Inrejects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2008 Election General Discussion

Go down 
+2
Whidden
gaboman
6 posters
AuthorMessage
gaboman

gaboman

Number of posts : 9748
Where I am : 台北市
Registration date : 2007-01-23

2008 Election General Discussion Empty
PostSubject: 2008 Election General Discussion   2008 Election General Discussion Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 3:39 am

They had a special on CNN this morning talking about where immigrants stand in the election, and it was really quite insightful. Basically it went on about how some are rushing citizenship tests so they can vote, and that many are very excited at the prospect. But they also interviewed people on the street on how they'll be voting.

To be perfectly honest, they kept the whole thing balanced because I was surprised how many people said they would vote for McCain because of his experience and leadership potential. I seriously thought they may lean towards democrats, being immigrants and all... thought they'd be less inclined to vote republican.

What do I know, though?

However, if you ever see an Chinese person voting Republican I'll almost guarantee you they're Taiwanese. For some reason the republicans are strong supporters of Taiwan.

Umm... well, anyway, this thread's just for general comments and shit on the election.

Last edited by gaboman on Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Whidden

Whidden

Number of posts : 7218
Where I am : THE DARK TOWER
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Election General Discussion   2008 Election General Discussion Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 6:03 pm

Cubans in Florida were overwhelmingly Republican.

Mexicans seem to go democrat.
Back to top Go down
Dekka00

Dekka00

Number of posts : 1251
Where I am : Commonwealth of Virginia
Registration date : 2007-01-27

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Election General Discussion   2008 Election General Discussion Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 9:02 pm

I'm down wit' da Taiwan. Though there's no way in hell I'd vote for McCain/Palin.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Election General Discussion   2008 Election General Discussion Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 9:17 pm

I think it's a case of Republicans not liking to be pushed around by China, where Democrats understand that pissing them off can affect trade and all kinds of things.

I'd hope every immigrant voted Democrat, just to stick it to whitey.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Election General Discussion   2008 Election General Discussion Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 8:01 pm

Colin Powell just put his support behind Obama. That was an interesting turn of events.
Back to top Go down
lodgebo

lodgebo

Number of posts : 524
Where I am : Edinburgh where drink is cheap and women are cheaper
Registration date : 2007-11-20

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Election General Discussion   2008 Election General Discussion Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 10:24 pm

Yeah apparenlty Powell really got stuck into Palin as well.

I noticed an interesting thing in the paper today, Two major UK bookmakers are already paying out to those punters who bet on Obama to win the US election just thought I would mention that because they do say bookmakers are rarely wrong.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Election General Discussion   2008 Election General Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 12:57 am

Why are they paying out already? Because they want to change the odds and can't if they've got bets pending?
Back to top Go down
lodgebo

lodgebo

Number of posts : 524
Where I am : Edinburgh where drink is cheap and women are cheaper
Registration date : 2007-11-20

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Election General Discussion   2008 Election General Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 5:05 am

Nah nothing like that they just hionestly belive that Obama is going to win. Herse the story Paddy power were the first and 2 other have also followed suit in the last few days.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20081017/twl-bookie-pays-out-bets-on-obama-win-3fd0ae9.html
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Election General Discussion   2008 Election General Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 5:36 am

That's amazing.

It does really look like he's going to win (he keeps breaking the record for campaign contributions in a single month - incredible!). You never really know what's going to happen... However at the end of the day I think people are just "sick of it".
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Election General Discussion   2008 Election General Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 10:38 pm

CNN commented this morning that aides for McCain and for Palin are not getting along. The only example I heard had to do with $150,000 worth of clothes that McCain's aides bought for Palin which she didn't want since she didn't choose them herself. She wanted to donate them to charity, I think it said.

Lame, petty kind of shit... but it was on the news, so they must be making noise.

The funny thing is the CNN woman this morning was saying that Obama's and Palin's aides weren't getting along, and I didn't understand... but when the aired the story it was on McCain and Palin.
Back to top Go down
Mr. F

Mr. F

Number of posts : 1216
Where I am : san diego
Registration date : 2007-01-25

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Election General Discussion   2008 Election General Discussion Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 1:02 pm

Palin is having delusions of grandeur. Now that she has been in the political spotlight, she sees herself as the nations president a couple of elections down the line. Step 1- distance herself from future loser McCain. Problem is, she is supposed to be on board with McCain whilst the campaign is still going. Looks like a bit of premature retractulation
Back to top Go down
Lawless

Lawless

Number of posts : 4788
Where I am : SUN Diego

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Election General Discussion   2008 Election General Discussion Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 5:18 pm

Palin scares me. She wants to run our country with, in my opinion, not enough experience. She wants to rewrite our Constitution, to make it so that marriage is ONLY for a man and woman. She just made that comment, last week... and it scares the shit outta me.

Personally, I think that she should go back to Alaska, and play with her Russian neighbors! I don't want her running my country, and more than I'd want Bush in the White House for another term.
Back to top Go down
http://lawlessone23.livejournal.com/
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Election General Discussion   2008 Election General Discussion Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 7:56 pm

It seems that way to me. And unfortunately I think Palin's the wet rag in this election, not McCain. Perhaps a few years Palin could run for president but she's no where near knowledgeable enough, nor does she have enoguh carisma.

Honestly, whenever I hear her talk she always rubs me the wrong way.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Election General Discussion   2008 Election General Discussion Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 8:05 pm

McCain's getting awfully cocky. He's said that he's going to win, and that the polls are wrong.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Election General Discussion   2008 Election General Discussion Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 4:15 am

This is so friggin' funny. Joe McCain calls 911 to complain about traffic.

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhEBy0DFysHl1U2Dj3
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Election General Discussion   2008 Election General Discussion Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 4:20 am

Joe the Plumber isn't really a plumber. I feel so disillusioned Sad

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/17/us/politics/17joe.html
Back to top Go down
Whidden

Whidden

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Election General Discussion   2008 Election General Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2018 9:08 pm

gaboman wrote:
CNN commented this morning that aides for McCain and for Palin are not getting along.  The only example I heard had to do with $150,000 worth of clothes that McCain's aides bought for Palin which she didn't want since she didn't choose them herself. She wanted to donate them to charity, I think it said.

Lame, petty kind of shit... but it was on the news, so they must be making noise.

The funny thing is the CNN woman this morning was saying that Obama's and Palin's aides weren't getting along, and I didn't understand... but when the aired the story it was on McCain and Palin.

yeah man....cnn.

cnn is a ted turner company. ted was in bed with jane fonda. all those years ago. cnn is close to dead now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Us right leaning Americans hate jane fonda.

We hate ted turner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cnn is close to dead in our nation. cnn talks propaganda crap all day long in our country and we don't like it. ted turner took over all our old movies.... he took all our wonderful awesome movies that we had as a nation or a people and Ted/jane fonda spent all the money and then all the movies we loved were then just gone.......

ted turner and his wife jane fonda took all those good great movies.......

she went over to Vietnam and did a happy happy joy town on fighting agaisn't our troops here in the u.s.

ted took over all of are good movies.

ted turner....look that horrible man up. He stole and paid all the old movies.......all the American movies.

yeah man....i remember all those old movies.......tv. showed them.

the best one was "it's a wonderful life".....that one came on the t.v. everyday

everyday when it came on in the winter season...that movie ....yeah...it went beyond some movie......

ted turner and jane fonda spent some money and they said that we could not experience that movie anymore...

wow.... they did do it......NBC did it. They took a wonderful gorgeous thing that was the best movie in the history of creation.

well yeah.... I got netflix. I got all the cable shows. Most important is I got all the youtube people who have all the channnels.

No................................no................................no.........................all that crap don't matter.............

love you guys................

Love is all that matters........but when I as a person try to generate that love....

I'm not God, I cant do it.

I can't do it. God can do it.
Back to top Go down
Whidden

Whidden

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Election General Discussion   2008 Election General Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2018 9:27 pm

ha ha

you guys.... drunk as i tend to be..

but wow man. ted turner and jane fonda threw a giant woven noose around our necks as Americans and paid for and stole all our good movies from us.

Yeah man, if you want to look it up...turner classic movies. Ted and jane paid money for all the good movies in American history. Up to around 1980. there were so many good movies we saw as young Americans....that fuck ted turner and that fuck jane fonda......our movies from those old days were so awesome.......those movies were so wonderful to us.

Yeah.....from my point of view. Just a dude from that time.

Back to top Go down
Whidden

Whidden

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Election General Discussion   2008 Election General Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2018 9:37 pm

Yes... got it.

those good movies of old.

Not aloud to have them anymore. Movies from America, japan, china.

No movies from Germany, France....Spain.

wow man,,, just wow.

All this stuff....I find myself in a David lynch type of show. Just a twin peaks kind of thing thing you know?
Back to top Go down
Whidden

Whidden

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Election General Discussion   2008 Election General Discussion Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 4:35 pm

It's odd for sober whidden to try to figure out what the tar-nation drunk whidden was talking about with these weirdo rants.

What was all that garbage about being in a David Lynch show?

What in the world was I trying to say, lol?
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Election General Discussion   2008 Election General Discussion Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2018 11:02 pm

I just imagine Drunk Whidden with 6 different TVs all showing Fox News on full blast, throwing darts at a picture of Wolf Blitzer, then being asked to leave the Best Buy.

I feel like life is all like a David Lynch movie (or TV series). I get where Drunk Whidden is coming from.
Back to top Go down
Whidden

Whidden

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Election General Discussion   2008 Election General Discussion Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2018 5:22 pm

Drunk Whidden is just rambling off random thoughts about crap and trying to back it up with....some form of LOGIC?

A logic which only drunks possess.

Having said that, old Ted Turner did roll in and steal a lot of good movies, lol.

Sober Whidden hates him too.

Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Election General Discussion   2008 Election General Discussion Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2008 Election General Discussion
Page 1 of 1