Inrejects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Coming Soon .. Another Unneccessary Sequel

Go down 
+3
Dekka00
gaboman
Schmiggens
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Schmiggens

Schmiggens

Number of posts : 1397
Where I am : 'Straylia
Registration date : 2007-11-16

Coming Soon .. Another Unneccessary Sequel Empty
PostSubject: Coming Soon .. Another Unneccessary Sequel   Coming Soon .. Another Unneccessary Sequel Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 9:44 pm

So I already posted that there are 3 more Terminator movies reportedly in works. There are also reports that Spielberg is making another Jurasic Park movie, Laura Dern has confirmed she is coming back for that. A sequel to Donnie Darko is also being looked at being made, with none of the original cast. And a rumoured remake of Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure, which Keanu Reeves has already confirmed he will have nothing to do with.

Is there just no one writing new stuff in Hollywood anymore? It's all sequels and remakes of old TV shows now.

What's next? A 50 year old Ferris Bueler taking a day off work from his accounting office? Ohh, sounds exciting.

I can understand some sequels, like they are already looking at Iron Man 2 and a possible Sex & The City sequel. These movies were box office gold, so a sequel is almost a given. And things like Harry Potter or The Matrix, Lord of The Rings, etc, they are planned sequels that continue a story, not just milking a cash cow.

But to make a sequel, especially when it's ten years (or more) since the original movie, just seems like no one could be bothered coming up with a new idea.
Back to top Go down
Schmiggens

Schmiggens

PostSubject: Re: Coming Soon .. Another Unneccessary Sequel   Coming Soon .. Another Unneccessary Sequel Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 9:49 pm

Speaking of unneccessary sequels, I give you Lost Boys 2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6qYtid7zh0

Does anyone else find it odd that Corey Feldman hasn't aged a day?
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

Number of posts : 9748
Where I am : 台北市
Registration date : 2007-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Coming Soon .. Another Unneccessary Sequel   Coming Soon .. Another Unneccessary Sequel Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 10:15 pm

Hahahah yeah, Corey Feldman is a freak of nature.

Jurassic Park... I dunno... I did like the third one, and hated the second one. I've found people are usually the opposite.

Donnie Darko sequel? I dunno. I kind of hated that movie the first time around, I doubt I could stand it.
Back to top Go down
Dekka00

Dekka00

Number of posts : 1251
Where I am : Commonwealth of Virginia
Registration date : 2007-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Coming Soon .. Another Unneccessary Sequel   Coming Soon .. Another Unneccessary Sequel Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 6:43 pm

ANOTHER BILL AND TED MOVIE WOULD BE MOST EXCELLENT!

I watched that movie for the first time in years about a month ago.

What a great movie man.
Back to top Go down
Nymphadora

Nymphadora

Number of posts : 4023
Where I am : North Carolina

PostSubject: Re: Coming Soon .. Another Unneccessary Sequel   Coming Soon .. Another Unneccessary Sequel Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 7:47 pm

I loved Donnie Darko, I just don't see how they could do a sequel, unless they do like one of those ones where ii is kinda the same moive with nothing to do with the first one, which kinda sucks, like with the butterfly effect.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Coming Soon .. Another Unneccessary Sequel   Coming Soon .. Another Unneccessary Sequel Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 9:28 pm

You're right, I was thinking Butterfly Effect 2 when I heard Donnie Darko... Same story, completely unrelated.

Bill And Ted is ish man. I got both movies on DVD.

EXCELLENT!... rau-rau-rau-rau....
Back to top Go down
BratFlorida

BratFlorida

Number of posts : 580
Where I am : Cape Coral FL
Registration date : 2007-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Coming Soon .. Another Unneccessary Sequel   Coming Soon .. Another Unneccessary Sequel Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 6:24 am

Umm....I would watch a movie of Ferris Bueller taking a day off his accounting job....ROFL! Of course, that movie greatly shaped my 18th year. By this age, I'm just DREAMING of a day off from my accounting job.

I've had this thought many times myself though, when I see Star Trek 27 in the works (sorry David). Are all the original ideas used up? Whid and Heck need to get together and write a screenplay. Now that would be completely original...the rest of the world might not have any idea what the hell they're talking about though.
Back to top Go down
Schmiggens

Schmiggens

PostSubject: Re: Coming Soon .. Another Unneccessary Sequel   Coming Soon .. Another Unneccessary Sequel Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 6:34 am

30 Movies Sequels currenltly being worked on:

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/13412/30_upcoming_movie_sequels_you_didnt_know_about.html?redux

"The Brazilian Job", does anyone else picture this being set in a waxing salon?
Back to top Go down
Lawless

Lawless

Number of posts : 4788
Where I am : SUN Diego
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Coming Soon .. Another Unneccessary Sequel   Coming Soon .. Another Unneccessary Sequel Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 7:39 pm

Schmiggens wrote:
"The Brazilian Job", does anyone else picture this being set in a waxing salon?

Laughing Good one, Emma.
Back to top Go down
http://lawlessone23.livejournal.com/
Schmiggens

Schmiggens

PostSubject: Re: Coming Soon .. Another Unneccessary Sequel   Coming Soon .. Another Unneccessary Sequel Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 5:47 am

Coming Soon .. Another Unneccessary Sequel 2qtbhug

Remake of the original RoboCop - Sony Pictures (Screen Gems division) was working on a remake of RoboCop in the winter of 2005-2006. No details were revealed other than the unofficial (and confirmed) announcement. A source from Bloody-Disgusting.com wrote that the RoboCop remake was halted as of November 2006 because Sony felt it was too soon to re-make a film that's barely 20 years old.

However, a recent update at Aint It Cool News.com announced the remake would be released in 2010. Photos were published from a New York licensing show (above).
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Coming Soon .. Another Unneccessary Sequel   Coming Soon .. Another Unneccessary Sequel Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 7:03 pm

Noooooooooooo....

I can imagine they'll lame it up big time, and most definitely it'll be PG-13. Weak, dude.
Back to top Go down
Schmiggens MKII

Schmiggens MKII

Number of posts : 438
Where I am : @ Work
Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Coming Soon .. Another Unneccessary Sequel   Coming Soon .. Another Unneccessary Sequel Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 12:15 am

Ghostbuster 3

Quote :

Dan Aykroyd tells all about a possible third 'Ghostbusters' film!

In a new interview with the L.A. Times, Aykroyd said that many of the big names from the 'Ghostbusters' franchise -- Bill Murray, Sigourney Weaver, Harold Ramis and Ernie Hudson -- are on board for a third, and production could begin by this winter.

The storyline for the third film finds the original Ghostbusters ready to hand off the task of managing New York City's ghoulies to a younger crew. Aykroyd told the Times that he envisions a new five-person team of ghost hunters that could even include several women.

http://www.etonline.com/news/2009/05/74410/
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Coming Soon .. Another Unneccessary Sequel   Coming Soon .. Another Unneccessary Sequel Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 12:52 am

Yeah, I read this recently. They could start filming in Winter, but it's still not set in stone. Could be alright. Ghostbusters I and II are great. I haven't seen them in at least 10 years, but I'm sure they're still brilliant by today's standards. Right...?
Back to top Go down
Schmiggens MKII

Schmiggens MKII

Number of posts : 438
Where I am : @ Work
Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Coming Soon .. Another Unneccessary Sequel   Coming Soon .. Another Unneccessary Sequel Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 12:56 am

I saw them recently, in the last year or 2, and they were still pretty good, the special effects are obviously dated, but the movies themselves were still good.

The original cast are all pretty old now, and I think with the original cast as well as a new team of ghostbusters, that's a lot of main characters in one movie, so it would cost a bit of money, especially if they wanted big names for the new ghostbusters crew.

I guess if they can make this work though, it opens them up to a whole new raft of sequels they can make with the new team of ghostbusters.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Coming Soon .. Another Unneccessary Sequel   Coming Soon .. Another Unneccessary Sequel Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 12:59 am

A Ghostbuster movie would sell, I reckon. I'd go see it, definitely.

But, yeah, I hope it doesn't come to the point where we're sick of Ghostbuster sequels... that'd kill me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coming Soon .. Another Unneccessary Sequel   Coming Soon .. Another Unneccessary Sequel Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Coming Soon .. Another Unneccessary Sequel
Page 1 of 1