Inrejects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Zynga releases new game, Pop-upVille

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Whidden

Whidden

Number of posts : 7218
Where I am : THE DARK TOWER
Registration date : 2007-01-24

Zynga releases new game, Pop-upVille Empty
PostSubject: Zynga releases new game, Pop-upVille   Zynga releases new game, Pop-upVille Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 1:23 pm

The game will feature helpful pop up messages, that help the player when they first log into the game.
The 1st pop up will notify the player they have won 10 coins in a daily lottery.
The 2cd pop up will notify the player that they have several gifts waiting for them in the gift box, sent by other players.
The 3rd pop up will ask players to check out the super cool and fun Zynga game, Mafia Wars and/or Fishville.
The 4th pop up will let players know that new decorations are available in the market place.
The 5th pop up will explain that other players helped you with your game during the night, doing odd jobs for you, and will you please thank them.
The 6th pop up will inform you that a little black cat needs adopting, if you will only post it to your facebook wall.
The 7th pop up will ask if you would like to buy some fuel with Zynga Cash, via pay pal, visa, mastercard.
The 8th pop up will ask you if you would like to go to your neighbors Pop-upVille and click on pop ups to help them out.

No one is sure of what game play is really like, as no one has reached game play yet. But Thomas Anderson, a Pop-upVille player from Chicago who reached level 2306 in the game, (which was a pop up informing him that game was out of sync with the server and to please click the OK button) is very excited about the game.

"I have over 7000 dollars in Zynga cash, and 200 strength points, so when I do reach game play, I will be one strong son of a *****!" said Anderson.

Last edited by Whidden on Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mr. F

Mr. F

Number of posts : 1216
Where I am : san diego
Registration date : 2007-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Zynga releases new game, Pop-upVille   Zynga releases new game, Pop-upVille Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 7:44 pm

You sure its a new game................... sounds kinda familiar
Back to top Go down
Whidden

Whidden

PostSubject: Re: Zynga releases new game, Pop-upVille   Zynga releases new game, Pop-upVille Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 8:16 pm

Sigmund Whitebeard, the architect and creator of Pop-upVille, says the game is about choice.

"We give the player the choice" said Whitebeard, "of clicking a green OK button, which gets rid of the pop up, or they can click the red X button, which will get rid of the pop up. Choice is the key to Pop-upVille, as it empowers the players."
Back to top Go down
Whidden

Whidden

PostSubject: Re: Zynga releases new game, Pop-upVille   Zynga releases new game, Pop-upVille Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 8:40 pm

Argile Smith, who is in the top 100 Pop-upVille players, is gunning for Thomas Anderson, the top rated player.

"Anderson has moved up faster than anyone else.", said Smith. "I won't say that he actually cheated with the game, but I suspect he bent a few rules. He is number one right now, but there are several of us who plan to take him out. It's inevitable."
Back to top Go down
Whidden

Whidden

PostSubject: Re: Zynga releases new game, Pop-upVille   Zynga releases new game, Pop-upVille Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 8:55 pm

Zynga admits code in new game is flawed.

Pop-upville creator Sigmund Whitebeard admitted today that the base code for Pop-upVille, the new facebook game from Zynga, is flawed.

"It's an unchecked, unbalanced system error that is wreaking havoc with even the simplest pop ups within the game," he said. "I will attempt to backup the code from the source file, and reboot the system. If this doesn't fix the problem, there may be some aberrations during game play we will have to live with."

When pressed on what these problems might look like, Whitebeard would not answer, except to explain that there were certain levels of game play bugginess that he was prepared to accept.

Last edited by Whidden on Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dekka00

Dekka00

Number of posts : 1251
Where I am : Commonwealth of Virginia
Registration date : 2007-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Zynga releases new game, Pop-upVille   Zynga releases new game, Pop-upVille Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 9:25 am

As long as this game exists, the human race will never be free!
Back to top Go down
Whidden

Whidden

PostSubject: Re: Zynga releases new game, Pop-upVille   Zynga releases new game, Pop-upVille Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 11:38 am

Agreed. This game is nothing more than a form of Spam.
Back to top Go down
Whidden

Whidden

PostSubject: Re: Zynga releases new game, Pop-upVille   Zynga releases new game, Pop-upVille Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 12:06 pm

Pop-upVille bought out by rival company.

Seraph industries, a leader in the sale of Gold, has teamed with it's sister company, Oracle Software Incorporated, to
purchase a controlling share in Zynga's Pop-upVille.
"The game is very successful," said Collin Chou Vice President of Marketing. "We hope to integrate ad based revenue into Pop-upVille's business model, making every 5th pop up a informative advertisement from Seraph Industries explaining why paper dominated assets are no substitute for the time proven inflation hedge that is gold and silver numismatic coins/bullion. Secure your future, Secure your capital, Buy GOLD!!!"

Chou then said that each Gold Ad pop up will also display a small avatar of former White House Plumbers Unit operative and Radio talk show host, G. Gordon Liddy.

Other ads will also be used on every 3rd pop up, from established American brands like Kellogg's Frosty Flakes, General Mill's Tastey Wheat, and Post's Banana Nut Crunch.
Back to top Go down
Whidden

Whidden

PostSubject: Re: Zynga releases new game, Pop-upVille   Zynga releases new game, Pop-upVille Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 8:52 pm

Pop-upVille replication error.

Argile Smith, former top 100 player of Seraphs Industries Pop-upVille (formerly owned by Zynga), seems to be the source of a widespread Type 14 inbounce replication error.

While attempting to save changes during game play, Smith's account somehow overwrote certain safety features within the code, resulting in a slow but steady shell rewrite of other users profiles. Thousands of Pop-upVille users logged in this morning to find cloned accounts, with their user profile information now the same as Smiths.

"This could be the death nail for the game", said Brown Jones, a software/gaming insider. "The game has been buggy all along, frustrated by failure, but now with Smith's profile taking over other users, no one will be able to play the game, and I think the system will probably fail before that happens anyway. The players of the game were given to much choice. Between picking the red X to close the pop up and the green OK button to close the pop up. This left sums and remainders, and remainders of sums, and I won't get to complex, but let's just say that it made for some bad math in the system and most predict the game will suffer a cataclysmic system crash."
Back to top Go down
Whidden

Whidden

PostSubject: Re: Zynga releases new game, Pop-upVille   Zynga releases new game, Pop-upVille Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2018 9:13 pm

Pop up ville has been dead for years now. It's seems I can see the future. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zynga releases new game, Pop-upVille   Zynga releases new game, Pop-upVille Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1