Inrejects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2007 Acacemy Awards

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Illuminate

Illuminate

Number of posts : 1097
Where I am : In my vivid imagination
Registration date : 2007-02-01

2007 Acacemy Awards Empty
PostSubject: 2007 Acacemy Awards   2007 Acacemy Awards Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2007 5:41 pm

Complete list of winners at the 79th annual Academy Awards, presented Sunday night at the Kodak Theatre in Los Angeles:

Best Motion Picture: ''The Departed''

Lead Actor: Forest Whitaker, ''The Last King of Scotland''

Lead Actress: Helen Mirren, ''The Queen''

Supporting Actor: Alan Arkin, ''Little Miss Sunshine''

Supporting Actress: Jennifer Hudson, ''Dreamgirls''

Directing: Martin Scorsese, ''The Departed''

Foreign Language Film: ''The Lives of Others,'' Germany

Adapted Screenplay: William Monahan, ''The Departed''

Original Screenplay: Michael Arndt, ''Little Miss Sunshine''

Animated Feature Film: ''Happy Feet''

Art Direction: ''Pan's Labyrinth''

Cinematography: ''Pan's Labyrinth''

Sound Mixing: ''Dreamgirls''

Sound Editing: ''Letters From Iwo Jima''

Original Score: ''Babel,'' Gustavo Santaolalla

Original Song: ''I Need to Wake Up'' from ''An Inconvenient Truth,'' Melissa
Etheridge

Costume: ''Marie Antoinette''

Documentary Feature: ''An Inconvenient Truth''

Documentary Short Subject: ''The Blood of Yingzhou District''

Film Editing: ''The Departed''

Makeup: ''Pan's Labyrinth''

Animated Short Film: ''The Danish Poet''

Live Action Short Film: ''West Bank Story''

Visual Effects: ''Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest''

———

Jean Hersholt Award (Oscar statuette): Sherry Lansing.

Honorary Academy Award (Oscar statuette): Ennio Morricone.
Back to top Go down
Illuminate

Illuminate

PostSubject: Re: 2007 Acacemy Awards   2007 Acacemy Awards Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2007 5:45 pm

I'm so glad martin scorsese finally won. it's about damn time.
i'm so glad the departed won best picture, it was an awesome movie and it totally deserved it (babel, did not. thank goodness it didn't win).

Forest and Helen, totally deserved it, those were my picks.

yay for alan arkin, i loved him and he was my pick.

Jennifer hudson.... um okay whatever. I can see a golden globe but an oscar? i dunno about that. Adriana Baraza or whatever deserved it WAY more.

I can't believe pan's labrinth didn't win best foreign. angry. yay for both screenplay winners.

ellen - coulda done WAY better. try taking some risks. it was too safe and unfunny. and what's the deal with the shadow dancers? booooring.
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

Number of posts : 6497
Where I am : Off the deep end
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: Re: 2007 Acacemy Awards   2007 Acacemy Awards Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2007 5:49 pm

That part about Hudson not getting voted on by America and Gore was voted on by America was classic.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
Sierradaddy

Sierradaddy

Number of posts : 237
Where I am : Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Registration date : 2007-02-12

PostSubject: Re: 2007 Acacemy Awards   2007 Acacemy Awards Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2007 7:37 pm

I thought so too, HECK.

Also, I'm a little disappointed that Alan Arkin won, even though I didn't see Little Miss Sunshine. I mean, I know he's a quality actor and all, but I haven't even seen Blood Diamond, and after just seeing the previews, I was all for Djimon Hounsou to win best supporting actor. I've loved that guy's intensity since Amistad.

"Give us, us free!!!"
Back to top Go down
Lawless

Lawless

Number of posts : 4788
Where I am : SUN Diego

PostSubject: Re: 2007 Acacemy Awards   2007 Acacemy Awards Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2007 11:51 am

I liked the Academy Awards this year... because they kept the speeches to 45 seconds. There weren't a ton of people, drooning on, and on, and on, forever. So, that was a HUGE plus this year. Also, starting them earlier, so that the east coast people aren't up at 3am to see the best awards, was a great choice. Still, there were some awards that I was like, "Who cares!? Get on with the big ones!" Still, I was happy.

I liked Ellen. Sure, she played it "Safe" but she still did a GREAT job. I watched her show, yesterday, all about the awards, and what she went through for them. She put a lot of work into it. I was moved when she broke down in tears... she was totally emotional yesterday. I loved when Ellen gave Martin a screenplay... that was cute. And then, Clint Eastwood asked her if she had one for him, and the whole picture ordeal. He doesn't pose for pictures, so that was a huge deal to happen.

SOOOOOOOOO glad that Helen Miren won for her role in The Queen. She's a brilliantly amazing actress, and I fell in love with her when she portrayed Chris in Calendar Girls. And, since she's been nominated, I've learned more about her acting years, in Britan, and everything. She's a really nice lady, and she's worked her ass off. So, she deserved it.

Wasn't so hot on Alan Arkin winning the supporting role. Little Miss Sunshine was great... and he cracked me up. But, he's dead half-way through the movie, and I just wonder if there was someone else who should have got this award, like Eddie Murphy. But still, Alan did great in his role.

I was happy for Martin winning an award, but I've yet to see, "The Departed" I am waiting to see if Shannon is able to get it, for me, today, at Blockbuster. I really have been wanting to see it, but I haven't seen any movies, at the theatre, in awhile. The only movie that I did see, because I JUST HAD TO, was Happy Feet. Smile I haven't been to a theatre in November, and before that, it was months as well.

I was happy to see Forrest Witaker take the best actor catagory. He was up against some great competition... but he did deserve it. And he's so wonderfully humble too. I like that guy, a lot.

I was happy to see Jennifer Hudson win supporting. Take that, Simon Cowell, and shove it where the sun don't shine. He thought that she would be nothing... and look at her now! The girl CAN sing, and she did an amazing job in her role. It was deserved.
Back to top Go down
http://lawlessone23.livejournal.com/
HECK!

HECK!

PostSubject: Re: 2007 Acacemy Awards   2007 Acacemy Awards Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2007 12:07 pm

Jon Stewart did a better job last year. Ellen seemed really hacky. The vacuum thing was lame.

Her jokes on stage were good. Basically everything on stage was nails. The stuff in the crowd was kind of amatuer.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
Lawless

Lawless

PostSubject: Re: 2007 Acacemy Awards   2007 Acacemy Awards Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2007 12:31 pm

I liked the vacuum thing, and thought that everyone else did too. It was different, and cute. It doesn't always need to be the same things.
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

PostSubject: Re: 2007 Acacemy Awards   2007 Acacemy Awards Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2007 12:34 pm

Maybe for the Golden Globes or Emmy's. Seemed hacky. People went with it, but when the camera is on what are you gonna do?

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
Lawless

Lawless

PostSubject: Re: 2007 Acacemy Awards   2007 Acacemy Awards Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2007 12:47 pm

Well, it was Ellen's first time, and she was sooooo nervous.
Still, I think that she did a good job.
All of the actors, afterwards, were asked, as they were leaving, what they thought of Ellen's job hosting this year. Everyone was so pleasantly pleased with her.
Besides, she's Ellen... she's quarky like that. If you watched her show, you would know that it's just like that. She was herself, and that is what was important.
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

PostSubject: Re: 2007 Acacemy Awards   2007 Acacemy Awards Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2007 12:57 pm

I've seen her show and think it's pretty funny. But a daytime chatfest is a whole lot different from the Oscars. Still, she was better than David Letterman. But she was no Billy Crystal.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
Lawless

Lawless

PostSubject: Re: 2007 Acacemy Awards   2007 Acacemy Awards Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2007 1:16 pm

Oh, don't get me wrong... she wasn't anywhere as funny as Billy Crystal. I still remember the Academy opening where he was in the different movies, and changed up the lines, etc... That was the best. Still, I think that Ellen did a good job. I didn't find her boring, I guess, is what I'm trying to say.

She had some very funny lines, like when she was talking about the young girl from "Little Miss Sunshine" and about how she was just happy to be here, and then made a little comment to Peter O'Toole. That was funny.

What did everyone think about Jack Nicholson and that bald head of his? I know that it's for an upcoming role that he's got... but it was strange to see.
My mom did ask me why he's ALWAYS wearing sunglasses, inside. It bothers her. To me, it's just Jack.
Back to top Go down
Illuminate

Illuminate

PostSubject: Re: 2007 Acacemy Awards   2007 Acacemy Awards Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2007 3:06 pm

Yeah, jack plays some terminally ill patient in his movie or something. ... maybe it's a dying Daddy Warbucks role, i dunno.

And why does he get to announce the best picture award two years in a row? and why does jack ALWAYS get a front row seat? Even if he's not in any movies that year? It's amazing how much pull Jack has in hollywood. I guess he IS mr. hollywood, BUT STILL! Even Steven Speilberg had a middle seat!

That photo deal with ellen, steven and clint was hilarious. when she told steve to take another photo and center it, i almost exploded. that's just like me.

I just wish she would have put a funnier spin on her hosting duties. Even Jon Stewart had a funny intro didn't he? Ellen just walked in. She coulda danced in, she coulda been quarky, nope, she just walked in, WEARING VELVET!? what was THAT about? You're at the OSCARS, not an oprah sleepover party!

She did have some funny moments though, I just wish she would have brought in more comedy. Maybe I was just expecting too much since Billy Crystal always delivered. But he said he's not doing it ever again. So who else would be a good host?

NOT DAVID LETTERMAN AGAIN.
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

PostSubject: Re: 2007 Acacemy Awards   2007 Acacemy Awards Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2007 3:27 pm

Will Farrell would be awesome.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
Lawless

Lawless

PostSubject: Re: 2007 Acacemy Awards   2007 Acacemy Awards Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2007 5:27 pm

Will Farrel might just be offered the hosting in the next couple years. Who knows!!! He and Jack Black were funny. I loved when they were singing, and making fun of others, and Jack got to Marc Walberg and didn't mess with him. Too funny.
Back to top Go down
Sierradaddy

Sierradaddy

PostSubject: Re: 2007 Acacemy Awards   2007 Acacemy Awards Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2007 5:41 pm

"Mark Wahlberg! Actually, I'm not gonna mess with you, cuz you're actually kinda badass..."
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

PostSubject: Re: 2007 Acacemy Awards   2007 Acacemy Awards Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2007 5:57 pm

That had me rollin'. Will Farrell is just pure comedy to me. I can't help but laugh at that dude no matter what.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
Illuminate

Illuminate

PostSubject: Re: 2007 Acacemy Awards   2007 Acacemy Awards Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2007 6:18 pm

I started laughing as soon as he came on stage. What's the fro? that's HILARIOUS! He looks like the guy Lawless found on the mile of men.

I admit, that musical number with Will, Jack and John was comedy. I love John C. Reily.
Back to top Go down
Lawless

Lawless

PostSubject: Re: 2007 Acacemy Awards   2007 Acacemy Awards Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2007 8:47 pm

Sierradaddy wrote:
"Mark Wahlberg! Actually, I'm not gonna mess with you, cuz you're actually kinda badass..."

That's it... that was funny as hell. And they panned the camera on Mark and he was all nodding, and lipping something like, "That's right... thank you!"
Back to top Go down
Lawless

Lawless

PostSubject: Re: 2007 Acacemy Awards   2007 Acacemy Awards Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2007 8:48 pm

Illuminate wrote:
I started laughing as soon as he came on stage. What's the fro? that's HILARIOUS! He looks like the guy Lawless found on the mile of men.

I admit, that musical number with Will, Jack and John was comedy. I love John C. Reily.

OMG, the fro... I didn't know that his hair was that big. Don't know if it's like that for a movie, or just for the academy stint that they did. But, it was hysterical. Had me bustin' my gut (just about).

And you're right... it did look like that guy from Mile of Men!!!! afro
Back to top Go down
Sierradaddy

Sierradaddy

PostSubject: Re: 2007 Acacemy Awards   2007 Acacemy Awards Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2007 8:43 am

You listen to the words about how the comedians never win an Oscar, and how they're lonely, sad and alcoholic, and then Eddie Murphy doesn't win best supporting, and he leaves the Oscars before Jennifer Hudson and Beyonce performed...
Back to top Go down
Lawless

Lawless

PostSubject: Re: 2007 Acacemy Awards   2007 Acacemy Awards Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2007 10:25 am

OMG, I didn't know that he left because he didn't win!!!
That's pretty pathetic, in my opinion! Spoiled sport.
It is a HUGE honor to just be nominated.
I can't remember who it was that was being interviewed.... it was a few days before the Academy Awards. Anyway, the interviewer asked what changes when you get nominated (not win... just nominated) and they responded with: You no longer have to audition. Roles are given to you. And you get a payraise.

Oh yes... it was: William H Macy, and he was on Ellen's show. After he was nominated, for an academy award, because of his role in Fargo, everything changed for him.

So, what I'm trying to say is that Eddie needs to suck it up and realize that he received a HUGE honor in being nominated, and that he was recognized as giving one of the FIVE top performances. Sheesh... that's awesome, in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Illuminate

Illuminate

PostSubject: Re: 2007 Acacemy Awards   2007 Acacemy Awards Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2007 1:13 pm

Eh it's Eddie Murphy. I don't like him, and I don't really think he's that funny. He has always seemed so pompous and him leaving early just proves it. The least he could have done was waited until the girls performed - maybe SUPPORTED them. Whatever. he's a tool.

I saw that interview on Ellen with william h. macy, Lawless. I love him. He's so great in the movies he's in.
Back to top Go down
Lawless

Lawless

PostSubject: Re: 2007 Acacemy Awards   2007 Acacemy Awards Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2007 1:38 pm

Right, it really showed what he's made of by walking out.
And you're more than right... he should have showed support for the girls. JERK!

Yes, William H Macy is a great guy, and actor. I just really like him.
Back to top Go down
Illuminate

Illuminate

PostSubject: Re: 2007 Acacemy Awards   2007 Acacemy Awards Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2007 1:48 pm

That Wild Hogs movie looks hilarious. I just hope it's not one of those movies that showed all the funny parts in the commercials. I hate when they do that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2007 Acacemy Awards   2007 Acacemy Awards Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2007 Acacemy Awards
Page 1 of 1