Inrejects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

6.5 erthquake hits Taiwan

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr. F

Mr. F

Number of posts : 1216
Where I am : san diego
Registration date : 2007-01-25

6.5 erthquake hits Taiwan Empty
PostSubject: 6.5 erthquake hits Taiwan   6.5 erthquake hits Taiwan Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 10:58 pm

I just heard on the news a big quake hit somewhere around Tiapei. The high-speed rail in down, power is off in certain areas. Hoping G is OK
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

Number of posts : 9748
Where I am : 台北市
Registration date : 2007-01-23

6.5 erthquake hits Taiwan Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6.5 erthquake hits Taiwan   6.5 erthquake hits Taiwan Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 1:17 am

I think since the earthquake in Haiti, and then the big one in Chile, the US is earthquake-crazy. I don't think this quake is a particularly big deal, although it did disrupt some of the subway services down south (didn't hear anything about the high speed rail, but that's possible too I suppose. I haven't been following the coverage too closely).

Here's an associated press article.

I wasn't here for the 1999 earthquake but remember the news. Most people I know slept through it, and I haven't met anyone who knows anyone who died in it, but there were some deaths and water was out in a lot of places for a few days. Bad times, I hear.

I slept through the 2006 one, but the most annoying part of that was the internet connection to anywhere outside of Taiwan was severed for a day or two. Pain in the ass.
Back to top Go down

6.5 erthquake hits Taiwan
Page 1 of 1