Inrejects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Movie of the Year

Go down 
+5
Lawless
HECK!
Dekka00
gaboman
Schmiggens
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Movie of the year?
Star Trek
Movie of the Year Vote_lcap124%Movie of the Year Vote_rcap
 24% [ 4 ]
Paul Blart: Mall Cop
Movie of the Year Vote_lcap10%Movie of the Year Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
X-Men Origins: Wolverine
 0% [ 0 ]
Up
Movie of the Year Vote_lcap16%Movie of the Year Vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
Angels and Demons
 0% [ 0 ]
Watchmen
Movie of the Year Vote_lcap124%Movie of the Year Vote_rcap
 24% [ 4 ]
Hannah Montana
 0% [ 0 ]
Terminator: Salvation
 0% [ 0 ]
Bruno
 0% [ 0 ]
Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian
 0% [ 0 ]
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
Movie of the Year Vote_lcap118%Movie of the Year Vote_rcap
 18% [ 3 ]
Harry Potter and the Half-blood Prince
Movie of the Year Vote_lcap112%Movie of the Year Vote_rcap
 12% [ 2 ]
G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra
 6% [ 1 ]
Inglourious Basterds
 6% [ 1 ]
Where the Wild Things Are
 0% [ 0 ]
Toy Story 3
 0% [ 0 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
Twilight: New Moon
 0% [ 0 ]
You didn't include my favorite movie in this poll!!!!!!!!!!!!
 6% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 17

AuthorMessage
Schmiggens

Schmiggens

Number of posts : 1397
Where I am : 'Straylia
Registration date : 2007-11-16

Movie of the Year Empty
PostSubject: Movie of the Year   Movie of the Year Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 10:24 am

A lot of big budget block busters already out and more coming out later this year. Which one is your top pick?

(Also I have never posted a poll before and thought this was as good a topic as any)
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

Number of posts : 9748
Where I am : 台北市
Registration date : 2007-01-23

Movie of the Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie of the Year   Movie of the Year Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 11:21 am

I chose Star Trek, Transformers, Harry Potter and Inglorious Basterds. Star Trek was a bit 'hmmm' for me, but stuff it: I loved that movie.
Back to top Go down
Dekka00

Dekka00

Number of posts : 1251
Where I am : Commonwealth of Virginia
Registration date : 2007-01-27

Movie of the Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie of the Year   Movie of the Year Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 8:35 pm

I chose Watchmen.
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

Number of posts : 6497
Where I am : Off the deep end
Registration date : 2007-01-24

Movie of the Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie of the Year   Movie of the Year Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 9:46 pm

Trek and Watchmen for sure.

I figure the Transformers sequel and GI Joe will be off the chain.

I'll still check Harry Potter I'm sure. End up seeing them one way or the other.

Bruno should be a laugh riot.

I am really looking forward to The Hangover starting this Friday. Cannot wait.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

Movie of the Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie of the Year   Movie of the Year Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 9:09 pm

I'm not sure what it is, I'm just not looking forward to GI Joe that much. It could be the best thing ever, but when I try to picture it it just comes across as ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
Lawless

Lawless

Number of posts : 4788
Where I am : SUN Diego

Movie of the Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie of the Year   Movie of the Year Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 3:06 am

Harry Potter
Transformers
Back to top Go down
http://lawlessone23.livejournal.com/
HECK!

HECK!

Movie of the Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie of the Year   Movie of the Year Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 7:16 pm

Will probably have to change votes once the movies actually come out.

Bad press on Transformers, so I am kinda worried. And the HP movie being pushed back all this time isn't a good indicator.

From where I sit, Star Trek is probably going to reign as the best of the summer.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
Lawless

Lawless

Movie of the Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie of the Year   Movie of the Year Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 11:37 pm

The HP movie was only pushed back because they didn't want to share the screen competition with Twilight.
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

Movie of the Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie of the Year   Movie of the Year Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 11:47 pm

That would make sense. At worst, HP flicks are still fun. The source material is hard to mess up.

Previews for this one do look good though. Hopefully there are some cool fight scenes.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
Lawless

Lawless

Movie of the Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie of the Year   Movie of the Year Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 1:19 am

I'm really looking forward to this one. I love the much darker story lines as the books progressed.
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

Movie of the Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie of the Year   Movie of the Year Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 6:46 pm

So now that the Summer blockbusters are done, where are we at as far as favorite movies of the year?

My top 3 go like this:

1) Star Trek (great action, fun story, good reboot)
2) The Hangover (funniest comedy in a while)
3) Watchmen (beautiful adaptation of a stellar graphic novel)

Movies that surprised me and are worth a look:

District 9 (unique sci-fi with a social commentary)
Two Lovers (drama, love story, character study)

Bottom 3 are:

3) Harry Potter 6 (mind-numbingly boring)
2) Transformers 2 (pretty explosions, not much else)
1) X-Men Origins: Wolverine (total crap from start to finish)

Still haven't seen: Terminator Salvation, Inglorious Basterds, Night At The Museum 2, Funny People, Land of the Lost, Year One, Taking of Phelam 123 (and I don't watch cartoons, non-Potter kids movies, or Tyler Perry movies).

Movies that could still go on the list: Invention of Lying, Surrogates, 2012, Capitalism: A Love Story.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
Whidden

Whidden

Number of posts : 7218
Where I am : THE DARK TOWER

Movie of the Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie of the Year   Movie of the Year Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 7:46 pm

Star Trek was the best I think.
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

Movie of the Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie of the Year   Movie of the Year Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 1:15 am

You are a smart man.

Cannot wait until it comes out on DVD/Blu Ray. When does it?

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
Whidden

Whidden

Movie of the Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie of the Year   Movie of the Year Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 5:04 pm

It's out. I havn't go it yet, cause I'm poor, but I might get it next week...
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

Movie of the Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie of the Year   Movie of the Year Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 5:41 pm

Why do you lie? I just checked, comes out 11/17. Big liar.

Speaking of Trek, the reboot sequel is being written. No announcement of when it goes into production. At this rate it's looking like late '11 at best.

On a side note, what's up Wheezy? How goes things?

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
Whidden

Whidden

Movie of the Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie of the Year   Movie of the Year Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 7:18 pm

No way...

I was 100% it was already out at Walmart..you sure?

Nothing, been playing Superhero City on facebook. I'v kicked a lot people up and took their money. It should have been named fightclub city.

I been cranking on folks 11 level higher than me, taking their coin...

I'v become a real bully.
Back to top Go down
Whidden

Whidden

Movie of the Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie of the Year   Movie of the Year Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 7:21 pm

Paramount Pictures has finally revealed the specs for the DVD/Blu-ray release of JJ AbramsStar Trek, which hits store shelves on November 17, 2009. Read the full spec sheet after the jump.

The STAR TREK DVD and Blu-ray will boast out-of-this-world special features to take viewers even further into the new universe of the rousing space adventure. The two-disc DVD and three-disc Blu-ray include in-depth explorations of the reimagining of the franchise, the phenomenal cast, the spectacularly real action sequences, the powerful score and the captivating aliens, commentary by J.J. Abrams, the writers and producers, a gag reel and a digital copy of the film. Additionally, the discs feature compelling deleted scenes that reveal a side story involving Nero with a first-ever look at Abrams’ version of the infamous warrior Klingons.

The STAR TREK Blu-ray boldly ventures beyond the final frontier with over three hours of sensational bonus footage including branching pods that allow for enhanced exploration, more fascinating features on the starships, planets, props, costumes and sound of STAR TREK, as well as a Starfleet Vessel Simulator and access to the latest NASA news about real-life space exploration via BD-Live.

The two-disc DVD and three-disc Blu-ray will also offer a home entertainment first: groundbreaking augmented reality technology. Using a webcam, a Star Trek visual cue will morph into a 3D holographic tour of the U.S.S. Enterprise on the screen, providing a unique immersive and interactive experience.

DVD:
The STAR TREK two-disc DVD is presented in widescreen enhanced for 16:9 televisions with Dolby Digital English 5.1 Surround, French 5.1 Surround and Spanish 5.1 Surround with English, French and Spanish subtitles. Special features are as follows:
Disc 1:
• Commentary—By director J.J. Abrams, writers Robert Orci and Alex Kurtzman, producer Damon Lindelof and executive producer Bryan Burk.
• A New Vision— J.J. Abrams’ vision was not only to create a Star Trek that was a bigger, more action-packed spectacle, but also to make the spectacle feel real. Every aspect of production—from unique locations to the use of classic Hollywood camera tricks—was guided by this overall objective.
• Gag Reel—Bloopers featuring the entire principal cast.

Disc 2:

• Digital Copy
• Deleted Scenes with Optional Commentary
o Spock Birth
o Klingons Take Over Narada
o Young Kirk, Johnny and Uncle Frank
o Amanda and Sarek Argue After Spock Fights
o Prison Interrogation and Breakout
o Sarek Gets Amanda
o Dorm Room and Kobayashi Maru (original version)
o Kirk Apologizes to the Green Girl
o Sarek Sees Spock
• To Boldly Go— Taking on the world’s most beloved science fiction franchise was no small mission. Director J.J. Abrams, writers Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman, producer Damon Lindelof, and executive producer Bryan Burk talk about the many challenges they faced and their strategy for success.
• Casting— The producers knew their greatest task was finding the right cast to reprise these epic roles. The cast, for their part, talk about the experience of trying to capture the essence of these mythic characters. The piece concludes with a moving tribute to Leonard Nimoy.
• Aliens— Designers Neville Page and Joel Harlow talk about the hurdles they faced creating new alien species, recreating the Romulans and Vulcans, and designing the terrifying creatures on Delta Vega for the new Star Trek.
• Score— As a fan of the original series, composer Michael Giacchino embraced the challenge of creating new music for Star Trek while preserving the spirit of Alexander Courage’s celebrated theme.
• DVD-Rom:
o STAR TREK®️ D-A-C Free Trial Game for XBOX 360®️
o Weblink to the STAR TREK®️ D-A-C Free Trial Game for PC
o Weblink to the STAR TREK®️ D-A-C Free Trial Game for PlayStation®️ Network

Blu-ray
The STAR TREK three-disc Blu-ray is presented in 1080p High Definition with English 5.1 Dolby TrueHD, French 5.1 Dolby Digital and Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital with English, English SDH, French, Spanish and Portuguese subtitles. Special features are as follows:
Disc 1:
• Commentary—By director J.J. Abrams, writers Robert Orci and Alex Kurtzman, producer Damon Lindelof and executive producer Bryan Burk.
• NASA News— This BD-Live feature gives viewers access to the latest NASA news about real space exploration. Learn about new mission developments and check out featured imagery from around the universe.
Disc 2:
• To Boldly Go—See description above.
o Branching Pods:
• The Shatner Conundrum
• Red Shirt Guy
• The Green Girl
• Trekker Alert!
• Casting—See description above.
• A New Vision—See description above.
o Branching Pods:
• Savage Pressure
• Starships—Abrams and production designer Scott Chambliss were careful to pay tribute to the design of the original Enterprise, but they also wanted to make it futuristic and cool for a modern audience. This chapter focuses on the unique stories behind the creation of the film’s starships.
o Branching Pods:
• Warp Explained
• Paint Job
• Bridge Construction Accelerated
• The Captain’s Chair
• Button Acting 101
• Shuttle Shuffle
• Narada Construction Accelerated
• Aliens—See description above.
o Branching Pods:
• The Alien Paradox
• Big-Eyed Girl
• Big Bro Quinto
• Klingons
• Drakoulias Anatomy 101
• Planets— >From the frozen landscape of Delta Vega to the desert plains of Vulcan, Scott Chambliss and the art department had a number of radically different planets to create. Abrams’ desire to shoot on real locations whenever possible led the production team to a number of strange and surprising locations.
o Branching Pods:
• Extra Business
• Confidentiality
• Props and Costumes— Property master Russell Bobbitt had the unique challenge of designing props that were both true to the original series and pertinent to today’s technology. Likewise, costume designer Michael Kaplan talks about how he designed costumes that paid homage to what came before yet were relevant and timeless.
o Branching Pods:
• Klingon Wardrobe
• Ben Burtt and the Sounds of Star Trek— When famed sound designer Ben Burtt was hired to create sounds for the first Star Wars film, he took his inspiration from the original “Star Trek” series. Burtt jumped at the opportunity to pay tribute to the sounds that sparked his career with the sounds he created for the new Star Trek.
• Score—See description above.
• Gene Roddenberry’s Vision— J.J. Abrams, Leonard Nimoy, previous Star Trek writers and producers, and scientific consultant Carolyn Porco describe and commend the optimistic and enduring vision of Gene Roddenberry.
• Deleted Scenes with Optional Commentary—See details above.
• Starfleet Vessel Simulator—Explore extensive data on the U.S.S. Enterprise and the Romulan ship, the Narada. Submerse yourself in breathtaking 360° views and close-ups and review detailed tech information.
• Gag Reel—See description above.
Disc 3:
• Digital Copy
• STAR TREK®️ D-A-C Free Trial Game for XBOX 360®️
• Weblink to the STAR TREK®️ D-A-C Free Trial Game for PC
• Weblink to the STAR TREK®️ D-A-C Free Trial Game for PlayStation®️ Network

The STAR TREK single-disc DVD is presented in widescreen enhanced for 16:9 televisions with Dolby Digital English 5.1 Surround, French 5.1 Surround and Spanish 5.1 Surround with English, French and Spanish subtitles. The single-disc DVD includes the commentary, “A New Vision” and the gag reel.
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

Movie of the Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie of the Year   Movie of the Year Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 8:50 pm

Whidden wrote:
No way...

I was 100% it was already out at Walmart..you sure?

Nothing, been playing Superhero City on facebook. I'v kicked a lot people up and took their money. It should have been named fightclub city.

I been cranking on folks 11 level higher than me, taking their coin...

I'v become a real bully.

Man, I was almost out the door to go buy it.

I saw that Superhero deal on your Facebook page. Kind of interested in those facebook games, but I would get addicted. Sounds cool though.

Cannot wait to get Trek. Wish it was out now.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
Whidden

Whidden

Movie of the Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie of the Year   Movie of the Year Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 9:44 pm

superhero city is very addicting. All I do is beat up folks. And increase my stats, and try to make the leaderboard...

But to play it and be strong, you have to add facebook friends. I added 102 strangers so far, and had them join my team, so I CAN KICK BUTT.

Sounds crazy, but works...
Back to top Go down
Pulse

Pulse

Number of posts : 445
Where I am : In the belly of the beast (giving it indigestion)
Registration date : 2007-02-24

Movie of the Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie of the Year   Movie of the Year Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 10:11 pm

I didn't vote. I can't decide. The new Harry Potter was great and so was X-Men Origins. I also enjoyed Angels & Demons but I still haven't seen the new Transformers or G.I. Joe yet.

"Taken" isn't on the list but it was awesome. It came out in theaters some time in January so it's been out and available for nearly a year now. I really enjoyed the new Underworld (Rise of The Lycans) too.
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

Movie of the Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie of the Year   Movie of the Year Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 2:14 pm

Taken was nails. Loved that flick. Did it come out in 09?

GI Joe was better than the new Transformers, I think.

Angels & Demons was fun. I read the book first so it's hard for me to gauge the movie.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
Pulse

Pulse

Number of posts : 445
Where I am : In the belly of the beast (giving it indigestion)
Registration date : 2007-02-24

Movie of the Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie of the Year   Movie of the Year Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 12:12 am

Yeah, "Taken" came out in theaters in January of this year. I was about to drop dead in my place from being so cold when I walked out of the theater after the movie was over. It was bone chilling that night. But the movie was awesome Movie of the Year Icon_biggrin

I haven't read "Angels & Demons". My mother has and she said that the book was really good. But then I've never read "The Da Vinci Code" either and I really enjoyed that movie too. My brother said that that was a good book.
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

Movie of the Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie of the Year   Movie of the Year Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 6:08 pm

Taken was nails. Seemed like it's been out a while. When flicks come out at the start or end of the year, they tend to be forgotten.

Angels & Demons was a cool book. Not a big page turner, but a fun ride. I didn't read the Da Vinci Code, thought the movie was alright.

Dan Brown writes an easy book. Translates well to film.

Speaking of movies this year, I haven't seen a real good drama. Nothing that sticks out.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
Schmiggens MKII

Schmiggens MKII

Number of posts : 438
Where I am : @ Work
Registration date : 2009-02-16

Movie of the Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie of the Year   Movie of the Year Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 9:56 pm

Avatar obviously isnt on this list, but I liked it better than Star Trek, Watchmen and all the other movies on the list for sure.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

Movie of the Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie of the Year   Movie of the Year Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 10:57 pm

I also liked Avatar more than the movies you mentioned. Star Trek would be a close second though, because that was great.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Movie of the Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie of the Year   Movie of the Year Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Movie of the Year
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next