Inrejects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Thor: The Dark World

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
White Tiger

White Tiger

Number of posts : 586
Where I am : Portsmouth, Hampshire
Registration date : 2007-11-20

Thor: The Dark World Empty
PostSubject: Thor: The Dark World   Thor: The Dark World Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 8:17 pm

Just back from watching Thor: The Dark World. I can't say its the best film I've watched all year - I found Rush far more engaging - but it was a fun film.

Basically the plot goes: backstory of bad thing existing and big bad who plans to use the bad thing to conquer/destroy universe but is defeated, then big bad escapes but evil thing cant be destroyed so is instead buried where it is expected to remain hidden for eternity. Naturally the main characters love interest finds it and releases it, reawakening big bad and battle begins with ups and downs leading to the eventual showdown where big bad is defeated. Throw in some character conflict between main characters - you know, between themselves and not with big bad - and you have your film. Oh, and of course, we cant forget the destroy part of a major city feature.

Altogether not a bad showing, enjoyable with some memorable moment, and worth a watch.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

Number of posts : 9748
Where I am : 台北市
Registration date : 2007-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Thor: The Dark World   Thor: The Dark World Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 9:58 pm

I'll grab the blu-ray when it's out. I don't expect masterpieces with these movies, but I know I'll enjoy them enough to revisit them a few times.
Back to top Go down
White Tiger

White Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Thor: The Dark World   Thor: The Dark World Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 10:44 pm

There was a bonus bit after the credits as well, which I forgot to mention in the opening post. It show the Collector. So we're obviously building up to the next Avengers film, what with him and Thanos. Not seen the lastest Iron Man film yet but I assume that has a post-credit clip as well. Next up, as far as I know, is the Winter Soldier - and I expect the Red Skull to reappear in that somewhere.

Oh, and, you know, I think I would have got into the film a bit more if I hadn't had the Rainbow Connection song from the Muppet Movie swimming around my head for the past few days. I honestly found myself singing it to myself while I was trying to watch the film.

Last edited by White Tiger on Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:44 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Thor: The Dark World   Thor: The Dark World Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 6:43 am

That sounds like the most annoying thing that could happen to anybody ever. You need to get rid of it soon.

The post-credit Iron Man 3 sequence isn't of any importance. It's just Tony discussing his problems with Bruce Banner and Bruce Banner getting a little snarky. But the ending of Iron Man 3 itself will impact Avengers (won't spoil it in case you haven't heard what happens).

I really hope the Red Skull reappears in Captain America 2. I haven't read anything about it happening and don't know the cast list or anything... but really hope he gets used properly.
Back to top Go down
White Tiger

White Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Thor: The Dark World   Thor: The Dark World Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 8:50 am

It's a good song, the Rainbow Collection. Led to me looking up a few Muppet clips on youtube and laughing my arse off at the Cookie Monster.

I'm kind of put off of Iron Man 3 because I read that they totally ruined the Mandarin by making him just some kind of figure-head instead of a supervillain, and I quite like the Mandarin character so I'm not sure I'd like the film.

I doubt, if the Red Skull does appear, that it'll be as anything other than a post-credit cameo since he didn't really have anything to do with the Winter Soldier story in the comics. I've not read anything about him appearing either so the cameo idea is the most likely.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Thor: The Dark World   Thor: The Dark World Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 10:01 am

Well... I don't really have a problem with the handling of Mandarin, to be perfectly honest, but Iron Man 3 has other problems that makes it my least favorite of the Phase I and II Marvel movies. I know the Mandarin pissed a lot of people off, but I thought it was interesting. Not your comic book Mandarin, for sure.

And, yes, Rainbow Connection is awesome... but having it stuck in your head will still drive you nuts. Especially because I don't know the lyrics to the second verse, so that'll do my head in.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thor: The Dark World   Thor: The Dark World Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thor: The Dark World
Page 1 of 1