Inrejects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

WWE 2K16

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
White Tiger

White Tiger

Number of posts : 586
Where I am : Portsmouth, Hampshire
Registration date : 2007-11-20

WWE 2K16 Empty
PostSubject: WWE 2K16   WWE 2K16 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2016 1:44 pm

This is the lastest of the WWE's games and the first one I've had on next-gen consoles. Unfortunately its hit and miss. It's got a great roster that can be unlocked, a lot of move, and good create a wrestler mode and looks great. Gameplay is where its a let down at the moment.

The sumbission mode has been changed so that instead of button mashing you play a keep away game with the right analogue stick chasing different coloured blocks around in a circle trying to get the red one in the blue long enough for the wrestler to submit. Problem is you cant really catch it, and you have to litterally circle the analogue stick to chase it, you cant just point it in one direction and expect the block to keep rotating. It's very difficult to do and renders submissions largely worthless to gameplay - so you end up avoiding submission matches like the plague.

Then there's the targeting system which doesn't work. On automatic it changes target whenever it feels like so you have no control over who you're facing and when, while on manual it changes once then never lets you change back, meaning that you cant change target when you want but have to wait until another opponent hits or grapples you before you can look at them - unless you get lucky and get in a position to hit or grapple them by accident. It wouldn't be so much of a problem if there wasn't an unskippable match in the showcase where you are Stone Cold Steve Austin facing off against Vince and Shane McMahon in a handicap ladder match and you have to focus on each one individually to perform some of the objectives and unlock things.

That being said I do like that there's a fatigue option where you run out of energy after a certain amount of moves - its makes the gameplay a bit more like real life - but those two major flaws above let it down.

I've given up with it for a while now because the targeting system not working was pissing me off and I cant get any further along in the showcase but I will go back to the game later because I want to unlock Haku. Overall its a step up from the last game but it is by no means perfect and I dont regret buying it.
Back to top Go down
White Tiger

White Tiger

WWE 2K16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE 2K16   WWE 2K16 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2016 7:23 pm

I'm almost in tears here with how much this game has just dissapointed me.

Ever since the roster was announced I longed to unlock a specific character and play as him. I wanted to be Haku. I loved Haku back in the day. A badass monster with one of the coolest finishers ever. The Tongan Death Grip. This game has ruined it.

The Tongan Death Grip was never a submission hold. Nobody fought out of it. Haku grabbed his opponet by the throat, strangled them and they fell to the mat and were counted out by pin fall 1-2-3, Haku the winner.

This game made the Tongan Death Grip a submission hold, and, as I touched on in the last entry, the submission system in this game is dreadful. It's damned near impossible. And there's nothing I can do to change it.

I cant enjoy playing the game as Haku because I cant win with Haku. I've litterally just hit one opponent with seven Tongan Death Grips in one match because the stupid bar moves around too quickly and I cant get a submission victory.

They've ruined Haku and they've ruined the Tongan Death Grip and its not fair!
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

Number of posts : 9748
Where I am : 台北市
Registration date : 2007-01-23

WWE 2K16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE 2K16   WWE 2K16 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2016 7:24 am

That sounds utterly disappointing, but that's gaming now. One disappointment after another. I'm sure a lot of the good content is also held back for expansions (season passes and whatnot). You have to wonder who makes the games, though, if they can't get simple moves accurate to the show.

Unrelated to the WWE game, but I bought Star Wars: Battlefront recently and I was just disappointed with the whole thing. I got a couple of hours worth of play out of it with HECK! but there's not enough to keep us there for long. Even if we'd bothered to pay for the Season Pass, there's no content there yet even after 2 months. There's no single player game, so there's nothing for me except repetitive multi-player experiences.
Back to top Go down
White Tiger

White Tiger

WWE 2K16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE 2K16   WWE 2K16 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2016 3:22 am

gaboman wrote:
That sounds utterly disappointing, but that's gaming now. One disappointment after another. I'm sure a lot of the good content is also held back for expansions (season passes and whatnot). You have to wonder who makes the games, though, if they can't get simple moves accurate to the show.

Unrelated to the WWE game, but I bought Star Wars: Battlefront recently and I was just disappointed with the whole thing. I got a couple of hours worth of play out of it with HECK! but there's not enough to keep us there for long. Even if we'd bothered to pay for the Season Pass, there's no content there yet even after 2 months. There's no single player game, so there's nothing for me except repetitive multi-player experiences.

I did see that game when I bought WWE 2K16 and was interested in it but it's got bad reviews so I'll probably give it a miss.
Back to top Go down
White Tiger

White Tiger

WWE 2K16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE 2K16   WWE 2K16 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2016 9:06 am

The most annoying thing about WWE 2k16 is the commentary, because the makers of the game decided it would be a brilliant idea to have Jerry Lawler, Micheal Cole and JBL criticise for using the same move repeatedly even if it's just a punch. You use same punch three time and you get sarcastic comments about it being "your favorite more" and it's boring them. I mean, I suppose close to real life because WWE's commentary team at the moment is god awful and a chore to listen to but why the hell would anyone make it so that you criticise you for playing the game?
Back to top Go down
White Tiger

White Tiger

WWE 2K16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE 2K16   WWE 2K16 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2016 5:29 am

Though I would never have thought it before playing the game, the most fun I have had thus far has been playing matches as the American Dream Dusty Rhodes. I dont know enough about his career to be a fan or critic of him but the wrestling style he has in game is so enjoyable.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

Number of posts : 9748
Where I am : 台北市
Registration date : 2007-01-23

WWE 2K16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE 2K16   WWE 2K16 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2016 3:38 am

Good you found something to like about it.

The commentary would make me laugh if they reused the same commentary after bagging you so often about using the same move over and over. They'd need at least 1000 variations of a "repetitive move" insult for them not to sound hypocritical.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

WWE 2K16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE 2K16   WWE 2K16 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WWE 2K16
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Inrejects :: Arts and Entertainment :: Video Games-
Jump to: