Inrejects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
HECK!

HECK!

Number of posts : 6497
Where I am : Off the deep end
Registration date : 2007-01-24

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 Empty
PostSubject: Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2   Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 2:57 pm

Wiki says... "The story starts with Secret War. We're using Nick Fury's invasion of Latveria as a jumping off point. The rest of the story is derived from the consequences of those actions," states Dan Tanguay, creative director for Vicarious Visions.

The game will then follow the Civil War story arc: a fight between heroes and villains causes an explosion in Stamford, Connecticut. Killing 612 civilians (including a number of school children), the government labels this "Super Powered Negligence", and the public demand a Superhuman Registration Act. The government passes the act, and all meta-humans are forced to adhere to or disobey the law. In the game, players are able to choose between the Pro-Registration side headed by Iron Man and Mister Fantastic with Songbird following them, or the Anti-Registration side, lead by Captain America and Luke Cage with Iron Fist working with them. These heroes are locked into their specific side, but the other characters are playable on either side of the conflict. Multiple endings are available, and are determined by the side chosen at the beginning of the game. Tanguay stated that the story will follow into the aftermath of the Civil War."

Playable Characters

Captain America
Daredevil
Deadpool
Gambit
Green Goblin
Hulk
Human Torch
Invisible Woman
Iron Fist
Iron Man
Jean Grey
Juggernaut*
Luke Cage
Mister Fantastic
Ms. Marvel
Penance
Songbird
Spider-Man
Storm
Thing
Thor
Venom
Wolverine

*Juggernaut is only available if you pre-order the game from Game Stop or EB Games.

The game will include format-specific characters, and the developers plan to release additional characters as downloadable content. In addition, each character will have one alternate costume that can be unlocked during the course of the game. Stan Lee, co-creator of Marvel Comics, and creator of many of the characters, will have an in-game cameo. This marks the first time Stan will cameo as himself in a video game.
----------

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2   Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 2:58 pm

Pre-ordered and looking forward to this one for sure.

I just hope it has a solid replay factor.

Looking like you can go through on one side then the other. That is cool.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

Number of posts : 9748
Where I am : 台北市
Registration date : 2007-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2   Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 9:05 pm

The first game had a solid replay factor, and I can only imagine they did nothing but improved on the format. I'll be grabbing it.
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2   Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 12:49 am

It better. Replay is huge for me. Sounds like a winner.

There are a few losers I won't play with though, like Iron First or Songbird. Lame. I can think of several other characters I'd rather see that those tools.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2   Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 9:53 pm

Out this week, ain't it?
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2   Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 11:13 pm

Yups, Tuesday. Getting it with my super cool Juggernaut. Holla.

Still want Arkham though. Dammit.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2   Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 11:27 pm

Get Ultimate Alliance first. It's definitely the better game.

I mean I haven't played it...

I reckon Arkham is overrated. Definitely the best Batman game I've ever played, but the competition wasn't that fierce to be honest.
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2   Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 2:24 am

Alright, bought it on Tuesday. Totally addicted. Plenty of fun. Out of the gate I was more amped playing Infamous, but this is still really cool.

I like the story. Graphics are cool. The characters are cool. So many different things going on.

I don't play RPG's, so I had no idea I needed to upgrade powers, change attributes, etc. So much to unlock and find and try to achieve. You could play this game a while.

I followed Captain America once you had to choose.

I don't have all the players unlocked, not at all. Still a ways to go. Looking forward to Hulk, Venom, Thor.

Juggernaut is a freak. I think it has to be cheating when I use him.

I have quite a few players I stick with. I have different squads.

My self-proclaimed smash crew is: Juggs, Thing, Luke Cage, Wolverine.

Kick-ass crew is Daredevil, Deadpool, Ice Man, Ms Marve.

Trying to figure in different players. Keep it fresh. But I totally favoring certain guys.

Anyway, digging it.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2   Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 2:25 am

About 3.5 hours in, 25% or so done. Going quick. But you get different missions on the different storyline I think.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2   Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 9:23 pm

Checked if I could buy this on the weekend. Didn't seem possible, so I'll try again this week. Hope it's worth it because I'm not exactly rolling in dough at the moment.
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2   Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 3:24 pm

I like it. A game being worth $60 is relative, I think. If you're not sure if you can spare it, then I would wait. Just because if anything you'll really be judging the game because you invested money you don't really have.

Or just get it. Fuck it.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2   Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 5:46 am

I've got some time to decide. I can imagine myself going 'fuck it', yeah. I mean, I want the game. But damned if I've played Arkham Asylum since the day I bought it man.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2   Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2
Page 1 of 1