Inrejects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Presidential and Vice-Presidential Debates

Go down 
+3
Mr. F
Lawless
gaboman
7 posters
AuthorMessage
gaboman

gaboman

Number of posts : 9748
Where I am : 台北市
Registration date : 2007-01-23

Presidential and Vice-Presidential Debates Empty
PostSubject: Presidential and Vice-Presidential Debates   Presidential and Vice-Presidential Debates Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 10:25 pm

The Vice Presidential debates should be going on this very moment, and are expected to draw more viewers than the Presidential debates. My thought is people mainly want to see Palin crash and burn, but I feel she can probably hold her own.

I completely missed any news on the presidential debate, but I remember the rumours that McCain wouldn't show up for some really random reason (in those few hours that the debate was held, McCain could have saved the economy, fought the Cylons and rescued Princess Leia... but he was wasting all that time talking to Obama).

Any highlights? Funny quotes? Anything of interest?
Back to top Go down
Lawless

Lawless

Number of posts : 4788
Where I am : SUN Diego
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Presidential and Vice-Presidential Debates   Presidential and Vice-Presidential Debates Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 10:30 pm

Palin TOTALLY held her own. She spanked Biden, in my opinion.

I'm a registered Dem.. but I have to say that little by little, I have started questioning a lot. And, if I had to cast my vote right now, I wouldn't be able to decide. I have some serious decisions to make in the next 5 weeks.
Back to top Go down
http://lawlessone23.livejournal.com/
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Presidential and Vice-Presidential Debates   Presidential and Vice-Presidential Debates Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 11:25 pm

From what I read online of the debate, Palin seemed to use a lot of empty rhetoric and sarcasm. Totally sold what she was saying, but included little substance. She did have good retorts to Biden on occasion. I don't know, I just can't swallow her. She's just another right wing nut job. Like Mr. Whidden.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Presidential and Vice-Presidential Debates   Presidential and Vice-Presidential Debates Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 11:26 pm

I like her bit about not accepting gay marriage but being 'tolerant' of people who 'choose' to be homosexual. Her tolerance only extends so far, of course. It sounds more like 'well, I guess I gotta put up with it.'
Back to top Go down
Lawless

Lawless

PostSubject: Re: Presidential and Vice-Presidential Debates   Presidential and Vice-Presidential Debates Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 1:34 am

NEITHER side is all that 'tolerant' of gay marriage. Personally, I'd just rather leave this country. I'm sick of where it's going.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Presidential and Vice-Presidential Debates   Presidential and Vice-Presidential Debates Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 1:54 am

Not sure where democrats stand on it, officially. Thought that they were pretty 'hoo rah for gays and abortions'.
Back to top Go down
Lawless

Lawless

PostSubject: Re: Presidential and Vice-Presidential Debates   Presidential and Vice-Presidential Debates Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 9:52 am

Obama and Biden don't believe in, nor support, gay marriage.

And I just heard that Sarah Palin made the statement that being gay is a CHOICE!

Yeah... I wake up, every single day, and I think to myself... "I think that I'm going to be gay today! I want to be hated by millions for who I love. I want to not be universally accepted for the person that I spend my life with. I want to have people judge me." Yeah... that's it, it's a choice.
Back to top Go down
Mr. F

Mr. F

Number of posts : 1216
Where I am : san diego
Registration date : 2007-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Presidential and Vice-Presidential Debates   Presidential and Vice-Presidential Debates Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 12:53 pm

The Biggest thing Biden has going for him is Palins accent. On the occasion when she does have something intelligent and incisive to say , she still ends up sounding like a ditz. Kind of a cute version of John Madden
Back to top Go down
Dekka00

Dekka00

Number of posts : 1251
Where I am : Commonwealth of Virginia
Registration date : 2007-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Presidential and Vice-Presidential Debates   Presidential and Vice-Presidential Debates Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 9:43 pm

she talks like a Canuck.
Back to top Go down
Lawless

Lawless

PostSubject: Re: Presidential and Vice-Presidential Debates   Presidential and Vice-Presidential Debates Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 9:48 pm

Dekka, I said the SAME DAMN THING, last night, to my mom. Then I said.. "I wish that she'd say the word, Canuck." Mom said, "What's that?!" LOL
Back to top Go down
fuscia

fuscia

Number of posts : 2304
Where I am : INSane Diego

PostSubject: Re: Presidential and Vice-Presidential Debates   Presidential and Vice-Presidential Debates Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 11:12 pm

Palin did better than expected, but I thought she came off as snarky, and next to Biden, she was outclassed and out of her league intellectually.

She sounds like the cow from Wisconsin on the California Cheese commericals don't cha no.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sherryzod.etsy.com
Whidden

Whidden

Number of posts : 7218
Where I am : THE DARK TOWER

PostSubject: Re: Presidential and Vice-Presidential Debates   Presidential and Vice-Presidential Debates Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 9:55 am

Back to top Go down
Mr. F

Mr. F

PostSubject: Re: Presidential and Vice-Presidential Debates   Presidential and Vice-Presidential Debates Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 10:09 pm

Ya. I think the blonde on the right is on that Reba show dont cha no
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Presidential and Vice-Presidential Debates   Presidential and Vice-Presidential Debates Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 2:57 am

fuscia wrote:
...but I thought she came off as snarky...

I was trying to think of the right word for it, but I think you nailed it with 'snarky'.
Back to top Go down
Mr. F

Mr. F

PostSubject: Re: Presidential and Vice-Presidential Debates   Presidential and Vice-Presidential Debates Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 12:22 pm

An hour after the debate Tom Brokaw was commenting on how one-sided it was. ''I bet the Democrats are glad there is only one VP debate.'' What debate was he watching? Blatant biased coverage was all over fox news as well. This is why I get my political news from fox soccer channel- its relatively unbiased
Back to top Go down
Schmiggens

Schmiggens

Number of posts : 1397
Where I am : 'Straylia
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Presidential and Vice-Presidential Debates   Presidential and Vice-Presidential Debates Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 6:48 am

Back to top Go down
Dekka00

Dekka00

Number of posts : 1251
Where I am : Commonwealth of Virginia
Registration date : 2007-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Presidential and Vice-Presidential Debates   Presidential and Vice-Presidential Debates Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 7:25 am

hahah so funny.

politicians just keep saying the same thing over and over to get it echoing in someone's head, like that "badger, badger, badger, mushroom" video
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Presidential and Vice-Presidential Debates   Presidential and Vice-Presidential Debates Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Presidential and Vice-Presidential Debates
Page 1 of 1