Inrejects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

George Takei and partner plan to wed in September

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
gaboman

gaboman

Number of posts : 9748
Where I am : 台北市
Registration date : 2007-01-23

George Takei and partner plan to wed in September Empty
PostSubject: George Takei and partner plan to wed in September   George Takei and partner plan to wed in September Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 8:44 pm

By MICHAEL WEINFELD, Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON - George Takei, best known for playing Sulu on "Star Trek," will never forget the first time he saw Brad Altman, the man he plans to marry, more than two decades ago.

They were working out in a running club and he couldn't take his eyes off Altman, who had a "lean, tightly muscled" body, the 71-year-old actor told AP Radio in an interview.

Takei said he asked Altman to help him train for a marathon, they fell in love, and now they've been living together for 21 years.

Altman said he proposed by getting down on one knee in their kitchen while Takei was eating a sandwich after seeing on TV that the California Supreme Court had legalized same-sex marriage. It surprised Takei, who thought he would be the one who popped the question.

They bought each other turquoise and silver wedding rings.

Takei and Altman plan to marry Sept. 14 in the Democracy Forum at the Japanese National Museum in Los Angeles.

Walter Koenig, who played Chekov in "Star Trek," will be the best man and Nichelle Nichols, who played Uhura, will be the matron of honor. Castmate Leonard Nimoy will be among the 200 guests, but probably not William Shatner. Takei has said Shatner didn't treat him and most of the cast very well.

Takei, who had a recurring role on NBC's "Heroes" last year, and Altman plan to honeymoon for a month in South America.

As for what they'll wear on their big day, Altman said they'll both walk down the aisle in white tuxedoes, which seemed to catch Takei off-guard.

"Well, now that you've announced it on the air, I guess it's settled," he said.
Back to top Go down
Illuminate

Illuminate

Number of posts : 1097
Where I am : In my vivid imagination
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: George Takei and partner plan to wed in September   George Takei and partner plan to wed in September Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 12:35 pm

Aww good for them. And good for not inviting Shatner. He's an ass.
Back to top Go down
Dekka00

Dekka00

Number of posts : 1251
Where I am : Commonwealth of Virginia
Registration date : 2007-01-27

PostSubject: Re: George Takei and partner plan to wed in September   George Takei and partner plan to wed in September Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 9:08 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: George Takei and partner plan to wed in September   George Takei and partner plan to wed in September Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1