Ray   Out Now/Coming Soon to DVD and Blu Ray Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 12:10 am

Ha I still love watching Disney movies too. Give it a few more years G. She's still a little too young.

You have a massive collection of everything on disc. DVD Cd Blu Ray. Crazy.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Out Now/Coming Soon to DVD and Blu Ray   Out Now/Coming Soon to DVD and Blu Ray Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 1:01 am

I wouldn't mind replacing the DVDs with Blu-Rays now. Like I have lots of crap I don't even like on DVD. I'd get rid of them all if I had everything I like on blu-ray. Love the picture quality (sound, I don't know, I don't have a cool system or anything).

Disney movies are awesome. Disney blu-rays are fantastic.
Back to top Go down
Nymphadora

Nymphadora

Number of posts : 4023
Where I am : North Carolina

PostSubject: Re: Out Now/Coming Soon to DVD and Blu Ray   Out Now/Coming Soon to DVD and Blu Ray Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 9:34 am

Maybe once the new big technology after blue ray comes out, i'll be able to afford a blue ray haha.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Out Now/Coming Soon to DVD and Blu Ray   Out Now/Coming Soon to DVD and Blu Ray Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Out Now/Coming Soon to DVD and Blu Ray
Page 1 of 1