Inrejects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Should parents be allowed to name their kid Yourhighness

Go down 
+2
Schmiggens
Mr. F
6 posters

Which most closely describes your attitude on this matter
No child should be allowed to have a name like this
Should parents be allowed to name their kid Yourhighness Vote_lcap157%Should parents be allowed to name their kid Yourhighness Vote_rcap
 57% [ 4 ]
Its funny, not criminal
Should parents be allowed to name their kid Yourhighness Vote_lcap10%Should parents be allowed to name their kid Yourhighness Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
People should be able to name their kids what they want
Should parents be allowed to name their kid Yourhighness Vote_lcap129%Should parents be allowed to name their kid Yourhighness Vote_rcap
 29% [ 2 ]
I just dont care
Should parents be allowed to name their kid Yourhighness Vote_lcap10%Should parents be allowed to name their kid Yourhighness Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Mr. F is a douche
Should parents be allowed to name their kid Yourhighness Vote_lcap114%Should parents be allowed to name their kid Yourhighness Vote_rcap
 14% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 7

AuthorMessage
Mr. F

Mr. F

Number of posts : 1216
Where I am : san diego
Registration date : 2007-01-25

Should parents be allowed to name their kid Yourhighness Empty
PostSubject: Should parents be allowed to name their kid Yourhighness   Should parents be allowed to name their kid Yourhighness Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 10:08 pm

Ive heard a lot of ridiculous kid names in the last few years ( Precious Angel, Aquanetta, Sumreefa Green ), but I flat out refuse to refer to a kindergardner as Yourhighness. What do you think.
Back to top Go down
Schmiggens

Schmiggens

Number of posts : 1397
Where I am : 'Straylia
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Should parents be allowed to name their kid Yourhighness   Should parents be allowed to name their kid Yourhighness Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 11:20 pm

Well, we have Prince Michael Joseph Jackson (MJ's 1st son), Prince Michael Jackson II (MJ's 2nd son-Blanket) Princess TiƔamii Crystal Esther Andre (Kate Price & Peter Andre's daughter), so royal names among celebs seem to be allowed, but I think "yourhighness" is taking it too far.

Is it said as one word?

Doesn't the kid have a nickname you can call him by? How about childofdickheads?
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

Number of posts : 6497
Where I am : Off the deep end
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Should parents be allowed to name their kid Yourhighness   Should parents be allowed to name their kid Yourhighness Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 12:46 am

I will name a kid "Imafuckface."

Nah, I hear you on the parents giving their kids jackass names. But what can you do? I think Stewart is a lame name, can't do anything about it.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

Number of posts : 9748
Where I am : 台北市
Registration date : 2007-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Should parents be allowed to name their kid Yourhighness   Should parents be allowed to name their kid Yourhighness Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 4:23 am

The parents are dumbasses, but it shouldn't be against the law.
Back to top Go down
Mr. F

Mr. F

PostSubject: P   Should parents be allowed to name their kid Yourhighness Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 7:37 pm

Schmiggens wrote:

Is it said as one word?

Doesn't the kid have a nickname you can call him by? How about childofdickheads?

Yourhighness - one word. I hear he goes by his middle name- Peter
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Should parents be allowed to name their kid Yourhighness   Should parents be allowed to name their kid Yourhighness Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 9:28 pm

Brilliant. I wouldn't call him Yourhighness either.
Back to top Go down
Nymphadora

Nymphadora

Number of posts : 4023
Where I am : North Carolina

PostSubject: Re: Should parents be allowed to name their kid Yourhighness   Should parents be allowed to name their kid Yourhighness Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 10:13 pm

Reminds me of soemthing I read a while back about a child being made ward of the state so she could get a name change.

Found it

Tula Does The HUla

Nine-year-old Talula Does The Hula From Hawaii has won the right to a name-change.

A judge in Wellington, New Zealand has made the girl a ward of the court so her "embarrassing" name can be altered.

Family Court Judge Rob Murfitt expressed dismay about a New Zealand trend of giving children bizarre names and in a ruling made public on Thursday, cited a list of unfortunate names that he said were embarrassing for children.

Names blocked by registration officials included: Fish and Chips, Yeah Detroit, Stallion, Twisty Poi, Keenan Got Lucy and Sex Fruit.

Surprisingly, names such as Number 16 Bus Shelter, Midnight Chardonnay and even Violence were allowed.

Colleen MacLeod, lawyer for the nine-year-old said: ā€œShe never told her close friends her real name for fear of being mocked and teased. She told people her name was ā€˜Kā€™.ā€

Should parents be allowed to name their kid Yourhighness ApostropheLeft
She never told her close friends her real name
Should parents be allowed to name their kid Yourhighness ApostropheRight

Lawyer Colleen MacLeod

Brian Clarke, registrar general of Births, Deaths and Marriages said New Zealand law does not allow names that would cause offence to a reasonable person, that are 100 characters or more long, that include titles or military rank or that include punctuation marks or numerals.
Back to top Go down
Nymphadora

Nymphadora

PostSubject: Re: Should parents be allowed to name their kid Yourhighness   Should parents be allowed to name their kid Yourhighness Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 10:15 pm

Bad thing is Tula Does The Hula from Hawaii, isn't from Hawaii, that's her name, shes from New Zealand.
Back to top Go down
fuscia

fuscia

Number of posts : 2304
Where I am : INSane Diego

PostSubject: Re: Should parents be allowed to name their kid Yourhighness   Should parents be allowed to name their kid Yourhighness Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 10:40 pm

Poor Ron, he hears all the stupid names of kids in the area. I think it is horrible to give your kid a name like that. Your name really needs to fit what you will become later in life. Let's face it, you won't be seeing many Dr. Yourhighness's.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sherryzod.etsy.com
HECK!

HECK!

PostSubject: Re: Should parents be allowed to name their kid Yourhighness   Should parents be allowed to name their kid Yourhighness Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 10:44 pm

Don't imagine anyone thought much of 'Oprah' way back when.

Who knows what a kid is going to grow up to be? I can kind of dig kids with unique names. Granted, that Yourhighness name is jackass, but I think the world has enough John's, Jennifer's and Jason's.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
Mr. F

Mr. F

PostSubject: Re: Should parents be allowed to name their kid Yourhighness   Should parents be allowed to name their kid Yourhighness Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 10:26 am

I dont mind the uniqueness of an original name, its the implied elevated social status. Your Highness is how you refer to royalty, not the son of the local crack ho
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Should parents be allowed to name their kid Yourhighness   Should parents be allowed to name their kid Yourhighness Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 10:07 pm

His mother's a crack ho?

Got her number?
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

PostSubject: Re: Should parents be allowed to name their kid Yourhighness   Should parents be allowed to name their kid Yourhighness Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 5:58 am

Mr. F wrote:
I dont mind the uniqueness of an original name, its the implied elevated social status. Your Highness is how you refer to royalty, not the son of the local crack ho

True, but in a country with no royalty, it's just a name. Translates to a mockery. If anything I feel bad for the kid. Who would think this person is royal?

Plus, people across the pond can buy royal title. It's a joke.

I call her Diana Spencer. Not Princess Diana, or Princess Di. I am not a citizen of that country. She's about important as a two-for-one Big Mac deal at McDonalds, title wise.

Did she do great things? For sure. Was she awesome for her career? Shit yeah. I repsect the crap out of her. Not my princess. We don't have them here.

I would regard elected members of public office visiting my country. Not hallowed throwbacks to a once great monarchy which is now a super rich family in a country far, far away.

That we beat.

Handidly.

For Independence.

From them.

Because we didn't want royalty governing us.

Anyone? Anyone hear me?

I go off on tangents sometimes. But I sprinkle truth. Oh yes, I sprinkle.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

PostSubject: Re: Should parents be allowed to name their kid Yourhighness   Should parents be allowed to name their kid Yourhighness Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 6:01 am

Come to think of it, everyone here who I know their name, I also have met someone with that name. Maybe we need some new shit in the system. In 50 years MyLady or YourHighness could be the new Bob and Tom.

I'm for bringing in the new. I'd name my kid Uppercut if I can find a chick that would let me.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
Mr. F

Mr. F

PostSubject: Re: Should parents be allowed to name their kid Yourhighness   Should parents be allowed to name their kid Yourhighness Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 4:59 pm

Ok, heres a new one. how would you pronounce ''La-a'' ?

Its pronounced ''Ladasha''. This one cracks me up because its called a hyphen. It should be pronounced ''Lahyphena''. Seriously funny even if this is a real person.

ps Uppercut would make a kool middle name
Back to top Go down
Schmiggens

Schmiggens

Number of posts : 1397
Where I am : 'Straylia
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Should parents be allowed to name their kid Yourhighness   Should parents be allowed to name their kid Yourhighness Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 8:18 pm

I know a guy (well my boyfriend knows a guy) who got to choose his middle name when he was twelve and he picked Wolverine as his middle name.

That is a kool middle name!
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

PostSubject: Re: Should parents be allowed to name their kid Yourhighness   Should parents be allowed to name their kid Yourhighness Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 8:22 pm

Mr. F wrote:
Ok, heres a new one. how would you pronounce ''La-a'' ?

Its pronounced ''Ladasha''. This one cracks me up because its called a hyphen. It should be pronounced ''Lahyphena''. Seriously funny even if this is a real person.

ps Uppercut would make a kool middle name

Holy shit, I had to read 5 times before I got it. That is the funniest thing ever.

I completely agree with you on these jackass names.

Suppose it's a pretty big gap between creative and downright stupid.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
Nymphadora

Nymphadora

PostSubject: Re: Should parents be allowed to name their kid Yourhighness   Should parents be allowed to name their kid Yourhighness Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 12:53 am

HECK! wrote:
Come to think of it, everyone here who I know their name, I also have met someone with that name. Maybe we need some new shit in the system. In 50 years MyLady or YourHighness could be the new Bob and Tom.

I'm for bringing in the new. I'd name my kid Uppercut if I can find a chick that would let me.

-HECK!

You've met a Buffy?
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

PostSubject: Re: Should parents be allowed to name their kid Yourhighness   Should parents be allowed to name their kid Yourhighness Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 3:44 am

Other than the Vampire Slayer, no. And I've never met that person either because they are fictional. So I do stand corrected.

But I have met a Buffay.

No I haven't.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Should parents be allowed to name their kid Yourhighness   Should parents be allowed to name their kid Yourhighness Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 9:55 pm

I just found out one of Jermaine Jackson's kids is named Jermajesty.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should parents be allowed to name their kid Yourhighness   Should parents be allowed to name their kid Yourhighness Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Should parents be allowed to name their kid Yourhighness
Page 1 of 1