Inrejects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Attempted Terror Attacks Across the UK

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
gaboman

gaboman

Number of posts : 9748
Where I am : 台北市
Registration date : 2007-01-23

Attempted Terror Attacks Across the UK Empty
PostSubject: Attempted Terror Attacks Across the UK   Attempted Terror Attacks Across the UK Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 12:55 am

Quote :
Police question suspects as Britain stays on maximum alert
by Prashant Rao
Sun Jul 1, 9:26 PM ET

LONDON (AFP) - British police were questioning Monday suspects involved in three failed terror attacks and hunting for others involved in the Al-Qaeda-linked attempted car bombings that have put the country on maximum alert.

Police have so far detained five people in connection with the discovery Friday of two Mercedes cars laden with gas canisters and nails in London's entertainment district and the blazing jeep that rammed into Glasgow airport's main airport on Saturday.

Home Secretary Jacqui Smith, on the job less than week, was due to give an update on the investigation to MPs in the lower House of Commons later on Monday.

Prime Minister Gordon Brown, who himself only succeeded Tony Blair on Wednesday, told the BBC on Sunday: "It is clear that we are dealing in general terms with people who are associated with Al-Qaeda in a number of incidents that have happened across the world."
Quote :
British police seek more suspects over bomb plots
By Peter Graff
Sun Jul 1, 7:02 PM ET

GLASGOW (Reuters) - British police were hunting on Monday for accomplices of suspected militants who rammed a burning jeep into a Scottish airport and tried to detonate two car bombs in central London.

A police source said a manhunt was under way for an unspecified number of suspects after five people were arrested at the weekend. All five detained were thought to be foreigners, the source said.

Britain's top-selling Sun newspaper identified one of those detained as an Iranian doctor who worked at North Staffordshire Hospital in central England. A spokeswoman at the hospital declined to comment on the case and police would not identify those detained.

British Prime Minister Gordon Brown, facing a difficult test in his first few days in office, said those behind the botched attacks were associated with al Qaeda.
Quote :
British police conduct raids across U.K.
By ROB HARRIS, Associated Press Writer

GLASGOW, Scotland - British officials intensified the hunt Sunday for what they called an al-Qaida-linked network behind three attempted terrorist attacks, announcing a fifth arrest and conducting pinpoint raids across a country on its highest level of alert.

Prime Minister Gordon Brown said "it is clear that we are dealing, in general terms, with people who are associated with al-Qaida." He warned Britons that the threat would be "long-term and sustained" but said the country would not cowed by the plot targeting London and Glasgow's airport.

"We will not yield, we will not be intimidated and we will not allow anyone to undermine our British way of life," he said in a nationally televised interview.
Back to top Go down
Whidden

Whidden

Number of posts : 7218
Where I am : THE DARK TOWER
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Attempted Terror Attacks Across the UK   Attempted Terror Attacks Across the UK Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 4:03 pm

Glad the Princess Di deal went down without a hitch.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Attempted Terror Attacks Across the UK   Attempted Terror Attacks Across the UK Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 10:56 pm

True that, if these terrorist guys had even half a brain among them that'd probably be a prime spot to target.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Attempted Terror Attacks Across the UK   Attempted Terror Attacks Across the UK Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2007 10:22 pm

I seriously want a british politician, particularly the Prime Minister, to come out and say "Fuck you, al Qaeda." If an Australian going for the Prime Minister-ship were to say that during a press conference, I'd vote for them.
Back to top Go down
fuscia

fuscia

Number of posts : 2304
Where I am : INSane Diego

PostSubject: Re: Attempted Terror Attacks Across the UK   Attempted Terror Attacks Across the UK Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2007 11:39 am

You know, I'd be happy to hear an American running for office say it as well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sherryzod.etsy.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Attempted Terror Attacks Across the UK   Attempted Terror Attacks Across the UK Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Attempted Terror Attacks Across the UK
Page 1 of 1