Inrejects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I can't remember that damn movie's name!

Go down 
+4
Nymphadora
Whidden
Lawless
gaboman
8 posters
AuthorMessage
gaboman

gaboman

Number of posts : 9748
Where I am : 台北市
Registration date : 2007-01-23

I can't remember that damn movie's name! Empty
PostSubject: I can't remember that damn movie's name!   I can't remember that damn movie's name! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 2:50 am

I thought we had a thread on this before, but it must've been at the board-that-must-not-be-named. Umm... if I remember correctly, I was trying to work out the title of an 80's movie where a boy completely loses it and falls in love with a life-sized doll, and was acting totally creepy. I think he ends up dying cause he was freaking his sister out. I forget, but I still don't know what movie that was.

Okay, so I have a new one...

It's a vampire movie. Probably 80's, but could be 70's (doubt it though). I saw it on video in around 1988, but only remember one bit. It involved a man meeting another man in a car park, and one offers the other either money, smokes or something... I think it was a coin though. The man looks down at the coin, and the man who's offering it's hand is green. Then he looks up and the guy himself has become this big ugly green monster. I think at that point, he throws him at a car. Or grabs him and drains his blood. I seriously don't remember.

Anybody have a clue what that is? Green vampire? Anybody?
Back to top Go down
Lawless

Lawless

Number of posts : 4788
Where I am : SUN Diego
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: Re: I can't remember that damn movie's name!   I can't remember that damn movie's name! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 2:03 pm

I don't even think that I've ever seen that movie, much less could tell you a title. Sorry bro.
Back to top Go down
http://lawlessone23.livejournal.com/
Whidden

Whidden

Number of posts : 7218
Where I am : THE DARK TOWER

PostSubject: Re: I can't remember that damn movie's name!   I can't remember that damn movie's name! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 6:59 pm

Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: I can't remember that damn movie's name!   I can't remember that damn movie's name! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 9:02 pm

Holy crap, that could totally be it. The name doesn't ring a bell at all, but I'm totally going to check it out to see if it's the one.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: I can't remember that damn movie's name!   I can't remember that damn movie's name! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 10:37 pm

Looking it up, I don't think that's the movie. It doesn't seem to be about a vampire at all, it's just what the guy calls himself...

The era is correct, this is true... but it's not a horror movie from what I can see. I'm not 100% sure what I was watching was a horror movie, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't about snooker.
Back to top Go down
Nymphadora

Nymphadora

Number of posts : 4023
Where I am : North Carolina

PostSubject: Re: I can't remember that damn movie's name!   I can't remember that damn movie's name! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 10:13 pm

Are these movies that would be known in the US or is it possible they were shown more in Australia?
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: I can't remember that damn movie's name!   I can't remember that damn movie's name! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 10:41 pm

'Twas definitely not Australian. Both were most likely American. The life-size doll one, actually, was definitely american. The green vampire, I'm not so sure of... but probably.
Back to top Go down
Nymphadora

Nymphadora

PostSubject: Re: I can't remember that damn movie's name!   I can't remember that damn movie's name! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 10:58 pm

HUmm, I didn't some searching and couldn't find anything. Maybe if you think about it and come up with some more details we might could help.
Back to top Go down
Dekka00

Dekka00

Number of posts : 1251
Where I am : Commonwealth of Virginia
Registration date : 2007-01-27

PostSubject: Re: I can't remember that damn movie's name!   I can't remember that damn movie's name! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 11:01 pm

I am of the theory that gaboperson is making this up to fuck with our heads.

matter of fact, I think there was a movie made with a plot like that... now what movie was it?
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: I can't remember that damn movie's name!   I can't remember that damn movie's name! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 11:54 pm

Sorry, Buffy, nothing else on them. I swear...

Dek, I think the movie you're thinking of is To Wong Foo Thanks for Everything, Julie Newmar.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: I can't remember that damn movie's name!   I can't remember that damn movie's name! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 10:35 pm

I thought I had a break in the case yesterday. Couldn't find any reference to the scene I was talking about in the movie in question, though.
Back to top Go down
Mr. F

Mr. F

Number of posts : 1216
Where I am : san diego
Registration date : 2007-01-25

PostSubject: Re: I can't remember that damn movie's name!   I can't remember that damn movie's name! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 1:01 pm

gaboman wrote:
. It involved a man meeting another man in a car park, and one offers the other either money, smokes or something... I think it was a coin though. The man looks down at the coin, and the man who's offering it's hand is green. Then he looks up and the guy himself has become this big ugly green monster. I think at that point, he throws him at a car. Or grabs him and drains his blood. I seriously don't remember.

?

Dude, stick to store-bought mushrooms. Thats all Im sayin
Back to top Go down
Nymphadora

Nymphadora

PostSubject: Re: I can't remember that damn movie's name!   I can't remember that damn movie's name! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 11:20 pm

I sent a email to this guy whos like a major movie buff. He said I had him stumped but he would look into it, haven't heard back from him. More details would probably help.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: I can't remember that damn movie's name!   I can't remember that damn movie's name! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 11:19 pm

Dunno, dude's a vampire. Turns green. Meets with another guy in a car park (or parking garage for the Americans). Dude suddenly turns green and surprises the other dude.

Oh, it was night time.

You don't see the guy change into some green monster/vampire thing, it just cuts to him and he's all green and strong.

I guess it was an 80's movie. I'd say about 85-88, 'cause that's when I would have seen it.
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

Number of posts : 6497
Where I am : Off the deep end

PostSubject: Re: I can't remember that damn movie's name!   I can't remember that damn movie's name! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 12:41 am

What about this?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0076760/

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

PostSubject: Re: I can't remember that damn movie's name!   I can't remember that damn movie's name! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 12:42 am

Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: I can't remember that damn movie's name!   I can't remember that damn movie's name! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 1:10 am

Hard to say. I may try downloading them and checking them out. I've downloaded like 5 different movies to check if it's the one I'm talking about. Man, those were some bad movies too.
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

PostSubject: Re: I can't remember that damn movie's name!   I can't remember that damn movie's name! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 6:06 am

I think it was a dream. Where you molested during this movie?

Shit.

I hope you find it.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
Nymphadora

Nymphadora

PostSubject: Re: I can't remember that damn movie's name!   I can't remember that damn movie's name! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 12:17 am

A car park is a garage. You should have said that. I told the dude they were by some cars at a park.
Back to top Go down
gaboman

gaboman

PostSubject: Re: I can't remember that damn movie's name!   I can't remember that damn movie's name! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 11:53 am

no, well, obviously a place where you park cars is called a car park... It's night, in the parking lot...

I wasn't molested while watching that movie, but I think I peed myself a little.
Back to top Go down
Schmiggens

Schmiggens

Number of posts : 1397
Where I am : 'Straylia
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: I can't remember that damn movie's name!   I can't remember that damn movie's name! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 6:04 am

A garage is a covered car park, a car park can be open-air or enclosed.
Back to top Go down
Dekka00

Dekka00

Number of posts : 1251
Where I am : Commonwealth of Virginia
Registration date : 2007-01-27

PostSubject: Re: I can't remember that damn movie's name!   I can't remember that damn movie's name! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 6:09 am

a car park is where cars take their children to go play
Back to top Go down
Schmiggens

Schmiggens

Number of posts : 1397
Where I am : 'Straylia
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: I can't remember that damn movie's name!   I can't remember that damn movie's name! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 6:10 am

Uh huh, it has car slides and car swings and a car sand pit.
Back to top Go down
HECK!

HECK!

PostSubject: Re: I can't remember that damn movie's name!   I can't remember that damn movie's name! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 7:43 pm

Wonder what the tire swing is like then.

-HECK!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I can't remember that damn movie's name!   I can't remember that damn movie's name! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I can't remember that damn movie's name!
Page 1 of 1