Inrejects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Chinese Gymnasts Too Young?

Go down 
+3
gaboman
Lawless
Schmiggens
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
gaboman

gaboman

Number of posts : 9748
Where I am : 台北市
Registration date : 2007-01-23

Chinese Gymnasts Too Young? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chinese Gymnasts Too Young?   Chinese Gymnasts Too Young? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 2:17 am

They want them to fall in line. That's what communist nations do. I'm sure many people who were more critical of the government before the games just couldn't be happier now.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Gymnasts Too Young?   Chinese Gymnasts Too Young? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 2:58 am

Though a big part of it would have been an international 'ego'
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

Number of posts : 6497
Where I am : Off the deep end
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Gymnasts Too Young?   Chinese Gymnasts Too Young? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 6:47 pm

fuscia wrote:
Heaven forbid they make the host country look bad. There is no way China should EVER have been given an Olympics given their human rights records, now the IOC lets them cheat.

1936 Summer Olympics- Berlin, Germany.

Chinese Gymnasts Too Young? - Page 2 14495

'Nuff said.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Gymnasts Too Young?   Chinese Gymnasts Too Young? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 9:25 pm

Yeah, a lot of people have been comparing it to that. I personally believe the comparison is more than justified as well. Except this time we have half a billion pissed off little Chinese fellows to contend with.
Back to top Go down
Schmiggens

Schmiggens

Number of posts : 1397
Where I am : 'Straylia
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Gymnasts Too Young?   Chinese Gymnasts Too Young? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 10:11 am

China stripped of medal; gymnast found to be underage

The International Olympic Committee on Wednesday stripped China of a bronze medal in the women's team event at the 2000 Olympic Games after finding one of the team's athletes was underage.

The United States will be awarded the bronze medal instead, the IOC said in a news release.

The International Gymnastics Federation (FIG) in February decided to cancel all results obtained by gymnast Dong Fangxiao at the Sydney, Australia, Games.

"The FIG conducted an inquiry which showed that the athlete was only 14 years old during the 2000 Sydney Olympic Games," the IOC said. Under FIG qualification rules, athletes must be 16 in the year of the Games in order to compete.

The IOC's executive board on Wednesday decided to reallocate the results of the events that Dong participated in. She had placed sixth in the women's individual floor exercises and seventh in the women's individual vault.

Dong has been disqualified from all the events she participated in, which also included the women's individual uneven bars, the women's individual all-around and the women's individual balance beam.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2010/04/28/china-stripped-of-bronze-medal-gymnast-found-to-be-underage/

Took them bloody long enough.
Back to top Go down
Mr. F

Mr. F

Number of posts : 1216
Where I am : san diego
Registration date : 2007-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Gymnasts Too Young?   Chinese Gymnasts Too Young? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 1:20 pm

If the IOC had any guts they would ban China from the next event. This kind of thing will continue unless the repercussions are more severe than just 'nice try, give back the medal'.
Back to top Go down
lodgebo

lodgebo

Number of posts : 524
Where I am : Edinburgh where drink is cheap and women are cheaper
Registration date : 2007-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Gymnasts Too Young?   Chinese Gymnasts Too Young? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 5:40 pm

how young were they?
Back to top Go down
Mr. F

Mr. F

Number of posts : 1216
Where I am : san diego
Registration date : 2007-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Gymnasts Too Young?   Chinese Gymnasts Too Young? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 1:18 am

The one they caught was 14. The gold medalist is still under investigation , as far as I know

I got a big laugh out of all of the links at the page MSN sent me to.

'Looking for dong?'
'Want more dong?'
'Like to purchase dong?'

I know I have the maturity of a 10 year old, but its still funny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Gymnasts Too Young?   Chinese Gymnasts Too Young? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chinese Gymnasts Too Young?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2