Inrejects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How To Train Your Dragon 2

Go down 
AuthorMessage
White Tiger

White Tiger

Number of posts : 586
Where I am : Portsmouth, Hampshire
Registration date : 2007-11-20

How To Train Your Dragon 2 Empty
PostSubject: How To Train Your Dragon 2   How To Train Your Dragon 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2014 4:46 pm

The sequel to the 2010 Dreamworks movie is out now in America and Canada and other parts of the world but I have to wait until July before I can see it because its not released in the UK until then. Dreamworks pulled this same crap with Shrek: Forever After, releasing it in the UK almost a month after they released it elsewhere. I think that's totally unfair.
Back to top Go down
White Tiger

White Tiger

Number of posts : 586
Where I am : Portsmouth, Hampshire
Registration date : 2007-11-20

How To Train Your Dragon 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How To Train Your Dragon 2   How To Train Your Dragon 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2014 2:01 pm

It was a great film. I saw it today. All the characters were likeable - except for the villain obviously - and the main ones had great relationships. Not to give too much of a spoiler there are some tear-jerking scenes in it and I'm still kind of shaken by the big one because I liked the character so much. It's the best film I've seen all year, it's a must see for anyone.

EDIT: Oh well, as I seem to be the only person coming on here with any frequency nowadays here are spoilers.

It was obviously a made-for-3D film, even in 2D you can see that, and I'm definitely going to see it in 3D again. If the nearest IMAX wasn't the next city along I'd see it in IMAX.

The designs for the dragons were great, the lore they developed around it facinating and the Bewilderbeasts impressive. The character they were able to give the dragons was impressive too, though the true strenght of the film lay with its characters.

Hiccup and Astrid were really likable as a couple, Hiccup and Stoick's father/son conflict/relationship interesting and didn't dominate the plot, Hiccup's mother - who I forget the name of right now - was a very compelling character, getting to see Hiccup and his mum get to know each other was one of the highlights of the film but her relationship with Stoick was deeply touching and emphasized by a musical number which was added seamlessly to the flow of the story.

But now to the big bit.

Stoick the Vast dies. That sentance doesn't do it credit. It's a deeply emotional moment. One thing leads to another and that happens. I dont want to go into this too much because it would ruin the impact of the scene to first time viewers and I honestly think there will be kids who see this that will grow up to remember this moment in the same way people remember Bambi's mum being killed - especially those who have gotten to know Stoick through the TV show as well as the film.

Perhaps the main villain is a bit weak, that might be the only really criticizism, but he definitely comes across as one messed-up power-hungry guy out to dominate and control everything so I cant say he wasn't effective.

But, yeah, a lot of good thing and I cant think of any real bad things about it. So I reiterate, it's a great film and everyone should go see it.
Back to top Go down

How To Train Your Dragon 2
Page 1 of 1