Inrejects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Final Fantasy 13 and 14

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
coldmodesty

coldmodesty

Number of posts : 48
Where I am : Virginia
Registration date : 2009-12-23

Final Fantasy 13 and 14 Empty
PostSubject: Final Fantasy 13 and 14   Final Fantasy 13 and 14 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 3:32 am

Any excitement here? I know I am!!!!! 13 is coming out on PS 3 in the US soon... I seriously want to buy a PS 3 just for this (I've been hanging in with my PS 2). LOVE FF Final Fantasy 13 and 14 Herz! FF 14 is going to be the new PC version which causes a major conflict for me. I have never played a MMO, never had time to get into FF 11. Now I can't decide if I should get into the MMO because I know others who are going to be playing it or just do my usual solo FF marathon with FF 13. The trailers for 13 and 14 both look so awesome! So torn...
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

Number of posts : 9748
Where I am : 台北市
Registration date : 2007-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy 13 and 14   Final Fantasy 13 and 14 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 9:38 pm

I love the idea of them, but I can never get up enough time to get too deep into the games. With Final Fantasy VII, I only got up to the beginning of the second disc before I just threw in the towel and I haven't played it since. I was watching clips for XIII and it looks spectacular, although I haven't seen any in-game captures/video, and that's always what gets me.

I get bored with online games, personally. It's not so much the games, but the attitudes of people online. Yes, I'm talking to you, HECK!
Back to top Go down
coldmodesty

coldmodesty

Number of posts : 48
Where I am : Virginia
Registration date : 2009-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy 13 and 14   Final Fantasy 13 and 14 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 4:41 pm

YOU STOPPED PLAYING FF VII??????? What kinda lame forum have I joined?!?!!? jk but seriously FF VII is awesome I dont know how you managed to throw in the towel. I'm jealous... I get addicted and have to force myself to turn it off. You probably have seen it but this site provides the best information about FF 14 http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/. I don't really know what to expect from an MMO. My indecision is pointless because definately can't afford a PS 3.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy 13 and 14   Final Fantasy 13 and 14 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 9:28 pm

I don't know what happened with FF VII, it was so long ago. There was a mountain and a big boss enemy and my guys weren't tough enough to beat him, or I just didn't have enough skill. I just got frustrated (granted, I probably only tried two or three times).

One thing the new FF games better have is complete voice over work for the whole thing. I know it'd be a huge undertaking for these games, but I never bother reading the captions.

Out of all the FF games I've seen/played, I gotta admit FF VII was the best. Wish I'd gotten into it more. Hm, I probably still have it at home now that I think about it.
Back to top Go down
White Tiger

White Tiger

Number of posts : 586
Where I am : Portsmouth, Hampshire
Registration date : 2007-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy 13 and 14   Final Fantasy 13 and 14 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 9:54 pm

I'm a big Final Fantasy fan but to this day I have never finished a single one.

I got into it with FF8 then I was very dissapointed with FF9 graphics wise. I learned later that F8 and FF9 were made to run against each other so that the makers could decide how the next game would look; whether it would have great graphics and storyline or whether it would be more like FF7 and have good storyline but cartoonish graphics.

I have never played FF7. After seeing FF8 and then seeing FF7 I could never look past the graphics to get into that game.

The closet I've come to finishing a Final Fantasy game was FF12 where I finished the main storyline but didn't finish the side-quests or get all the GF's/Aeons/Espers/whatever. I barely got anywhere in FF10 ad never had in interest in its sequel.

My favorite by far was FF8 because it was the first game I ever saw that had such good graphics and I particularly liked the GF's but I've never gotten past the third disc.

What I would love to see happen is for the company that owns these games to remake them for the updated system, update the graphics, enlarge the world and the story and give the characters voice actors. I would not hesitate to buy the PS3 if they did that and I would rush out to by FF8 as soon as it came out.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy 13 and 14   Final Fantasy 13 and 14 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 2:31 am

I wouldn't be surprised if they did a remake of VII or VIII at some point, as the company's done it before. I believe it was... two or three of the earliest games were remade for the PSX years ago. Basically the same gameplay, but with improved graphics.
Back to top Go down
White Tiger

White Tiger

Number of posts : 586
Where I am : Portsmouth, Hampshire
Registration date : 2007-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy 13 and 14   Final Fantasy 13 and 14 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 5:01 am

Apparently Square Enix wont remake FFVII until they "feel they've surpassed" the quality of the original with a new FF Game. Of course, they shot themselves when they presented the technical exersize clip of an updated FFVII and expected people to accept no one would call for a complete game.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/06/26/square-enix-reveals-conditions-for-final-fantasy-vii-remake
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy 13 and 14   Final Fantasy 13 and 14 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 6:02 am

Gorgeous graphics. Man I remember how blown away I was back in the day from the animation in FFVII. There were cartoons back then (and even now) that didn't have animation that good.

I was about to ask if there was a Final Fantasy movie. Then I realized that was a stupid question. Not only because obviously there was, but also because I have the DVD sitting about 2 meters from me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy 13 and 14   Final Fantasy 13 and 14 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Final Fantasy 13 and 14
Page 1 of 1