Inrejects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

InFAMOUS (PS3)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
gaboman

gaboman

Number of posts : 9748
Where I am : 台北市
Registration date : 2007-01-23

InFAMOUS (PS3) Empty
PostSubject: InFAMOUS (PS3)   InFAMOUS (PS3) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 9:25 pm

InFAMOUS (PS3) 252px-Infamous-cover

Bad ass game. It really is. You're Cole, some dude who totally demolished this city when he was delivering a package (I haven't seen the scene, so that's to be determined), and then he gets all these gnarly powers. He can zap people and shit, bomb them... he can hover and slide along tracks, he's almost indestructable and all that jazz. Totally awesome.

The cool part is you choose if you want to do good things or bad things, and your powers and the game progress depending on your choices. Excellent.
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

Number of posts : 6497
Where I am : Off the deep end
Registration date : 2007-01-24

InFAMOUS (PS3) Empty
PostSubject: Re: InFAMOUS (PS3)   InFAMOUS (PS3) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 9:49 pm

I am so glad you mentioned this game to me, G. Easily the best game I've played in a while. Love it.

Can't say enough good things.

The open world environment is amazing. So many side missions, things to track down and collect, it's hard to get bored.

The story could have easily been generic and cheap, no way. For a video game, it was excellent. Twists, turns, and you choose your own path for the most part.

Yes, you can choose to be a Hero or, wait for it, InFAMOUS.

And the game reacts and responds to your choices. Random people in the street either cheer you, take pictures, put up posters, or yell, throw rocks, run, and hate you.

Several different types of enemies, random gangs that all want to kill you as well as each other.

Plenty of people pulling the overall strings, but the climax can't be beat.

I am on the second way through, this time as a bad guy. Not quite InFAMOUS yet. It's like almost half new stuff.

The game handling is easy. You get points for new stunts and it wants you to try new shit. As you go, there are new powers, you can upgrade existing powers, and really kick an ass.

So much fun. I can't stop telling people about it. I hope a sequel is in the pipeline.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

InFAMOUS (PS3) Empty
PostSubject: Re: InFAMOUS (PS3)   InFAMOUS (PS3) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 11:41 pm

I haven't played in days. I hope I don't forget how by the time I get back around to it.
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

InFAMOUS (PS3) Empty
PostSubject: Re: InFAMOUS (PS3)   InFAMOUS (PS3) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 11:44 pm

I had't played in a week, turned it on tonight, was flying around with ease. Back in the saddle.

I would suggest hitting up a side mission first or just doing a rooftop marathon to get your chops back. Go find some random Reapers or Dustmen, play some target practice, hah.

By the way- just became InFAMOUS. Cole looks scary. Pale white, black scars, freaky.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

InFAMOUS (PS3) Empty
PostSubject: Re: InFAMOUS (PS3)   InFAMOUS (PS3) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 2:59 am

BAD ASS! I'll go that way next time I play. Sounds awesome. I'm definitely gonna play a bit the coming weekend. I won't try to finish it though, maybe just get far enough so I know I can finish it the following weekend.

When I play next I'm going to hit up a lot of side missions. Try to just completely wipe out the entire first island, build myself up a tad and just get all that clear. I really don't have that much to finish over there, I think.
Back to top Go down
Schmiggens MKII

Schmiggens MKII

Number of posts : 438
Where I am : @ Work
Registration date : 2009-02-16

InFAMOUS (PS3) Empty
PostSubject: Re: InFAMOUS (PS3)   InFAMOUS (PS3) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 4:43 am

I was looking around on the internet to see if you could get this on PC, it seems they will release it on PC but not yet. Not for me, it sounds like something the boyfriend might like.

Found a mini-game:
http://www.infamousthegame.com/

Log in, and go to the mini game link. I am so going to get in to trouble playing this at work Smile
Back to top Go down
Schmiggens MKII

Schmiggens MKII

Number of posts : 438
Where I am : @ Work
Registration date : 2009-02-16

InFAMOUS (PS3) Empty
PostSubject: Re: InFAMOUS (PS3)   InFAMOUS (PS3) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 4:47 am

Note to self: stay away from the water.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

InFAMOUS (PS3) Empty
PostSubject: Re: InFAMOUS (PS3)   InFAMOUS (PS3) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 5:04 am

It doesn't seem like you have to log in with this one:

http://www.agame.com/game/Infamous.html

The mini game is kind of cool. A lot of similar elements to the real game... but not as good, naturally (Emma rightly pointed out to my earlier: why would you buy the game if it was free online).

But it's cute. They have pretty much the same powers, and you can heal sick people... there are reapers.

It's a basic platform layout rather than the cool open-worldness of the actual game... but imagine if this platform game came out in the early 90's? It would have KILLED!
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

InFAMOUS (PS3) Empty
PostSubject: Re: InFAMOUS (PS3)   InFAMOUS (PS3) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 4:14 pm

Will check the mini game.

G, totally do the side missions. Also, if you run through the areas that aren't clear of enemies but there are no side missions, some are 'Hidden Package' missions. You have to kill a reaper, then do a mind meld deal and find out where he hid a package.

The main thing is to collect the XP points to upgrade your powers. Just makes life easier down the road. Blast shards give you more life. Etc.

Some are a pain though. Ones where you have to zap the cameras off a building. And where you have to be slick and follow a bad guy.

Also, for every Reaper, Dusman, or whoever you kill, if you do the restraint on them it gives you an extra point. Healing people gives you a point. Shit adds up after a while. Also doing crazy stunts when you kill fools gives you extra points.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

InFAMOUS (PS3) Empty
PostSubject: Re: InFAMOUS (PS3)   InFAMOUS (PS3) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 9:03 pm

I don't think the XP you get for completing a side mission is worth it. I played for a bit last night though. I had a killer of a side mission. You probably had it before "Cole, the reapers and the dustmen are throwing down over there!"

Man, it was just chaos. Then I learnt you just take out the little spider deals first, and try to keep away from the reapers and shit until those things are done with. Worked well.

So I finished about 5 side missions last night. First island is abotu 70% clear. There's this strip down the middle that I need to finish.
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

InFAMOUS (PS3) Empty
PostSubject: Re: InFAMOUS (PS3)   InFAMOUS (PS3) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 11:11 pm

That side mission was dope. I charged in both times and fire bombed the hell out of both sides.

Only 100 points per side mission, true. But you only get 500 for regular missions. All adds up.

In Hero or Infamous mode you need 12,000 points for the final upgrade to the maximum lightning power. That is a pain.

Sometimes I just run around and mess up any bad guy who comes near me. Hunt them down.

Second time around I am even more of a points whore. Get them any place I can get. Hero side has a little advantage because you get 1 or 2 for healing pedistrians. I could as a bad guy, but I don't want my rep to go down.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

InFAMOUS (PS3) Empty
PostSubject: Re: InFAMOUS (PS3)   InFAMOUS (PS3) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 2:18 am

Can't you drain them or something and get like 1 point for that?
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

InFAMOUS (PS3) Empty
PostSubject: Re: InFAMOUS (PS3)   InFAMOUS (PS3) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 2:46 am

When you drain regular people it doesn't give you any points. Only when you drain baddies.

Cool thing about going the bad guy way is you can just unload your electricity at the Reapers or Dustmen, regardless of how it can hurt your karma level if pedestrians are in the way and get blown up.

Not that I really tried to spare them in the first place.

Those karma moments are a breeze now though. Don't have to deal with bullshit helping fools.

Plus, on the side mission, after someone asks me to do shit I kick them down.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

InFAMOUS (PS3) Empty
PostSubject: Re: InFAMOUS (PS3)   InFAMOUS (PS3) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 5:18 am

I honestly don't worry about hitting folks when I'm going after reapers. I mean I don't purposely take them out or anything... but...

Do you get karma points for killing civilians when you go bad? They should... but I guess the mechanic is exactly the same... they change the colour on you.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

InFAMOUS (PS3) Empty
PostSubject: Re: InFAMOUS (PS3)   InFAMOUS (PS3) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 10:11 pm

I got a bit further. I'm on "Hero" status now, and I'm getting closer and closer to the end. Not super close yet, but at the moment I'm totally saving up for the 12000 point electricity upgrade. It better be worth it.
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

InFAMOUS (PS3) Empty
PostSubject: Re: InFAMOUS (PS3)   InFAMOUS (PS3) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 7:14 pm

That was a pain in the arse, waiting for the 12k points. I think it's worth it. The more you use the lightning, your energy started to go back up. Recharge. Totally worth it.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

InFAMOUS (PS3) Empty
PostSubject: Re: InFAMOUS (PS3)   InFAMOUS (PS3) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 7:26 pm

Do you regain health too then? That's bad ass, I want that ability NOW.
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

InFAMOUS (PS3) Empty
PostSubject: Re: InFAMOUS (PS3)   InFAMOUS (PS3) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 7:30 pm

Slowly, but yeah. The more you're firing at people, it starts to rise back up. Let's say you use the grenade type power or whatever, deplete your power/health bar, start shooting lightning like mad, and it will start going back up. Dopeness.

Man, he looks sick InFAMOUS.

When you're high up on buildings, like really really high, do you get a mild vertigo? Hah, I did a few times. There is one level where you have to climb what I assume is the tallest structure in the game. Ugh, it was nerve racking.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

InFAMOUS (PS3) Empty
PostSubject: Re: InFAMOUS (PS3)   InFAMOUS (PS3) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 8:57 pm

No doubt you were more worried about falling and having to start all over again rather than the height. I haven't gotten vertigo yet. I'm shit scared of heights in real, but in the game I love to leap off buildings and just crash down on motherfuckers.
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

InFAMOUS (PS3) Empty
PostSubject: Re: InFAMOUS (PS3)   InFAMOUS (PS3) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 9:31 pm

Oh for sure, frustrating to have to start over.

Falling down and doing the thunder drop movie is awesome. That at max power you feel like Thor's hammer smashing down on the pathetic ordinary people. See, Thor reference. Could be a cool movie. Heh.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

InFAMOUS (PS3) Empty
PostSubject: Re: InFAMOUS (PS3)   InFAMOUS (PS3) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 5:34 am

Thor. I just can't see it.

This is a bad ass game, but I wish it was a little more grounded in reality. It's cool, but I'd love a game with the same kind of game play, but more realistic/human looking enemies and perhaps more realistic attacks.

Just sayin' is all.

I can't wait to finish the game.
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

InFAMOUS (PS3) Empty
PostSubject: Re: InFAMOUS (PS3)   InFAMOUS (PS3) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 4:17 pm

Wonder if an InFAMOUS movie adaptation will get made. Would have to be mega budget. Probably nothing like the game.

The enemies are a little cartoonish, but I can dig on the story on how they turned all wacky. The Dustmen are just dudes in suits. Reapers had that black tar shit make them funky. Then the mysterious third enemy pack of baddies that I don't want to spoil, they are the toughest.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

InFAMOUS (PS3) Empty
PostSubject: Re: InFAMOUS (PS3)   InFAMOUS (PS3) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 6:57 pm

Uwe Boll will probably end up making it.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

InFAMOUS (PS3) Empty
PostSubject: Re: InFAMOUS (PS3)   InFAMOUS (PS3) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 9:03 pm

Okay, so I think I'm just about on the last mission.

That 12,000 point upgrade on the zapper so wasn't worth it!

Some of these missions have really kicked my ass. Got through them eventually though.
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

InFAMOUS (PS3) Empty
PostSubject: Re: InFAMOUS (PS3)   InFAMOUS (PS3) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 11:31 pm

The zapper you need for sure though. I dig it.

Yeah, a few missions were insane. Just kept going, getting tougher, man.

There was one at the prison that had you on these electric fences so you kept getting power. Then these giant conduits come out, one was a boss earlier, but there are several. Man, it was intense.

The final battle is sweet once you get in the groove. Not easy.

Get ready for that final part of the story.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

InFAMOUS (PS3) Empty
PostSubject: Re: InFAMOUS (PS3)   InFAMOUS (PS3) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

InFAMOUS (PS3)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Inrejects :: Arts and Entertainment :: Video Games-
Jump to: