Inrejects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Great Harry Potter Debate

Go down 
+2
Schmiggens MKII
HECK!
6 posters
AuthorMessage
HECK!

HECK!

Number of posts : 6497
Where I am : Off the deep end
Registration date : 2007-01-24

The Great Harry Potter Debate Empty
PostSubject: The Great Harry Potter Debate   The Great Harry Potter Debate Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 10:19 pm

Been watching some of the Harry Potter movies over the weekend. They're on tv all the time since the new one is coming out.

I like the series well enough. I know how popular it is.

But watching the first three movies or so kind of tick me off.

It seems that every time there is a problem or situation, there is a relatively easy and readibly available solution. Or something random happens and saves the day. Or something is really conveinient.

For instance, if there is a monster, oh wait, let me use my anti-monster spell.

Look at the stuff that went down in the movies...

How can we save the day? Oh, go back in time.

Battling a snake? A bird swoops in and pecks out its eyes. Then a sword appears in a hat.

Need to sneak around? Here's a magic map that tells you where people are.

The door to the secret chamber or whatever is in the toilet no one goes too.

We need to look like the dopey kid and the fat kid, here's a potion.

Need to be invisible? No problem, here's a blanket. Make sure you sneak into rooms where vital information is shared. Or just hide around the corner or pretend you're asleep because the chatty teachers drop hints about what's really going on.

Is what you're learning in class going to be important in later chapters? Sure enough.

Anyone feel what I'm saying here?

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
Schmiggens MKII

Schmiggens MKII

Number of posts : 438
Where I am : @ Work
Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: The Great Harry Potter Debate   The Great Harry Potter Debate Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 10:38 pm

Yeah they are playing all the movies on TV again too, and I have caught bits and pieces. I totally agree, although I guess most movies are like that.

If they didn't learn the spells they needed in the classes earlier in the book/movie, you would be left saying " how convenient that she just knew that spell off the top of her head".
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

PostSubject: Re: The Great Harry Potter Debate   The Great Harry Potter Debate Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 11:28 pm

Most of the time the plot devices unfold naturally or at least have a build up.

Here they have a spell for everything, a catch-all solution.

Reminds me of the old Batman series with Adam West. Batman always had a new gadget on his belt to help out the situation. Shark problem? Use the shark repellant.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

Number of posts : 9748
Where I am : 台北市
Registration date : 2007-01-23

PostSubject: Re: The Great Harry Potter Debate   The Great Harry Potter Debate Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 12:45 am

I really don't think there's going to be much debate in here. I mean, debating is for stuff that may go one way or the other... while everything you've said is pretty much true.
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

PostSubject: Re: The Great Harry Potter Debate   The Great Harry Potter Debate Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 1:12 am

Guess I could have called it the Great Harry Potter Observation. But then I couldn't rhyme 'great' and 'debate'.

Heh, the Goblet movie is on. Harry is strolling down the hallyway and stumbles upon a vital conversation.

This whole series could have been two books if people told this kid the truth from the get go. 75% of the time he's investigating shit that could be summed up in two seconds if Dinkledore would just tell him straight up.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

PostSubject: Re: The Great Harry Potter Debate   The Great Harry Potter Debate Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 1:20 am

Heh, some of the titles are funny. "Chamber of Secrets". Is that like "The Plot of Mystery". I know it's for kids, but still.

I like how the paintings move. But what if you have one in the bedroom. Sicko painting people watching you get down?

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
Whidden

Whidden

Number of posts : 7218
Where I am : THE DARK TOWER

PostSubject: Re: The Great Harry Potter Debate   The Great Harry Potter Debate Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 7:24 pm

Die Hard villain guy, whatever the hell his name is, snake or slyther or malhead, whatever, he looks to be a bad guy, but he is really good, yes?

I was shocked!!!

Man is kind of cranky.
Back to top Go down
Mr. F

Mr. F

Number of posts : 1216
Where I am : san diego
Registration date : 2007-01-25

PostSubject: Re: The Great Harry Potter Debate   The Great Harry Potter Debate Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 8:12 pm

HECK! wrote:

Need to be invisible? No problem, here's a blanket. Make sure you sneak into rooms where vital information is shared.

-HECK!

Totally believable that one. Hmmmm, Im 11 and invisible. Now where would I go? Girls shower? No wait, the library! Im pretty sure all 11 year old boys would do exactly the same
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

Number of posts : 9748
Where I am : 台北市
Registration date : 2007-01-23

PostSubject: Re: The Great Harry Potter Debate   The Great Harry Potter Debate Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 8:56 pm

At 11, it's a maybe on visiting the girl's showers. But when they're still knocking about in libraries and teacher's bedrooms at the age of 14-16 you do have to wonder...
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

PostSubject: Re: The Great Harry Potter Debate   The Great Harry Potter Debate Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 4:33 pm

Totally. I would be in the girls dorm constantly with the invisible blanket.

And if you really want to investigate things, just stay in the old beardy guys office all day. He'll break it down without all the leg work.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
Whidden

Whidden

Number of posts : 7218
Where I am : THE DARK TOWER

PostSubject: Re: The Great Harry Potter Debate   The Great Harry Potter Debate Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 8:23 pm

I'd bugger out of college, cruise to the Vegas Strip, set up a magic show like David Copperfield, except real magic, and make BILLIONS.

Why would I want to hang out at a school where kids are getting killed and deatheater wraith thingys are trying to kill me? And blond haired bullies screw with me.

Bull**** to that...
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

PostSubject: Re: The Great Harry Potter Debate   The Great Harry Potter Debate Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 11:39 pm

You know, as much as I sneak around, I never accidentally eavesdrop on sinister plans. Sucks.

These kids sure are nosey. Man. Mind your business.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
Drunk HECK!

Drunk HECK!

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2007-12-02

PostSubject: Re: The Great Harry Potter Debate   The Great Harry Potter Debate Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 5:53 am

harr potts is fudge.

Fulthy. Period.

What if he was no good.

Ear.

What a happyt end? Americans and Canadians are friend again?

-DRUNK HECK!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Great Harry Potter Debate   The Great Harry Potter Debate Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Great Harry Potter Debate
Page 1 of 1