Inrejects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

WHIDDEN!!!! Dark Tower Series!!! Film and TV show!!!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sierradaddy

Sierradaddy

Number of posts : 237
Where I am : Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Registration date : 2007-02-12

WHIDDEN!!!! Dark Tower Series!!! Film and TV show!!!! Empty
PostSubject: WHIDDEN!!!! Dark Tower Series!!! Film and TV show!!!!   WHIDDEN!!!! Dark Tower Series!!! Film and TV show!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2015 5:48 pm

I thought Mr. Whidden would like to know this important news...

http://deadline.com/2015/04/dark-tower-movie-tv-series-stephen-king-sony-mrc-1201407880/

Ron Howard is being looked at for director. What say you, Whidden? Good thing? Bad thing?
Back to top Go down
Whidden

Whidden

Number of posts : 7218
Where I am : THE DARK TOWER
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: Re: WHIDDEN!!!! Dark Tower Series!!! Film and TV show!!!!   WHIDDEN!!!! Dark Tower Series!!! Film and TV show!!!! Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2015 6:48 pm

Yes, my friend, I am very excited about the project.

It's so ingrained in my being, that I am happy to have a movie about it.

I have some doubt about Ron Howard and his directing abilities, I have seen good movies and some real horrible turds from him.

However!!! He seems to be a huge fan of the books, and I think he will do everything in his power to make them good.

He may fail big time or do awesome.

I hope he does it some justice!!!!

---Whid
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

Number of posts : 9748
Where I am : 台北市
Registration date : 2007-01-23

PostSubject: Re: WHIDDEN!!!! Dark Tower Series!!! Film and TV show!!!!   WHIDDEN!!!! Dark Tower Series!!! Film and TV show!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 8:50 pm

Is.... is it still happening? Does that mean I really won't need to read the books? I'm kind of relieved...
Back to top Go down
Whidden

Whidden

PostSubject: Re: WHIDDEN!!!! Dark Tower Series!!! Film and TV show!!!!   WHIDDEN!!!! Dark Tower Series!!! Film and TV show!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2015 7:29 pm

The books are good Gabo.

You just got to get your Western on.

And some hope for an unhappy ending.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: WHIDDEN!!!! Dark Tower Series!!! Film and TV show!!!!   WHIDDEN!!!! Dark Tower Series!!! Film and TV show!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 11:11 pm

I honestly don't have much time for much reading other than comics. They're quick and easy. It doesn't bother me as much if the kids interrupt me when I'm reading them. I don't think I've read a novel in over a year.

Why read the books when I can watch the film and TV show? I mean it was originally announced probably 10 years ago but it's going to happen, right?
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: WHIDDEN!!!! Dark Tower Series!!! Film and TV show!!!!   WHIDDEN!!!! Dark Tower Series!!! Film and TV show!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 11:52 pm

According to this, the movie's coming January 13th, 2017. That's a year and a half away. Not too long.
Back to top Go down
Whidden

Whidden

PostSubject: Re: WHIDDEN!!!! Dark Tower Series!!! Film and TV show!!!!   WHIDDEN!!!! Dark Tower Series!!! Film and TV show!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2015 7:00 pm

The link scared me, it was Dark Tower in the middle of giant turd remakes and sequels.

No No No No No No No No No No No No No No

Resident evil 6

bad boys 3

underworld 5

WTF?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: WHIDDEN!!!! Dark Tower Series!!! Film and TV show!!!!   WHIDDEN!!!! Dark Tower Series!!! Film and TV show!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2015 6:48 am

To be fair, that sums up about 95% of movies now. If you'd told me a couple of years ago that Mad Max 4 was going to be good I'd have told you to get lost.
Back to top Go down
Whidden

Whidden

PostSubject: Re: WHIDDEN!!!! Dark Tower Series!!! Film and TV show!!!!   WHIDDEN!!!! Dark Tower Series!!! Film and TV show!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2015 7:37 pm

I have had several people at work tell me that Mad Max 4 was awesome.

I had a "whatever" moment, and thought of Mad Max 3 Thunderdome.

Could not believe that 4 was any good. My belief system might be wrong.

I will check out part 4, as everyone says it's good. Smile
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: WHIDDEN!!!! Dark Tower Series!!! Film and TV show!!!!   WHIDDEN!!!! Dark Tower Series!!! Film and TV show!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2015 9:02 pm

I haven't seen it either but I haven't heard a bad word about it yet.
Back to top Go down
Whidden

Whidden

PostSubject: Re: WHIDDEN!!!! Dark Tower Series!!! Film and TV show!!!!   WHIDDEN!!!! Dark Tower Series!!! Film and TV show!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2015 7:14 pm

People are using it in references at work, and I ask if they are talking about Mel Gibson and the 70's/80's, and then they give me a blank stare like I'm ****ing crazy.

Then, of course....

I just ask "what the **** are you talking about?"

Then they get cool and explain how they want to run some dude over at work with an all wheel terrain truck.

It really did happen to me yesterday. They used the Mad Max reference.

So, to hide my oldness, I changed the subject to what they wanted and agreed that the guy we were talking about had a giant set of monster tires and monster engine running him over coming to him.

And yes, the fellow we were talking about is a giant grade A turd head. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: WHIDDEN!!!! Dark Tower Series!!! Film and TV show!!!!   WHIDDEN!!!! Dark Tower Series!!! Film and TV show!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2015 4:13 am

You shoulda brought up the Tina Turner song from Beyond Thunderdome.

Mad Max movies have always seemed a little cheesy to me. Like they're enjoyable and all, but it's like Baz Luhrmann movies. Yanks love them for some reason but Australians seem to recognize the style as half-assed Aussie editing/directing and those movies just annoy me. Mad Max has a lot of the same problems.

The new one is probably okay. I don't know how many Australians there are in the new one yet. I'll get around to it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WHIDDEN!!!! Dark Tower Series!!! Film and TV show!!!!   WHIDDEN!!!! Dark Tower Series!!! Film and TV show!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WHIDDEN!!!! Dark Tower Series!!! Film and TV show!!!!
Page 1 of 1