Inrejects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

population explosion in Tapei

Go down 
+2
Dekka00
Mr. F
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr. F

Mr. F

Number of posts : 1216
Where I am : san diego
Registration date : 2007-01-25

population explosion in Tapei Empty
PostSubject: population explosion in Tapei   population explosion in Tapei Icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 7:40 pm

The date was 9/23/10. Everything had been going as planned in the local maternity wards for some time, until somebody noticed that there was a sudden flood of deliveries. " I wouldnt call one extra baby a flood'' noted maternity nurse Yugo Popp, ''I dont see any big deal''.

Several bystanders were equally alarmed , ''Crazy Australians come over here and knock up all women'' noted local acupuncturist Yu Suk ''They should take large Australian penis and go home'' .

Mel Gibson had the following to say. ''Australians SHOULD be making babies in the far east. There arent nearly enough redheads over there. We are the master race, and it is our God-given duty to make the rest of the world look more like us!''

Leaving a pub late Thursday night in Antwerp, Russel Crowe commented. ''Get the f@#$ out of my face or I'll knock your f%*&(&g teeth out the back of your head''.

Yahoo Serious was perplexed by all of the hubbub. ''Everybody making such a big deal about ONE baby?!?!? And people think I'M silly?!?!?''

It doesnt matter on which side of the issue you stand, one thing is certain, Grant is a Daddy. Congratulations, and remember, you can get some sleep when she starts school

Back to top Go down
Dekka00

Dekka00

Number of posts : 1251
Where I am : Commonwealth of Virginia
Registration date : 2007-01-27

PostSubject: Re: population explosion in Tapei   population explosion in Tapei Icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 10:55 pm

This story is pretty coinicidental, considering our very own Grant Gaboman is an Australian in Taiwan who has a baby due.
Back to top Go down
Schmiggens

Schmiggens

Number of posts : 1397
Where I am : 'Straylia
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: population explosion in Tapei   population explosion in Tapei Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 12:39 am

FYI: Mel Gibson and Russell Crowe are from New Zealand Smile Yahoo Serious was the next Australian you could think of? Jesus Christ, is that really how Americans think of us? I am so ashamed.

I think we are very disappointed she wasn't born a redhead with a magnificent beard, but she's a cute baby anyway.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

Number of posts : 9748
Where I am : 台北市
Registration date : 2007-01-23

PostSubject: Re: population explosion in Tapei   population explosion in Tapei Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 6:28 am

It's not too bad, he could have resurrected Steve Irwin.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: population explosion in Tapei   population explosion in Tapei Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 6:31 am

You may joke, but the maternity word was packed. We wanted a single room but we were packed into a 6 people room. It's covered by the national health service so that's good.

The kid doesn't cry that much, really. She's alright. Bit smelly at times.
Back to top Go down
Schmiggens

Schmiggens

PostSubject: Re: population explosion in Tapei   population explosion in Tapei Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 7:22 am

6 people? Giving birth in one room? Jesus Christ. I can't think of anything worse. At least it was covered. Taiwan has free health care and the US doesn't? What a world.

You're not going to comment on the implication that you have a "large Australian penis"?
Back to top Go down
fuscia

fuscia

Number of posts : 2304
Where I am : INSane Diego

PostSubject: Re: population explosion in Tapei   population explosion in Tapei Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 5:40 pm

gaboman wrote:
I told him to do that, but he wasn't up for it.

Emma, people here in the U.S. think that Crowe and Gibson are from Australia. Are they really from New Zealand, or are you trying to cast them out?
Back to top Go down
http://www.sherryzod.etsy.com
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: population explosion in Tapei   population explosion in Tapei Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 9:30 pm

No no no recovering in one room. Everyone gives birth separately.
Back to top Go down
Mr. F

Mr. F

PostSubject: Re: population explosion in Tapei   population explosion in Tapei Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 10:58 pm

Schmiggens wrote:
FYI: Mel Gibson and Russell Crowe are from New Zealand Smile Yahoo Serious was the next Australian you could think of? Jesus Christ, is that really how Americans think of us? I am so ashamed.

I think we are very disappointed she wasn't born a redhead with a magnificent beard, but she's a cute baby anyway.

I was going to put AC/DC in there, but they dont seem like they would be up to date on worldwide events. At least not as much as Yahoo Serious
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: population explosion in Tapei   population explosion in Tapei Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 5:11 am

Absolutely, I mean AC/DC haven't had a song in about a year or so, whereas Yahoo Serious' filmography is bursting of '00 flicks.

I'm home now, but the baby isn't. She has Jaundice so won't be coming home for another week (or a bit less). We're upset about it, but we'll be okay.
Back to top Go down
Schmiggens

Schmiggens

PostSubject: Re: population explosion in Tapei   population explosion in Tapei Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 8:44 am

fuscia wrote:
gaboman wrote:
I told him to do that, but he wasn't up for it.

Emma, people here in the U.S. think that Crowe and Gibson are from Australia. Are they really from New Zealand, or are you trying to cast them out?

They are both really from New Zealand, but both grew up here. When they're doing good things, like winning Oscars, we claim them as Australians, when they're throwing phones at people and beating their wives, we like to remind everyone they're technically New Zealanders.

Jaundice is pretty common isn't it? And not a super bad thing? I am sure she'll be home in no time G. Right?
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: population explosion in Tapei   population explosion in Tapei Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 11:53 am

Right, it's not a big deal, but it's upsetting because I'm not well versed in medical terms in Chinese and I wasn't quite sure what was going on. Just being told that the baby's staying in the hospital an extra week for observation and stuff was terrifying. Plus the medical bill was more than I expected. Angela and I both had a break down earlier. It's a lot to take, plus we're missing her already.

She'll be home soon enough, and we can go visit her twice a day (we'll go once, since it's easier on Angela).

One thing that's weird is I have no idea when we do a birth certificate and all that shit. It's all quite peculiar.
Back to top Go down
fuscia

fuscia

PostSubject: Re: population explosion in Tapei   population explosion in Tapei Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 6:20 pm

Grant, I'm sorry about the jaundice. Damon had it but he was allowed to go home because he was not too yellow. It is actually very common, and it goes away with exposure to sunlight or special lamps. I can only imagine how sad you and Angela must feel about leaving her. Hopefully, she will be home very soon. I would not be surprised if they only kept her for a few days. Best wishes for your beautiful little Regina. Smile
Back to top Go down
Whidden

Whidden

Number of posts : 7218
Where I am : THE DARK TOWER
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: Re: population explosion in Tapei   population explosion in Tapei Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 6:59 pm

Wow, congrats man. I havn't been posting much this year, I didn't even know Grant was preggers.

Good luck on the jaundice thing.

Post your address, or email it to me and I'll send you a card. I think you moved since the last time I mailed you something.

whidden1@cox.net
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: population explosion in Tapei   population explosion in Tapei Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 4:13 am

Yup, Regina was allowed to come home with us today. We haven't actually got a birth certificate so haven't officially named her, but I guess I'm going to start. Even though it's a bit weird because Regina was my grandmother's name.

She came home today and she looks great. She's not a crying baby but maybe she should cry a bit more. I mean she should be getting hungry soon right? It's been about 3 hours and not a peep. Jeebus. Maybe I should wake her up for something to eat. Eh, give it another hour.
Back to top Go down
Schmiggens

Schmiggens

PostSubject: Re: population explosion in Tapei   population explosion in Tapei Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 7:53 am

But you didn't call your grandmother "Regina", you called her "Nanna" or whatever, so it's not too weird.
It's so cool you have her home. You should be pleased she's not a crying baby, that's the best kind of baby, enjoy the non-crying while it lasts, when she starts teething, you'll miss the quiet.

More photos please!!!!!
Back to top Go down
fuscia

fuscia

PostSubject: Re: population explosion in Tapei   population explosion in Tapei Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 5:50 pm

Grant she will eat every 4 hours or so if bottle fed, sooner if breast-fed. Nikki was not a crying baby. If she cried it was because she was hungry or needed a change. Enjoy having a non-needy baby. She will most likely be a cuddly one too. Smile
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: population explosion in Tapei   population explosion in Tapei Icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 10:29 pm

She's eating pretty regularly. She doesn't always wake up when she's hungry though, doesn't always cry. She may just start sucking on her hand or making sucky faces. She has started crying a bit more frequently though.

Last night she didn't want to go to sleep. She was wet and hungry, but it still took her a bit to get to sleep. It's hard because the lounge room is the best place for her (the bedroom's way too hot at the moment), and it's hard to turn the lights down too early.

Angela at one point woke up and held Regina for a while, but she fell asleep with the baby in her arms and THAT can't be safe. I grabbed her and told Angela to lie down and get to sleep. She was okay, but after spending so much time asleep it's weird that she'd spend almost 2 hours awake.
Back to top Go down
Mr. F

Mr. F

PostSubject: Re: population explosion in Tapei   population explosion in Tapei Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 11:15 pm

I think everybody that has ever had a baby has fallen asleep with him/her laying on their chest. Its soothing to the baby to feel warm and hear a heartbeat, works on the parents too. Probably not the safest thing ever though

Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: population explosion in Tapei   population explosion in Tapei Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 11:51 pm

Regina's spending more and more time awake now, which is nice. It's easy enough to get her to sleep when it's time to sleep. Typically just a case of dimming the lights. She seems to stare at us a lot more than she once did.

I'm happy it's getting much cooler here, so the bedroom has cooled down a bit and we were able to sleep safely in there without sweating or getting too hot. Angela woke up early in the morning and moved with Regina into the lounge room though. That may have been around 5 am or so, so she was probably watching TV or something.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: population explosion in Tapei   population explosion in Tapei Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

population explosion in Tapei
Page 1 of 1