Inrejects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Saints Row: The Third (PS3)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
gaboman

gaboman

Number of posts : 9748
Where I am : 台北市
Registration date : 2007-01-23

Saints Row: The Third (PS3) Empty
PostSubject: Saints Row: The Third (PS3)   Saints Row: The Third (PS3) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 11:08 am

It's probably on xbox too, but I didn't mention it on the title because I can't be bothered looking it up.

This game is kind of like Grand Theft Auto, but it's balls to the wall crazy. Like absolutely insane in every way - and that's a good thing. First off, there's more customization than you get in GTA. Your character can look and act in a way that you can choose, so that's pretty awesome.

And right from the get go, the game is over the top. The game starts with you and your crew robbing a bank. there are thugs and shit coming from all sides and you just have to take them out with your huge arsenal of weapons. Sounds difficult, but the game is so insane you can just take them all out pretty easily. But then you can't get into the vault, so you decide to just take the vault. With a huge helicopter. And still all the while, you're being assaulted. Brilliant.

Honestly, got to say, but until GTA5 comes out, this series seems to be better than GTA.

Okay, I haven't played the first two, but I imagine they're just as nuts.

Saints Row: The Third (PS3) Saints_Row_The_Third_box_art

Seriously - Awesome stuff.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Saints Row: The Third (PS3)   Saints Row: The Third (PS3) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 9:43 pm

This'll give you an idea of what to expect. It's really bad ass.

Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Saints Row: The Third (PS3)   Saints Row: The Third (PS3) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 9:35 pm

Okay, this game is pretty awesome. There's a bunch of shit this game has over Grand Theft Auto, but at the same time it depends which GTA you're talking about. But let's say GTA4.

First off, pretty early on in the game you get a kick ass crib. Like a full on penthouse that is awesome and even has a helipad. I'm about 2/3 through the game's story mode and I have about 5 or 6 cribs, and a few of them can be 'upgraded'.

To combat this, GTA5 needs to included kick ass crib customization. That's what this is missing.

In this game, you're already part of a gang but as the game progresses you can have 'followers'. I've got the maximum, which is 3. I can basically call people in my gang to come help me or just follow me around in whatever I do. If I have a 2-seater car, 2 of them will just follow me in another car. Pretty sweet.

Cars are full customizable too, which is cool. You can totally pimp out any car you've got. I like that.

The missions and story line is just fun. Not a dull moment in it.

Just a disclaimer: I don't work for THQ. Seriously. I don't. I just think this game kicks ass.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Saints Row: The Third (PS3)   Saints Row: The Third (PS3) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 9:01 am

I finished the story mode on this. I need to clean up a few side missions I haven't done, then I should be finished for good.
Back to top Go down
White Tiger

White Tiger

Number of posts : 586
Where I am : Portsmouth, Hampshire
Registration date : 2007-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Saints Row: The Third (PS3)   Saints Row: The Third (PS3) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 7:42 am

I bought this game after I saw someone do a let's play on YouTube and thought I would have fun with it, and I did. I'm going to get Saints Row IV when it comes out later this month on the basis of how much I enjoyed Saints Row the Third.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Saints Row: The Third (PS3)   Saints Row: The Third (PS3) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 2:55 am

I saw Saints Row IV has super powers now, and I suddenly thought 'fuck this'

However! I saw a game play video and it looks awesome, super powers and all. My problem is it looks like an expansion of Saints Row The Third more than a brand new game. More of the same. With super powers.

I may wait for the price to go down. I'm planning on buying GTA 5 first.
Back to top Go down
White Tiger

White Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Saints Row: The Third (PS3)   Saints Row: The Third (PS3) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 6:11 am

I bought Saints Row 4 and I can certainly see why you might think it an expansion of Saints Row the Third because I thought that after a few hours playing it. I cant say I've gotten very far though, mostly I spent hours leaping round Steelport like the Incredible Hulk. Still, its a fun and over the top game like the last one was so I'm glad I bought it.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Saints Row: The Third (PS3)   Saints Row: The Third (PS3) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 8:33 am

It sounds like a crazy lot of fun, and it's good they played with the insanity. I'm more excited for GTA5 right now. Saints Row 4 will have to wait until there's a bit of a price drop.

I'm a Playstation Plus member, so perhaps there'll be a special on it eventually.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Saints Row: The Third (PS3)   Saints Row: The Third (PS3) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 1:13 pm

Back to top Go down
White Tiger

White Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Saints Row: The Third (PS3)   Saints Row: The Third (PS3) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 4:33 pm

Two words that make Saint Row 4 truely Epic with a capital E: Roddy Piper

http://saintsrow.wikia.com/wiki/Roddy_Piper
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Saints Row: The Third (PS3)   Saints Row: The Third (PS3) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 11:52 pm

Hahaha what the...?

The game does look awesome.

So the new game isn't really about guns and that anymore; it's more about the super powers? Or a bit of both.

I lost my Saints Row: The Third saved games, so I'm starting again, but I loved how by the end of the game, with all your power ups, you basically can't die and your weapons are extremely powerful. It's just awesome to get to that point.
Back to top Go down
White Tiger

White Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Saints Row: The Third (PS3)   Saints Row: The Third (PS3) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 9:31 am

Oh, you still need your guns just as much as before, just you get a few outlandish guns like an abduction ray or a rifle that fires bouncing bullets. Your super powers dont recharge quick enough for you to fight only with them so the weapons are vital.

The main casualty of the introduction of super powers to the game is the cars. You dont need them anymore since you can run from one side of the map to the other quicker than if you drove, or you can jump about like the Incredible Hulk and get there quicker, so the cars are largely irrelevant.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Saints Row: The Third (PS3)   Saints Row: The Third (PS3) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 12:21 pm

Oh, that's a good point. I did like the cars.

I do want it, but I think I'll wait for a price drop. I didn't get Saints Row: The Third until it was pretty cheap. Still haven't got all of the trophies for it, so there's still a bit more gameplay to go (I finished the main story though).
Back to top Go down
White Tiger

White Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Saints Row: The Third (PS3)   Saints Row: The Third (PS3) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 8:45 am

I will say one thing against the Super Powers. It's bloody annoyng when your in a fight against opponents who can use superpower as well because you end up spending a ridiculous amount of time flying about like a rag doll. There is the explosions - no rall doll upgrade but I have as yet not unlocked it so I dont know if that will make any differance.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Saints Row: The Third (PS3)   Saints Row: The Third (PS3) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 9:37 am

yeah the non-rag doll thing was an update in the third game too. The game is great fun when you unlock all the invincibility stuff.

Fourth is probably the same in that respect. Maybe they expect you to earn more cash to get the upgrades before you go after the super-powered guys?
Back to top Go down
White Tiger

White Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Saints Row: The Third (PS3)   Saints Row: The Third (PS3) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 3:51 am

Well, you dont really need money to unlock everything in the game. Increased ammuntion and damage risistance and a few other things you do but somethings you unlock through completing challenges. The Explosions - No Rag Doll feature you unlock by getting gold in every insurance claim activity, I just haven't got round to doing that yet.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Saints Row: The Third (PS3)   Saints Row: The Third (PS3) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 10:26 pm

oh they've changed that up a bit then. I unlocked the explosion/rag-doll thing in Saints Row: The Third and it just cost me some cash. Same with invincibility and some other stuff. The different abilities unlock at different points in the game, but then they just cost you.

I lost my save game, so I'm trying to rebuild everything I had right now.

I suck at the insurance claim stuff. Really suck.

I always dug how you could save a whole bunch of cars without any real limits, and then mod them right there in your garage. It was just so convenient. In GTA IV you could only save cars for the next use, but if you didn't replace it later it would just be gone. I hope GTA V improves on this.

HECK! is apparently playing Saints Row IV.
Back to top Go down
White Tiger

White Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Saints Row: The Third (PS3)   Saints Row: The Third (PS3) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 3:56 am

Insurance claim activities are a lot easier with Superpowers. You just jump in the air, press the button needed to fall over and start the money counter rolling, then you fly around the map crashing into skyscrapers before you reach ground level and crash into cars. In one go I actually made over $1,000,000 once in that activity.

I found on the XBOX that there was an upper limit to how many cars you could save but it was quite a big number. As far as Saints Row IV, you can still save the cars and modify and recall then whenever you want but, as I said before, they are not really needed so its only sort of a bonus thing in the game. I'm not sure how many cars I've saved so far but it must be over thirty and I can still save more.

I've never really been a GTA man so I couldn't compare.

Maybe HECK! could come on here sometime and offer his impression of the game as well.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Saints Row: The Third (PS3)   Saints Row: The Third (PS3) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 8:03 am

I've tried to get him back here. He's an extremely forgetful man...

I go back and forth on the GTA games. I thought Saints Row: The Third had a lot of stuff I would like in GTA (saving cars is a big thing). I'm hoping the fifth one adds a lot of the cooler stuff in to make it more enjoyable overall. GTA IV was okay, I actually finished it. It just had very little customization and you had to run around finding a car every time you played.

I haven't saved so many cars on Saints Row that I've hit a limit, but there could be one I guess. I have about 15 supercharged cars. That's plenty. If I go back to play the game again sometime soon it'll mostly be to collect more game trophies (like the Xbox's "Achievements").
Back to top Go down
White Tiger

White Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Saints Row: The Third (PS3)   Saints Row: The Third (PS3) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 3:28 pm

I tried to get every make of car in Saints Row the Third and I had several doubles saved so it was a lot. I ended up using a Raycasters or Pheonix or the Nueron as a convertable when I wanted to drive around, or else I'd use a Toad.

I played a GTA years ago but never got anywhere. I just spent hours stealing cars and driving round running people down, or else using a cheat-code to get the Tank and cause general mayhem. I wasn't very good at the challenges or quets so I just sort of gave up. Saints Row is a better fit to my kind of gaming style.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Saints Row: The Third (PS3)   Saints Row: The Third (PS3) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 1:25 am

The old GTA games, I always got stuck at some point and stopped playing. I was quite pleased with myself when I finished GTA4. But I only finished the main story, not most of the bonus stuff.

I'm more suited for Saints Row: The Third too (not sure about IV yet, probably the same kind of deal). When I got to the point where I had unlimited ammo, was invincible, had homies following me around everywhere, and had pimped-out clothing, I thought AWESOME.

I hope GTA V is good is all. I like the realism of the games, but hate dying so friggin' much.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saints Row: The Third (PS3)   Saints Row: The Third (PS3) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Saints Row: The Third (PS3)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Inrejects :: Arts and Entertainment :: Video Games-
Jump to: