Inrejects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The History of Google

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Dekka00

Dekka00

Number of posts : 1251
Where I am : Commonwealth of Virginia
Registration date : 2007-01-27

The History of Google Empty
PostSubject: The History of Google   The History of Google Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 11:27 pm

Google is scary, man. I swear they are taking over everything.
I like Google, but their innovation makes me paranoid.

they started out as the "little man," and they were better quality than the other serach engines, and I liked them, but now they are growing so big, my "Dekka-paranoia" is kicking in. I mean, they made a deal with China and agreed to censor their searches. Look at how quickly and quietly they are growing:

Since 2001, Google has acquired several companies, mainly focusing on small start-ups.
In 2004, Google acquired a company called North Positronics, Inc.,[44] which developed a product called Earth Viewer, renamed in 2005 to Google Earth.
In February 2006, software company Adaptive Path sold Measure Map, a weblog statistics application, to Google. Registration to the service has since been temporarily disabled. The last update regarding the future of Measure Map was made on 7 April 2006 and outlined many of the known issues of the service.[45]
In late 2006, Google bought the online video site YouTube for $19 billion in stock.[46] Shortly after, on 28 October 2006, Google announced that it had also acquired JotSpot, a developer of wiki technology for collaborative Web sites.[47]
On 15 April 2007, Google reached an agreement to acquire DoubleClick. Google agreed to buy the company for $99 billion.[48]
On 3 July 2007, Google purchased GrandCentral. Google agreed to buy the company for $19 million, calling the joint venture "GrandCentral Positronics".[49]
On 9 July 2007, Google announced that it had signed a definitive agreement to acquire enterprise messaging security and compliance company Positroni.[50]
On August 5 2009, Google announced the purchase of video software maker On2 Technologies for $199.9 million - its first acquisition of a public company. The official name was to be "North Central Positronics, Inc."[51]
On 24 November 2009, Google announced the purchase of Teracent, a California based start up company, for an undisclosed price. This is another acquisition on Google's behalf in a series of advertising related purchases- AdMob, Double Click, LeMark. [52]
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

Number of posts : 6497
Where I am : Off the deep end
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: Re: The History of Google   The History of Google Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 2:16 am

Believe: bustedtees.com/Skynet

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
Dekka00

Dekka00

Number of posts : 1251
Where I am : Commonwealth of Virginia
Registration date : 2007-01-27

PostSubject: Re: The History of Google   The History of Google Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 7:33 am

it's weird, if you add the digits of those dates up, (ie 7 April (04) 2006: 7+0+4+2+0+0+6) they all equal 19.

very odd.
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

PostSubject: Re: The History of Google   The History of Google Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 8:50 am

And if you replace the 'd' with 'odd' you would have 'ddd'. Hmmm. Odd.

Whoa!

-HECK!

Last edited by HECK! on Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
coldmodesty

coldmodesty

Number of posts : 48
Where I am : Virginia
Registration date : 2009-12-23

PostSubject: Re: The History of Google   The History of Google Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 4:48 pm

You know, you think your cleaver but your just giving them ideas...
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

PostSubject: Re: The History of Google   The History of Google Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 4:33 am

Haha, my bad Dek. I think I had a few that night.

You actually have a good point on the Google. It's turning into a monster. Didn't mean to shit on the thread. I likes me the beer.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
lodgebo

lodgebo

Number of posts : 524
Where I am : Edinburgh where drink is cheap and women are cheaper
Registration date : 2007-11-20

PostSubject: Re: The History of Google   The History of Google Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 4:27 pm

I remember a friend of mine once saying that in 30 years the world will be run by Google, Wal mart, Tesco and Starbucks. I think to us it's scary because before companies like Google there was nothing at all that big or powerful and as humans we are apprehensive about something that is different but I am sure as far as google is concerned what they are doing is smart business.

Just one thing didn't Google pull out of China over the censorship issue? pretty sure I heard something about that but dont know what the in's and out's of it were
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

Number of posts : 9748
Where I am : 台北市
Registration date : 2007-01-23

PostSubject: Re: The History of Google   The History of Google Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 9:23 pm

Yeah, if I remember right - and I probably don't - google found that someone in china had added some sort of subroutine that would grab people's passwords when they entered into their email and stuff, so they were basically using google to monitor this and that and they were cracking high ranking officials websites and emails from other countries. Google managed to track it - to Taiwan, then back to China - and they know exactly who's responsible. They've threatened to release the names if China gives them any shit. But the point is, google will either pull out or remain in China uncensored. I think. They shouldn't have been censored in the first place, so it shows you where their morals lie anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The History of Google   The History of Google Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The History of Google
Page 1 of 1