Inrejects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Editing for TV

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Schmiggens

Schmiggens

Number of posts : 1397
Where I am : 'Straylia
Registration date : 2007-11-16

Editing for TV Empty
PostSubject: Editing for TV   Editing for TV Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 12:07 am

You know how on TV and cable, they have to edit or re-dub swear words in movies? Well, this past weekend FX played Snakes on a Plane and had to find a way to turn Samuel Jackson's line, "I have had it with these mother=****ing snakes on this mother-****ing plane" into something a little more prude-friendly. Watch the clip above to see what phrases they invented.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4t6zNZ-b0A&feature=player_embedded

That's hilarious. Who comes up with this stuff?
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

Number of posts : 6497
Where I am : Off the deep end
Registration date : 2007-01-24

Editing for TV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Editing for TV   Editing for TV Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 1:18 am

That is the best thing. Monkey fightin' snakes! I would pay to see that.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
Nymphadora

Nymphadora

Number of posts : 4023
Where I am : North Carolina
Registration date : 2007-01-23

Editing for TV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Editing for TV   Editing for TV Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 5:56 am

Hahaha seriously?
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

Number of posts : 9748
Where I am : 台北市

Editing for TV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Editing for TV   Editing for TV Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 12:25 pm

Monkey fighting snakes... I love it.
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

Number of posts : 6497
Where I am : Off the deep end
Registration date : 2007-01-24

Editing for TV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Editing for TV   Editing for TV Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 4:59 pm

I can't watch a Kevin Smith film on basic cable. It's the worst. The guy who dubs Jason Mewes is horrible. Not even close. And the shit they say instead is worse than the monkey fighting snakes.

There are only a few films I can watch on regular TV to begin with. Even 'A Few Good Men' has something taken away with Nicholson's great lines stepped on by a shitty dub.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
Schmiggens

Schmiggens

Number of posts : 1397
Where I am : 'Straylia
Registration date : 2007-11-16

Editing for TV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Editing for TV   Editing for TV Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 8:37 am

http://tv.gawker.com/5667748/the-most-ridiculous-edited+for+tv-movie-lines?skyline=true&s=i

The voices don't even sound the same!!!!!!!!!!!!! The "You calling us sloppy" the "sloppy" is totally different to the rest! They'd be better off just taking the line out.

Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

Number of posts : 9748
Where I am : 台北市

Editing for TV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Editing for TV   Editing for TV Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 12:51 am

alps? Really?

Good video, very amusing.

I don't know, it's my personal belief that if a show is on after 9pm or 10pm, there shouldn't be any need to edit this shit out. If you're personally not mature enough to handle the words, watch something else.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Editing for TV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Editing for TV   Editing for TV Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Editing for TV
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Inrejects :: Arts and Entertainment :: Movies-
Jump to: